Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Just an FYI as this question comes up a lot. I have been speaking with Nicole and have my price breakdown for my wedding that coming up and she said YES, you do have to pay a Vendor Fee for Rashel Edwards. I have to Pay $200 for her and hairstylist. ...  I'm not sure if this has changed.. but this is what I have in my charges quote from the resort.

Originally Posted by Kassi22 View Post

Just an FYI as this question comes up a lot. I have been speaking with Nicole and have my price breakdown for my wedding that coming up and she said YES, you do have to pay a Vendor Fee for Rashel Edwards. I have to Pay $200 for her and hairstylist. ...  I'm not sure if this has changed.. but this is what I have in my charges quote from the resort.

Whaaaaaaat?! Rashel said we didnt have a vendor fee.  We pay a $100 travel fee to her, plus $200 in vendor fees?  She may be good, but spending $300 just to get here there is absurd!  I was going to make a deposit for my girls and I but now I'm not sure. 

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

Whaaaaaaat?! Rashel said we didnt have a vendor fee.  We pay a $100 travel fee to her, plus $200 in vendor fees?  She may be good, but spending $300 just to get here there is absurd!  I was going to make a deposit for my girls and I but now I'm not sure. 

I'm going to go back to Nicole on this and see.

I was told previous you have to pay Vendor fees for service that are offered by the resort. Airbrush make -up is not.. so I don't see why I need to pay a vendor fee. As for the hair.. I can see that I guess.. it sucks.. but I heard from others that Rashel said you should have to pay that.. Anyways. .I will see what Nicole has to say an update.

But yes.. $200 on top of it is expensive!

I'm going to go back to Nicole on this and see.

I was told previous you have to pay Vendor fees for service that are offered by the resort. Airbrush make -up is not.. so I don't see why I need to pay a vendor fee. As for the hair.. I can see that I guess.. it sucks.. but I heard from others that Rashel said you should have to pay that.. Anyways. .I will see what Nicole has to say an update.

But yes.. $200 on top of it is expensive!

I'm have 9 women getting their hair done.  I'm thinking that 4 would still go to the spa and the bridal party can stay in our room to get ready and have their hair done by Rashel & her assistant.  I don't think I should pay a vendor fee when we are still spending $ at the spa.  My concern is how many women work at the spa who can do a GOOD updo.  I dont want to be getting my hair done at 8 am because the spa isn't staffed to do hair for that many people in a reasonable time frame. 

Believe me, we are spending enough $$$$$$$ there on all the "extras"

This is so strange, Nicole just e-mailed me back last week saying in e-mail that there is NO fee at the suites for Rashel Edwards. The answers never same to be the same.

Originally Posted by nikki444 View Post

This is so strange, Nicole just e-mailed me back last week saying in e-mail that there is NO fee at the suites for Rashel Edwards. The answers never same to be the same.

I emailed her today and told her to please reconfirm this... as I thought it was a bit ridiculous that everyone here is saying they do not, but yet I do... I honestly don't mind paying for the hair dresser.. fine.. I get that.. but not for both of them. That's just ridiculous.

If I had of known that it would have been $200 more.. I probably won't have booked. I know other brides that probably wont either for that price. That's NOT helping the local talent in Jamaica. I think its a terrible policy that Iberostar needs to think long and hard about.

I emailed her today and told her to please reconfirm this... as I thought it was a bit ridiculous that everyone here is saying they do not, but yet I do... I honestly don't mind paying for the hair dresser.. fine.. I get that.. but not for both of them. That's just ridiculous.

If I had of known that it would have been $200 more.. I probably won't have booked. I know other brides that probably wont either for that price. That's NOT helping the local talent in Jamaica. I think its a terrible policy that Iberostar needs to think long and hard about.

I totally agree Kassi! I am getting married at the Grand and they were going to charge me 100 per person for guest passes for Rashel and she charges 100 for travel! Her work is AMAZING but I can not swing $300 for her just to show up ON TOP of what her rates are! 

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

I totally agree Kassi! I am getting married at the Grand and they were going to charge me 100 per person for guest passes for Rashel and she charges 100 for travel! Her work is AMAZING but I can not swing $300 for her just to show up ON TOP of what her rates are! 

Amen sister!!!!!  I'm not paying $300 before they even touch my hair!  I'm afraid the spa won't be able to handle 9 hair appointments, plus make-up... and thats if there isn't another bride at the beach and grand getting married the same day... We all share the spa.

Are these "vendor" charges on the hotel bill?  It seems like this is an "agreement" between the WC herself and vendor as they can change who they do and don't charge... who do you think splits the $100....  Rashel said to me that she will tell Nicole that I booked before this new "policy" and therefore I don't have to pay it... how about some uniformity here and not "rules dujour".

I get a travel fee as she comes from far away or if we aren't using the spa services at all, but we are going to split between Rashel and the spa, but if the hotel is unable to accomodate us at the salon I don't think a vendor fee is appropriate.  It's not like these vendors are at the pool bar drinking and snacking. 

Has anyone considered looking into a salon outside of the hotel... and taking a cab there?  They have such a monopoly on these services here!

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

Amen sister!!!!!  I'm not paying $300 before they even touch my hair!  I'm afraid the spa won't be able to handle 9 hair appointments, plus make-up... and thats if there isn't another bride at the beach and grand getting married the same day... We all share the spa.

Are these "vendor" charges on the hotel bill?  It seems like this is an "agreement" between the WC herself and vendor as they can change who they do and don't charge... who do you think splits the $100....  Rashel said to me that she will tell Nicole that I booked before this new "policy" and therefore I don't have to pay it... how about some uniformity here and not "rules dujour".

I get a travel fee as she comes from far away or if we aren't using the spa services at all, but we are going to split between Rashel and the spa, but if the hotel is unable to accomodate us at the salon I don't think a vendor fee is appropriate.  It's not like these vendors are at the pool bar drinking and snacking. 

Has anyone considered looking into a salon outside of the hotel... and taking a cab there?  They have such a monopoly on these services here!

The vendor fee is added to the hotel bill... payable to the hotel. That's what I was given anyways. I contacted Nicole about it and am waiting to hear what she has to say. In your case I think its totally reasonable to split it over the spa and Rashel...and they shouldn't charge for it.. 9 people is a lot! and you're right.. I would say there is a good chance the other resorts are doing weddings as well.

I used Rashel and if you are staying at the Suites you do not need to pay a vendor fee. I was getting ready at my bridesmaids room in the Beach and when Rashel got there they were going to charge me vendor fees. When i explained i had a room at the Suites Rashel said to go there because they do not charge a fee for her. I dont know if she has an agreement with the Suites or if she is just friends with the perople at the front desk, but when we entered the Suites they just said hello to her and let her go to my room, There was no fee on my final bill at the hotel.