Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by sfox4214 View Post

The DJ at the suites is DJ Kevan Stewart. 

Originally Posted by AandNJam View Post

Question about the resort DJ at the Suites. What is his name? Is it DJ Kevan Vaugh? https://www.facebook.com/djvaun or is that a private DJ to hire? Then there is JA DJ Kevan Stewart who I think is an outside dj - www.jaweddingdj.com. Just wanted to confirm since from reading here I understand the resort DJ doesn't emcee.

Actually lol, it's DJ Kevan Vaun Stewart ... it's the same guy for both the fb link and website you have. He is the Suites preferred DJ though.

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy View Post

Is the sand at the irhb ceremony site packed or really loose? I want to inform guests as many are asking if they can wear wedge heels. Also did anyone have their cake on the beach following the ceremony?! Any pics, or advice? My wedding is in July, I have no idea how hot it is around 5 in Jamaica. Also how long is the ceremony with a sand ceremony? Any info appreciated!!! :):)

They rake the area where the ceremony will take place, (we watched a few weddings while there for our site visit)  I think you could get away with wedge heels as its not to far away from Uncle Tonys (And the sidewalk).  We were there the end of May, and around 5:00 it's still pretty warm. Depends what you think Hot is though.  I think the cake happens so quickly you would be ok, but we didn't see any weddings have their cake right after the ceremony while we were there.  One did cocktail hour at the ceremony site, the bar set-up was really nice.

(Yes I was that crazy girl in the bushes, stalking other weddings, that's what my visit was for!)

We saw many folks sinking in the sand with heels so I guess it depends on where you walk. Our wedding party went barefoot. I would suggest flip flops or barefoot for your guests or provide the basket of flipflops and they can chang back to heels at the resturant. I walked on the beach with flip flops and was annoyed by the sand so Id say barefoot is the best way to go. I also saw on the knot as a favor som small paint brushes with a sign that said  something like "brush teh sand from your toes" for guests do they could clean their feet before replacing their shoes.

Either way if you tell guests the ceremony is on the beach they should prepare accordingly.

Originally Posted by jreist View Post

haha this is a huge question. Your date is only reserved at the one resort, the Beach, not the Suites or the Grand. They are entirely separate wedding departments. To switch, you just cancel with one and book with the other, but it may be reserved at the other. There are price differences for the wedding packages and options at the different resorts. The grand is the most expensive to stay at, and the most luxurious. Then the Suites, then the Beach. 

Thanks!

Can't wait to hear a full review!!!! Was your honeymoon spot expensive? We were just going to go over to the Grand. How was the food on the resorts?? How was the weather???
Yes the Rockhouse is but totally worth the indulgence,however it is not AI. I would totally recommend going to Negril, it's more Jamaica...local food, outdoor nights!! Food at both resorts were great. I enjoyed the buffet more than the ala cartes but I like to eat small portions of everything! Weather was great, cloudy around 4:30 but always warm. I was going to buy pashmina's for the ladies but I'm glad I didn't because you don't need it at night

Originally Posted by justine416 View Post

Hi Brides,

We just got back yesterday and wanted to share a few highlights.

We got married at uncle Tony's at the beach but stay at the suites. I'm happy we chose the beach for the wedding as it's off to the side so more intimate. We loved the WC's Santena and Kymoya. What we also realized they also are guest services as well as WC and are short staffed right now.

wedding was at 4:15 around, we should of done 3:30 with us being late, our fault not theirs. That's the only thing that stressed me getting enough pics before dark. We hired Chic Weddings for wedding day....love her also. She allowed me to not worry at all.

We had them turn the lights off only using side lighting and candles for a more intimate feel. We hired steel pan for an hour at dinner. We did our mother/son, father/daughter dance at this time. We played a slideshow and was surprised from my sister and husband with a taped speech from my brother that couldn't make it. By the time dinner, speeches and cake cutting we barley had time for dances. We danced a few songs than went to the lobby bar.

We honeymooned at Rockhouse in Negril......Amazing!!! With only 35 rooms and views of the ocean while seeing dolphins play it was the perfect spot after our wedding week.

I will give a full review but please ask away. Oh and we brought 2 suitcases of decorations

How many people did you have at your wedding? Did you do your dances in the restaurant and did you have a private booking?

About three months until my wedding at the beach and things are starting to come together!  I don't think we are going to have 40 guests for the private dinner at Uncle Tony's so I am thinking a semi-private dinner and then a cocktail reception afterwards.  I am trying to decide between the cocktail reception on the Bob Marley terrace or the pool bar.  Have any of you used either location for the reception and if so, can you provide recommendations (pros/cons)?  Also, I am dying to see photos of these spots so if anyone wants to share, that would be awesome!

Also, I am thinking of having the steel pan drums for the ceremony.  Has anyone done this?  If so, was it worth it?  I want to walk in to Cannon D but not sure what to use as a recessional.  Ideas?

Also, if anyone is interested, I have received some flower quotes from Tai, Floral Fantasies, and Jan's and I think I have decided to go with Floral Fantasies.  They seemed the easiest to work with and the cheapest for what I wanted.  And they responded right away (huge plus!)

Hope everyone's planning is going well?  Anyone else getting married the week of April 24th??