Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by albellis View Post

First of all, breathe :)  The fact that you have your date set is a great start! Now picture your wedding day and use that as your main list to work the details from. For example, I'm having my ceremony at 4:30pm with dinner at 7:00pm. I want our guests to have something to do between those times while we are taking pictures, so I am hosting a cocktail reception after the ceremony. We have a smaller group, and I'm not sure who will want to party afterwards or call it a night, so I'm not planning anything additional after the dinner. Therefore my main events are Ceremony, Cocktail Reception, and Dinner. From there, I worked on each one separately and decided what was important to me and what details I wanted to include. Once you break it down, it isn't so bad.

If you take a look at your guest list and who you are inviting, I'm sure you can come up with a relatively close number of people that are likely to come. Is it going to be 25 people, 60 people, or over 100? That will help you with some of the plans as well. As Jamaicanmecrazy mentioned above, you will need a minimum number of people for a private reception, so if you're guest list is going to be much smaller, that may eliminate that option.

I have heard from the resort that they begin their planning with you to finalize the details about 3 months out from your wedding. That's why I have been working on the items that don't depend on the resort details (wedding attire, AHR plans, pre-travel packets, etc). If I come across something that I need to confirm with the resort in order to add it to a piece I am creating, I'll send them an email, but I don't want to send them one every day since I know they are busy with weddings coming up in the next month or two.

Good luck with your planning! There are some great ideas on this forum and keep asking questions, we're all here to help each other cheesy.gif

Okay I am breathing lol I have the vision of exactly what I want  I guess I just got side tracked with paper lanterns and the talk about cocktail hours, bonfires, contacting florists I think it just got to be so overwhelming. I am happy that i found this forum because it is helping already. We are pretty much going to have a little over twenty or so people but I still want to be able to have that reception dinner as well. Thank you so much for the advice you have put things into perspective for me and I appreciate that. I was freaking out. Thank you so much.

Originally Posted by ktdawson go_quote.gif

Oh my gosh 100? Uh yeah no I know we won't have that many. lol We are inviting 37-40 but will probably not have that many come possibly about 24. So they won't let you do a private reception if you don't have the minimum people? Or can you just not do the renting of the resturant for the private reception without the minumum? I can bet you are definitely overwhelmed not much longer to go but congratulations. I really want that private reception for the first dance and the speeches and just the private time with the family. If I can't have that I think that will take away from making it a whole. Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately ... they won't let you do a private dinner reception if you don't have a minimum of 40 people. Believe me, I tried everything from throwing hissy fits to emailing their pr manager, to having my TA contact her Iberostar rep ... and I got nowhere :(  It was a very frusturating process for me and I was freaking out because I wanted to have a normal wedding ... ya know getting married  in one place, then doing a reception, dinner and dancing all in the same place. I was seriously furious ... I just couldn't (and still can't) understand why they wouldn't let me pay the same amount of money a larger group would to have a private reception. Eventually, I just gave up my need to control everything ... and realized I'm not having a normal wedding ! If that's truly what I wanted ... I would have stayed home ! The way prices add up ... it gets a little ridiculous. You're best bet is to figure out what's important to you ... for instance ... is it worth paying for an cocktail hour when your guests can get alcohol for free ? And you'll learn all these things from talking to previous brides, join the  Iberostar RoseHall Sisterhood of the traveling starfish ... it's pretty much the same people, but much faster answers and much more pictures :) Good luck with all your planning ... and know that we're here if you need us !! :)

Originally Posted by justine416 View Post

Hi,

I am staying at the suites and having my wedding at the beach. We actually have more people at the suites but when making the decision I thought more would book the beach. I am getting married in 25 days eeeeeee!!! So let me know how I can help you out :)

The WC's from the beach have all been very plesant, even though I'm on my 4th one!!

so great to know someone else is in the same position! i'm going to private message you if that's okay :) and 25 days so soon!! i'm so excited for you!! 

Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

100 is the new minimum for a private reception? is this true???

It depends on where you want to do your private dinner. For any Suites 2013 brides ... these minimums apply.

Aunt Ruby's - 100 min

Calabash - 70 min

Mare Nostrum - 40 min

(Maria Bonita does not have private)

Okay so I have over a year to plan this wedding and from reading all of the posts it just all seems so overwhelming. Decorations, music, to do a private reception or not to do a private reception. I don't know where to start. We confirmed the wedding date already and have started looking over the different prices but with reading so much I am now not sure what to ask or which way to turn. I don't know why I thought this was going to be so easy. So some helpful hints where do you start what were your first questions for the wedding coordinator? I have a vision in my mind but all these choices and the different prices for one thing then others I just feel so confused. I have no clue where to start can someone give me some helpful hints. :huh02:  

Originally Posted by ShayF View Post

Sorry ladies for that above funky looking post. Lol

Anywho....congrats to all!!

Can anyone share the new price list? I've emailed Nicole twice since Nov with no response :-( I know she's extremely busy but I'm soooo anxious!!! :-D

I don't think she has released it yet.  

Originally Posted by ktdawson View Post

Okay so I have over a year to plan this wedding and from reading all of the posts it just all seems so overwhelming. Decorations, music, to do a private reception or not to do a private reception. I don't know where to start. We confirmed the wedding date already and have started looking over the different prices but with reading so much I am now not sure what to ask or which way to turn. I don't know why I thought this was going to be so easy. So some helpful hints where do you start what were your first questions for the wedding coordinator? I have a vision in my mind but all these choices and the different prices for one thing then others I just feel so confused. I have no clue where to start can someone give me some helpful hints. huh02.gif

I posted my destination wedding timeline on my planning forum: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77917/courtney-matthews-iberostar-rose-hall-suites-may-4-2013-planning-thread/10#post_1807333.   It could help you in figuring out where to start!  

Hope it helps!

Court