Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy View Post

It's private restaurant rental

My documents say 3 hours for private rental: 

"Steakhouse –Uncle Tonyâ€s – (7:00pm -10:00pm)

* Cajun –Jambalaya – (6:30pm -9:30pm or 7:00pm -10:00pm)"

For the non-private it says 1.5 hours, and there is a $200 charge if you stay later. Maybe thats what the confusion is about?

Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

Has anyone found luminary bags for a good price (in Canada)? Or does anyone know if white paper lunch bags from Walmart would work or if we need the flame resistant ones? I'm going to fill them with sand and use a tea light in each and scatter them in the sand surrounding our beach reception.

Check out amazon.com - they have tons.  If you are going to use real candles, you have to have the flame resistant bags, otherwise you can use battery operated LED tea lights

Don't waste your money on the liquor at the reception. They serve beer and wine. The house wine is ok, and they put that on all the tables. If you like to drink wine, you can pay for different (upgraded) bottles (which is what we did, we had a wine from Chile, I think casilo diablo or something like that, which was $25 per bottle, and about $15 per bottle at LCBO) By the time your guest's sit, mingle, eat, etc...its 930. You can dance around for 1 hour, then everyone (if you have a party crowd) moves on to the lobby bar or goes to the disco to continue celebrating! The rest of the crowd goes to bed. Then, if your crowd is adventurous, you can go on to the midnight buffet and get snacks!!

Wear your wedding dress the whole day until you drop! It's the only time to wear it, and be prepared that EVERYONE at the resort will talk to you, congratulate you, they might even try to hug you etc...even the rest of the week, some random lady told me at the breakfast buffet that my wedding was the best one she's seen  and she's been there for 2 weeks!

Its hot. Bring baby powder so you can put that on before you put your dress on. I had a beautiful tulle/organza type wedding dress, and I was sweating, My cousin helped me powder places I didnt think could sweat!

The steel band was worth the $$. We had them for 2 hours. The only thing we forgot to do was pick out music, which we did the day before the wedding. Think about songs you want to walk down the beach to, have your bridesmaids walk down to, the signing of the registry song, and then the recessional song!!

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

Don't waste your money on the liquor at the reception. They serve beer and wine. The house wine is ok, and they put that on all the tables. If you like to drink wine, you can pay for different (upgraded) bottles (which is what we did, we had a wine from Chile, I think casilo diablo or something like that, which was $25 per bottle, and about $15 per bottle at LCBO) By the time your guest's sit, mingle, eat, etc...its 930. You can dance around for 1 hour, then everyone (if you have a party crowd) moves on to the lobby bar or goes to the disco to continue celebrating! The rest of the crowd goes to bed. Then, if your crowd is adventurous, you can go on to the midnight buffet and get snacks!!

Wear your wedding dress the whole day until you drop! It's the only time to wear it, and be prepared that EVERYONE at the resort will talk to you, congratulate you, they might even try to hug you etc...even the rest of the week, some random lady told me at the breakfast buffet that my wedding was the best one she's seen  and she's been there for 2 weeks!

Its hot. Bring baby powder so you can put that on before you put your dress on. I had a beautiful tulle/organza type wedding dress, and I was sweating, My cousin helped me powder places I didnt think could sweat!

The steel band was worth the $$. We had them for 2 hours. The only thing we forgot to do was pick out music, which we did the day before the wedding. Think about songs you want to walk down the beach to, have your bridesmaids walk down to, the signing of the registry song, and then the recessional song!!

Hey Marlena,

I'm going to do the steel pans band ... what kind of songs can I request ? I kind of want something different than the norm ... but i'm afraid the songs I picked aren't popular enough for them to play ? 

Okay so I have over a year to plan this wedding and from reading all of the posts it just all seems so overwhelming. Decorations, music, to do a private reception or not to do a private reception. I don't know where to start. We confirmed the wedding date already and have started looking over the different prices but with reading so much I am now not sure what to ask or which way to turn. I don't know why I thought this was going to be so easy. So some helpful hints where do you start what were your first questions for the wedding coordinator? I have a vision in my mind but all these choices and the different prices for one thing then others I just feel so confused. I have no clue where to start can someone give me some helpful hints. huh02.gif

For the private reception, I think you now need 100 people minimum. But I think you can also rent out the disco with a minimum of 35 people. A lot of people do a Bon fire, I don't think there's a minimum ppl needed and it seems like fun. Think about what's important to you at your wedding. Look at pininterest and google wedding set ups to see what inspires you. If you have enough bridesmaids you can consider using their bouquets after the ceremony and pics as centerpieces. I am also feeling overwhelmed, my wedding is in July and I'm speaking with the 3rd WC. I am concerned with the 11pm ending time. I feel with the dances, speeches and dinner there may not be a lot of time for guests to dance and party!

I've heard this 100 person minimum several times now, but thats not what my papers say.  Is that for the grand? 

ktdawson, I think most brides on here are for the suites or the beach resort. My advice would be to find someone from the Grand and get them to send you their paperwork, which has all of the option that you get the chose from. The resort doesn't give it to you until closer to your wedding [likely because they want to be able to change things lol like costs and number of people]. But even if you have a rough idea of what is offered, all in one spot, then that should help. 

It may be helpful to join the facebook pages too. The brides give fast answers, but my favourite part is that the brides all come back with pictures, which helps calm my nerves.

Originally Posted by ktdawson View Post

Okay so I have over a year to plan this wedding and from reading all of the posts it just all seems so overwhelming. Decorations, music, to do a private reception or not to do a private reception. I don't know where to start. We confirmed the wedding date already and have started looking over the different prices but with reading so much I am now not sure what to ask or which way to turn. I don't know why I thought this was going to be so easy. So some helpful hints where do you start what were your first questions for the wedding coordinator? I have a vision in my mind but all these choices and the different prices for one thing then others I just feel so confused. I have no clue where to start can someone give me some helpful hints. huh02.gif

First of all, breathe :)  The fact that you have your date set is a great start! Now picture your wedding day and use that as your main list to work the details from. For example, I'm having my ceremony at 4:30pm with dinner at 7:00pm. I want our guests to have something to do between those times while we are taking pictures, so I am hosting a cocktail reception after the ceremony. We have a smaller group, and I'm not sure who will want to party afterwards or call it a night, so I'm not planning anything additional after the dinner. Therefore my main events are Ceremony, Cocktail Reception, and Dinner. From there, I worked on each one separately and decided what was important to me and what details I wanted to include. Once you break it down, it isn't so bad.

If you take a look at your guest list and who you are inviting, I'm sure you can come up with a relatively close number of people that are likely to come. Is it going to be 25 people, 60 people, or over 100? That will help you with some of the plans as well. As Jamaicanmecrazy mentioned above, you will need a minimum number of people for a private reception, so if you're guest list is going to be much smaller, that may eliminate that option.

I have heard from the resort that they begin their planning with you to finalize the details about 3 months out from your wedding. That's why I have been working on the items that don't depend on the resort details (wedding attire, AHR plans, pre-travel packets, etc). If I come across something that I need to confirm with the resort in order to add it to a piece I am creating, I'll send them an email, but I don't want to send them one every day since I know they are busy with weddings coming up in the next month or two.

Good luck with your planning! There are some great ideas on this forum and keep asking questions, we're all here to help each other cheesy.gif