Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

In the wedding package information for a legal marriage it notes that we are required to submit a 'notarized copy of the bride and groom birth certificate which must include the fathers name'. Our birth certificates in Canada do not have a mother or fathers name on them. Does anyone know exactly what is required? Just notarized photocopies or our passports and birth certificates, or something more?

I also had this problem but it's true, both in Alberta and Manitoba we were able to get long form certificates that have our full parents names. I had to send away for the Manitoba one, but you can request the Alberta one in person if you go to a registry office. 

Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

In the wedding package information for a legal marriage it notes that we are required to submit a 'notarized copy of the bride and groom birth certificate which must include the fathers name'. Our birth certificates in Canada do not have a mother or fathers name on them. Does anyone know exactly what is required? Just notarized photocopies or our passports and birth certificates, or something more?

I know that there are two forms of BC in Canada for sure. One is smaller (fits in your wallet) which does not have your parents name on it. Then there is the long form which has your parents name on it. This is the one you need.

For Alberta, this is what it looks like

http://www.servicealberta.ca/pdf/vs/AB-birth-certificate-SAMPLE.pdf

For more information, you can go here:

http://www.servicealberta.ca/785.cfm

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy View Post

Has anyone used the bridesmaids flowers as centerpieces for the reception??

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

I asked about that, not for centerpieces but for extra decor maybe for the bar area..I was going to fill the vase with sliced limes and use the bouquets... they said the technique to do a full centerpiece is not done on site, it's done at the florist, so creating the look I wanted would be hard.  I'm still tempted to use them, but fill the vase with clear stones instead or something.  For as expensive as they are, they will not be just tossed on a table somewhere!

I plan to use my bouquet and my MOH's bouquet to decorate the guest book table and cake table. I'm just asking Tai Flora to provide two small, clear glass vases. Hadn't thought about putting anything else in them except water, but I like the idea of using something like stones.

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy View Post

Has anyone used the bridesmaids flowers as centerpieces for the reception??

Yep, that is exactly what I did.  My bouquet was table #1, and my 4 bridemaid's bouquets were my other 4 tables.  I decorated blume boxes (http://www.blumebox.com/) as the vases, and then the bouquets got placed in them after pictures, during cocktail hour.  If the guest count hadn't worked out and I needed more tables than 5, I had Tai Flora on back up to do the centerpieces.  I was glad that I got to save my money and go this route though.   

Originally Posted by Sjay View Post

I plan to use my bouquet and my MOH's bouquet to decorate the guest book table and cake table. I'm just asking Tai Flora to provide two small, clear glass vases. Hadn't thought about putting anything else in them except water, but I like the idea of using something like stones.

If you put flowers on the huppa or arch, they will use them at the reception if you ask.  I had 2 arrangements on the hupppa that I asked to be placed on the cake table.  They will also put the arrangement that is on the license table somewhere if you want.  They do a very good job of re-using items from the ceremony in the reception so that nothing goes to waste. 

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x View Post

If you put flowers on the huppa or arch, they will use them at the reception if you ask.  I had 2 arrangements on the hupppa that I asked to be placed on the cake table.  They will also put the arrangement that is on the license table somewhere if you want.  They do a very good job of re-using items from the ceremony in the reception so that nothing goes to waste. 

Thanks IslandBride201x - we're doing exactly that. We'll be having one low, long arrangement on the centre of the huppa arch that will then be used on the dining table infront of my new husband (!) and I. I've got some DIY aisle markers that I'll ask them to bring over and pin to the dining table corners, or possibly the cake and/or guest book tables. I hadn't thought about the license table arrangement but we'll figure out a place for it. :)

I wanted to share some vendor contacts and they didn't really seem to fit in the vendor forums here. They are both fantastic but work in and service Toronto area brides so they'd just get lost in the vendor rankings here on BDW.

If you are looking for a seamstress who can work magic, I have just the person for you: Elizabeth Oliveira @ Labl (http://labl.ca/studio-meet.html). My dress came from a sample sale and was too small and wripped. I'm one fitting away from being finished and the dress is even more stunning than the original. She has essentially reconstructed it to fit my vision and my body perfectly. To call her a seamstress is an understatement actually, she is a designer and having her expertise to tackle various alteration challenges along the way was a godsend. (Did I mention it was a couple of sizes too small?) She is also very cost-conscious if you need her to be (which I did). There is no WAY I would've gotten this level of service at a big bridal salon. One important note - she is having a baby in less than two months so at this time she is not taking on any new bridal clients but as of the new year, she (should be) good to go!

The second person I'd like to recommend makes bridal accessories - mainly veils, sashes, headbands, etc. I wanted a crystal sash for my dress and after looking all over Toronto and not finding anything under $300, stumbled across Samantha @ Sparkle and Pomp (http://sparkleandpomp.com/). She makes beautiful pieces at a fraction of the cost of what you will find in stores. Belts/sashes are really hard to find in Toronto (if you've looked, you KNOW what I'm talking about). Samantha has tons of embellishments and unlike ANY store, will loan the sample pieces out. Since my dress has been worked on since the summer (yes, really, 5 alterations so far) I couldn't take it around with me when shopping for a sash to know how a sash would look, if the colour was right, etc. Samantha too was a godsend, and so friendly and flexible to work with. I've just ordered my embellishment, which she will sew right on to my dress in mid-November.

I haven't posted any dress photos yet as I'm waiting to unveil (hehe) the transformation once it's complete, but I will be sure and post photos, this time where I'm supposed to post dress pics on BDW. ;)

Good luck to you all - and if this post helps even one bride, I will be so thrilled!

I wanted to share some vendor contacts and they didn't really seem to fit in the vendor forums here. They are both fantastic but work in and service Toronto area brides so they'd just get lost in the vendor rankings here on BDW.

If you are looking for a seamstress who can work magic, I have just the person for you: Elizabeth Oliveira @ Labl (http://labl.ca/studio-meet.html). My dress came from a sample sale and was too small and wripped. I'm one fitting away from being finished and the dress is even more stunning than the original. She has essentially reconstructed it to fit my vision and my body perfectly. To call her a seamstress is an understatement actually, she is a designer and having her expertise to tackle various alteration challenges along the way was a godsend. (Did I mention it was a couple of sizes too small?) She is also very cost-conscious if you need her to be (which I did). There is no WAY I would've gotten this level of service at a big bridal salon. One important note - she is having a baby in less than two months so at this time she is not taking on any new bridal clients but as of the new year, she (should be) good to go!

The second person I'd like to recommend makes bridal accessories - mainly veils, sashes, headbands, etc. I wanted a crystal sash for my dress and after looking all over Toronto and not finding anything under $300, stumbled across Samantha @ Sparkle and Pomp (http://sparkleandpomp.com/). She makes beautiful pieces at a fraction of the cost of what you will find in stores. Belts/sashes are really hard to find in Toronto (if you've looked, you KNOW what I'm talking about). Samantha has tons of embellishments and unlike ANY store, will loan the sample pieces out. Since my dress has been worked on since the summer (yes, really, 5 alterations so far) I couldn't take it around with me when shopping for a sash to know how a sash would look, if the colour was right, etc. Samantha too was a godsend, and so friendly and flexible to work with. I've just ordered my embellishment, which she will sew right on to my dress in mid-November.

I haven't posted any dress photos yet as I'm waiting to unveil (hehe) the transformation once it's complete, but I will be sure and post photos, this time where I'm supposed to post dress pics on BDW. ;)

Good luck to you all - and if this post helps even one bride, I will be so thrilled!

Sorry - thought I posted under the Canadian Brides forum! Oh well, maybe it'll help an Canadian Iberostar bride too. :)

Beach Guest are not allowed on the Suites property unless they pay a fee.  This is the benefit of paying more and having the upgrades of the Suites.  It would not be fair to everyone whom payed more to stay at the Suites if they just allowed everyone from the Beach who payed less over anytime they want.  If you want to hang out with all of your guest at one place you will most likely have to all hang out at the Beach unless your guest want to pay the fee for each day, I do not know cost. I know this sucks!  As for the wedding day your guest will have to pay the $30 I believe and they will be able to join you at the Suites for all the wedding functions.

I would ask the WC to be sure.  I know to get to the Grand they had guards standing at the door making sure that you had the wrist band for the Grand and a guard on the beach. They would not let my sister through to help me with the dress. 

Hey Jreist - I saw on the 'services with extra charges' document that there are passes that cost: Day $75, Night $100, All day/night $150, but I understood this was the cost for non-Iberostar guests to come onto the property. This is what I'm hoping to get clarification on. Surely Iberostar won't charge a Beach guest $30 to come over on wedding day, and $75+ to come over any other day...??

Thanks LolasMom71 - I don't think I've ever heard/read it was free for guests to come over, but that would be awesome if it is the case!

I've put all these Qs to the WC so hopefully I'll know soon. I'll be sure to post her response too.

Thanks

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

Beach Guest are not allowed on the Suites property unless they pay a fee.  This is the benefit of paying more and having the upgrades of the Suites.  It would not be fair to everyone whom payed more to stay at the Suites if they just allowed everyone from the Beach who payed less over anytime they want.  If you want to hang out with all of your guest at one place you will most likely have to all hang out at the Beach unless your guest want to pay the fee for each day, I do not know cost. I know this sucks!  As for the wedding day your guest will have to pay the $30 I believe and they will be able to join you at the Suites for all the wedding functions.

I would ask the WC to be sure.  I know to get to the Grand they had guards standing at the door making sure that you had the wrist band for the Grand and a guard on the beach. They would not let my sister through to help me with the dress. 

Thanks vbbtk - I'm fully expecting there is a charge, I'm just still waiting to hear what it is. Tiffany did reply and say for wedding events (welcome party, rehearsal dinner, ceremony) that it costs $30/day but she did not provide a day pass price for all the non-wedding event days. I've asked her again to provide this cost.

It does kinda suck, but my friend realizes it's her own fault for not booking sooner.