Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Ladies,

Thank you for your responses.  We are soooo frustrated right now because trying to get information from travel agencies that includes everything is not working out.  We feel like we are under the gun because we want people to be able to budget to come to our wedding.  One travel agent we have spoken to has given us quotes, but when asked about airfare, she stated that rates go down usually 3 months before travel.  What???? Our guests do not want to book the accommodations and then now they have to figure out how to get there.  We also tried one person at Liberty Travel who was just so unprofessional and she is supposed to be the veteran of destination weddings with at least 20 years experience and she didn't even have the decency to call us back at all.  We also looked into Apple vacations, but they want a deposit before they will even help you.  If any of you brides can please direct us to someone that you highly recommend we would greatly appreciate it.  We would like to get our save the dates out in the next couple of weeks.  We can't do any of the fun stuff until we get the travel plans set in stone.  Thank you ladies and I apologize for the long rant.

CokonLove

We had our guests book their air fare seperatly because we wanted people to be able to use their frequent flier miles  (which quite a few people did use), we knew that airfare quotes werent even available a year out from our wedding date, and flights do tend to go down 3 months in advance. I dont think any of our guests booked their plane tickets more than 4 months in advance. I wouldnt worry too much about getting your hotel and your airfare quotes seperatly. Did you happen to look at how much flights cost to Montego Bay this July? That could give you and your guests an idea of how much they should budget for flights next year. We went on our HM late June 2012 to Iberostar and I think we paid around $500 per ticket from Washington, DC. We bought them about 6 months out and didnt see the price go down between the time we booked and the time we traveled.

Originally Posted by CokonLove View Post

Ladies,

Thank you for your responses.  We are soooo frustrated right now because trying to get information from travel agencies that includes everything is not working out.  We feel like we are under the gun because we want people to be able to budget to come to our wedding.  One travel agent we have spoken to has given us quotes, but when asked about airfare, she stated that rates go down usually 3 months before travel.  What???? Our guests do not want to book the accommodations and then now they have to figure out how to get there.  We also tried one person at Liberty Travel who was just so unprofessional and she is supposed to be the veteran of destination weddings with at least 20 years experience and she didn't even have the decency to call us back at all.  We also looked into Apple vacations, but they want a deposit before they will even help you.  If any of you brides can please direct us to someone that you highly recommend we would greatly appreciate it.  We would like to get our save the dates out in the next couple of weeks.  We can't do any of the fun stuff until we get the travel plans set in stone.  Thank you ladies and I apologize for the long rant.

CokonLove

Originally Posted by Jaciv2000 View Post

Has anyone found a cheap videographer??? I see the one at the suites is $450....I was thinking about just asking one of my guests to record the whole thing instead. Anyone else doing that?????

I was just coming online to post this same question. I've been back and forth about a videographer and was considering asking a guest, but what if they have trouble or there's a problem with the camera?

I think I'm just going to hire a professional to shoot the ceremony and toast, so if anyone has reco's for Jaciv2000 and I, please share!

Ladies,

CokonLove

I am also from NJ and I am working with an AMAZING travel agency that specializes in destination weddings. Please let me know if you want their info. They have been nothing but amazing!!! 

Ladies,

CokonLove

I understand, I went through about 4 different TA's and most were nice, but couldn't give me exactly what I was looking for. I'm currently working with a TA from destinationweddings.com. Her name is Sherryl Dabbs and she has helped me out sooo much! Not to mention I can call or email her whenever I need to and she gets right back to me. Message me if you need her contact info :-)

Originally Posted by Jaciv2000 View Post

Has anyone found a cheap videographer??? I see the one at the suites is $450....I was thinking about just asking one of my guests to record the whole thing instead. Anyone else doing that?????

We are just having one of our guests do it. She did it at another wedding and it was great. Just find someone who is actually interested in it and I'm sure it will be great. $450 is a bit ridiculous

Originally Posted by ErinLee View Post

Does anyone have information or photos of a dinner set up on the beach at the Suites? I've been reading that this is an option but haven't seen any pics of yet and was hoping there someone might know more about that. Thanks!

Add Like Iberostar Rose Hall Weddings on Facebook and they have lots of different set ups for all 3 resorts. It's awesome