Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I'm jealous of you Sunshine!  My to-do list is a mile long and I still don't have much time to devote to finalizing things.  I'm hoping it will just look good in the end.

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

Yea I was pretty upset at first but she has the right forms now, so hopefully it is ok! I am pretty much ready, just have to pack and finialize a few things, but the To-Do list is pretty short, since I have been at it for over a year now. How about you? Your date is right around the corner, as well!

Does anyone know if they allow you to do the bonfire WITHOUT the open bar?  The bonfire prices Janielle originally gave me included an open bar for 30 people.  We're over 80 people now, so it would be over $1,000 per hour!  I still want to have a bonfire party, but I figure guests can just run up to a bar and grab their drinks.  I've asked Janielle, but still no response yet.

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

I'm jealous of you Sunshine!  My to-do list is a mile long and I still don't have much time to devote to finalizing things.  I'm hoping it will just look good in the end.

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

Does anyone know if they allow you to do the bonfire WITHOUT the open bar?  The bonfire prices Janielle originally gave me included an open bar for 30 people.  We're over 80 people now, so it would be over $1,000 per hour!  I still want to have a bonfire party, but I figure guests can just run up to a bar and grab their drinks.  I've asked Janielle, but still no response yet.

Aww Leah don't worry! It will all be fabulous!!!! I can NOT believe you have that many people girl, you got your hands full! You should try having the bonfire at the suites. The last time I was at the Grand, there was a couple with a large party, like yours, they said it was much more cost efficent to have the bonfire at the suites. Though to I didnt see anyone outside counting head either, so I dont know if I believe the charging for over 30people. Dont panic... it will all work out!!

Janielle said I was "required" to have it at the Grand (even though technically it would be on the beach between the Grand and Suites so all my guests could attend).  But I don't understand why the Grand charges more for the exact same bonfire and the same stretch of beach!  I would prefer to have it at the Suites, but I don't know how to arrange it without going through Janielle.

I'm freaked out about all my guests!  I originally wanted 30-40 people max.  But my fiance's parents just invited everyone they've ever met!  Now there will be several people there that neither my fiance nor I know (it actually upsets me!).

Aww Leah don't worry! It will all be fabulous!!!! I can NOT believe you have that many people girl, you got your hands full! You should try having the bonfire at the suites. The last time I was at the Grand, there was a couple with a large party, like yours, they said it was much more cost efficent to have the bonfire at the suites. Though to I didnt see anyone outside counting head either, so I dont know if I believe the charging for over 30people. Dont panic... it will all work out!!

Great attitude, and in the end it all worked out!!  Stressful and irritating in the moment though.

Things are coming together!  Still have a couple of projects left.  I am working on my details form now and hoping to get that off to the Suites next week.  Then I'll feel better that all of the plans in my head are now passed off to the resort.  Hopefully they don't find any problems with what I want to do.

Yea I was pretty upset at first but she has the right forms now, so hopefully it is ok! I am pretty much ready, just have to pack and finialize a few things, but the To-Do list is pretty short, since I have been at it for over a year now. How about you? Your date is right around the corner, as well!

Hi there - even though they dont really start paying any attention to you until 90 days prior to your wedding, I'd still let them know now where you'd like to have your reception and/or cocktail hour and/or welcome dinner as Tiffany told me she had to check if they were available....

Hello!

Not quite sure on the cigar rollers....Fireworks are not allowed but sparklers are and there are a lot of recommendations in pages 220-230 of this thread.  I emailed Tai Flora over month ago and havent heard back yet, but honestly, I dont think I am a priority right now since my wedding isn't until next January.  Its just kind of the way things work in Jamaica unfortunately :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

Has any one heard anything about having a cigar roller at their wedding? I have seen it done at Sandals. Tiffany at IRHS said they don't work with someone specifically but we could always find someone on our own - my dad and FI reallllllllly want someone hand rolling cigars. I guess I will have to do some research?
Also, I have been told the Suites does NOT allow firework shows. That is also something my parents wanted to do for us but unfortunately the hotel will not allow.
I have been also told that the chef at the hotel will make custom wedding cakes. They said to email them a picture and they will let us know if that typed cake is possible- happy to know we are not limited to basic white cake with flowers.
It seems like all special things - lighting at the reception restaurant, special chairs, etc. are all done through Tai Flora. Has anyone gotten quotes from them for this type of stuff? I have emailed them but never hear back yettttt...

Hello all you lovely beach brides out there,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with information on Welcome bags. Is anyone planning on doing this for their guests or am I the only insane one?

I have found a place in Montego Bay that actually does the welcome bags for you and delivers them to the hotel so that guests can receive them once they check in, however I have a couple of extra things that I want to throw into the bags (welcome letter, travel mugs, map of resort and local map, itinerary for the wedding day and a list of "things to do') and am not sure of how to go about doing this.

Do you think that the wedding coordinator would partner in helping me add these things to the bags? I was also thinking of asking the resort to throw in all of the excursion brochures and other brocures as well to bulk it up but given that everyone seems to be having such a difficult time contacting the Wedding coordinator, I'm not exactly sure that they would be willing to help out and I need to figure that out ASAP so I know whether or not to order the bags from Jamaica or if it is going to be too big of a hassel to get help, just make them here and bring them?

Has anyone addressed this yet or is thinking of doing it? If so, how do you plan on doing so...... HELP A VERY CONFUSED SISTER OUT!!!! :)hissyfit.gif

FYI Future Brides... when sending you paperwork for the marriage license, make sure you birth certificate and passport copies are on separate pages. Unfortunately for use, we learned the hard way and had to pay shipping twice BangHead.gif

Thanks for the heads up!