Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I emailed the WC at the Suites asking for the 2013 packages. She informed me they are not out yet. So I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

I have not seen the 2013 price sheet but personally I do not think that you need to rent out the restaurants unless you really want to.  We did not rent out Aunt Rubys and I am so glad we didn't there was hardly anyone else there and we pretty much had the place to ourselves.  So glad I saved all that money by not making it private!  As far as a reception on the beach I do not remember the details but it was extra money to have it on the beach.  There were a few nights that I don't think the meal on the beach would have been much fun due to the wind and sand blowing into your drink etc. yuck!  Just my opinion but keep that in mind if you are looking at doing the reception and meal on the beach.

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

Hi Ladies!

I sent in my wedding day request to the Grand on Saturday, and I have yet to hear back, I sent another email and NOTHING... how long did it take you to hear back? Also those of you who have the 2013 wedding packages can you post them?! We are most likely getting married and the grand BUT i would like to see the other 2013 rates as well thanks!

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

Wow!  I have not seen this yet.  I just requested the document from the WC.  I also asked her for information about the beach reception.  I will let you know if I find anything interesting. 

Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

So the Suites wedding coordinator just sent me the new information package for 2013 which now says that you need 100-200 guests to rent out Aunt Ruby's steakhouse.  This now changes everything for us because we only have 50 guests and wanted an outdoor reception.  Calabrash we need 70-100 people so that doesn't work either.  So pretty much our only option is either the Mediteranean (which isn't really the look I was going for) or reception on the beach.  I haven't really heard anyone mention anything about having their reception on the beach at all.  Has anyone read any reviews or have any information on this?  I have the pricing for the WC, but I haven't seen photos or anything of what it would look like.  My main worry is it getting too cold and windy.  Any input would be appreciated.

I emailed the WC at the Suites asking for the 2013 packages. She informed me they are not out yet. So I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.   I haven't seen anything for 2013 either, fingers crossed there are no big changes! I am also getting married Jan 28 but at IRHB!

I'm getting married at the Suites Jan 28th 2013 :) haha

When I didn't know whether I'd be married at the Suites or Beach I asked for the dates available for the Beach in Jan 2013. These were the ones she gave me that were availableas of the 6th of February the IRHB (this is a direct quote from her email)

"These dates  that are available are as follows:1,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17,20,21,22,24,25,26,27,29"

Hope this helps you out. Again, there may be more/less date avaialble depending on if people are booking and or cancelling. Just thought I would share this information with you.

Originally Posted by erin2100 View Post

Does anyone have any information about the kids club?! I am having a VERY hard time debating wether or not to invite kids to the wedding.  I 100% do not want them at the actual ceremony/reception, however I feel like it is unfair to ask the parents to leave their kids at home from vacation, with this being said I wanted info on the kids club so I know wether or not they can leave their kids there for the wedding. I don't mean to sound like a monster but my cousin's kids ARE monsters and there is NO way I want them at my wedding! 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

Does anyone have any information about the kids club?! I am having a VERY hard time debating wether or not to invite kids to the wedding.  I 100% do not want them at the actual ceremony/reception, however I feel like it is unfair to ask the parents to leave their kids at home from vacation, with this being said I wanted info on the kids club so I know wether or not they can leave their kids there for the wedding. I don't mean to sound like a monster but my cousin's kids ARE monsters and there is NO way I want them at my wedding! 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

We chose this resort since they allow kids (and many didnt), but the prices were nearly the same to bring kids as it is to bring an adult, so none of our 71 guests decided to bring their kids.

That being said, my friend went with her kids this year and this is what she said:

"I don't know if you guys are having kids going, my kids had fun! The kids club didn't have a very good outdoor area but the boys had so much fun and were spoiled by all the staff. "

Thanks for your input! How old were the kids that she brought?

Originally Posted by jreist View Post

We chose this resort since they allow kids (and many didnt), but the prices were nearly the same to bring kids as it is to bring an adult, so none of our 71 guests decided to bring their kids.

That being said, my friend went with her kids this year and this is what she said:

"I don't know if you guys are having kids going, my kids had fun! The kids club didn't have a very good outdoor area but the boys had so much fun and were spoiled by all the staff. "

Hey I was just wondering if anyone out there has used or is using Sungold for their wedding photographers? Whether its Paula and Damian or their associates. I've been trying to get in touch with them since February and I've sent them 2 FB msgs and I filled out the form on their website and I even called their contact number. Is it typical of them to take this long to respond? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks :)

I'm surprised Paula hasn't responded. They do some beautiful work. I know they travel between TX and Jamaica regularly. Keep trying as I believe they are one of the premier photographers in Jamaica. Good luck!! R~

Hey I was just wondering if anyone out there has used or is using Sungold for their wedding photographers? Whether its Paula and Damian or their associates. I've been trying to get in touch with them since February and I've sent them 2 FB msgs and I filled out the form on their website and I even called their contact number. Is it typical of them to take this long to respond? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks :)