Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I hope you are right about the vendor fee.  It would suck to have to pay for each band member when they will only be there for 2 hours or so.

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

Be careful that you're not confusing the "vendor fee" and the "day pass".  There's no vendor fee for photographers at Iberostar.  They only require a day pass, therefore you have to purchase a day pass for EACH photographer.  But for a band or musical group, they "should" be considered as 1 vendor...therefore, only 1 vendor fee (and no day passes).  You should check with your WC to confirm.

I believe your best bet is checking with the resort, I'm fairly certain ALL vendors have a vendor fee if you have opted not to use the vendors that the resort works with, for example the florist, photographer, di and band.

Be careful that you're not confusing the "vendor fee" and the "day pass".  There's no vendor fee for photographers at Iberostar.  They only require a day pass, therefore you have to purchase a day pass for EACH photographer.  But for a band or musical group, they "should" be considered as 1 vendor...therefore, only 1 vendor fee (and no day passes).  You should check with your WC to confirm.

I'm 100% certain there's no vendor fee for the photographer...only a day pass.  Also, they don't charge a vendor fee for outside make-up/hair.  But if you're thinking of getting married at the Grand, then you should check with them directly.  As of 2012 they don't allow ANY outside vendors (except the photographer).

Originally Posted by beachbum21 View Post

I believe your best bet is checking with the resort, I'm fairly certain ALL vendors have a vendor fee if you have opted not to use the vendors that the resort works with, for example the florist, photographer, di and band.

That's so strange!! They must have different "rules" for each of the resorts. You can bring in outside vendors at the Beach and you will be charged vendor fees.  With respect to the photographer, I must have been mixed up with the day pass as I recall being told there would be some sort of fee. We're brining our own photographer, so no vendor fee/day pass because he'll be a guest of the resort.

We're likely hiring a an external DJ, still deciding, but we've been given the go-ahead by the resort, and of course there is a vendor fee.

I'm 100% certain there's no vendor fee for the photographer...only a day pass.  Also, they don't charge a vendor fee for outside make-up/hair.  But if you're thinking of getting married at the Grand, then you should check with them directly.  As of 2012 they don't allow ANY outside vendors (except the photographer).

Hi everyone,

I posted this question in IRHS 2013 brides but I think someone here may know the answer too! I just submitted my wedding request form for March 7th, 2013! =) 

My fiancé is Jewish and I am Christian. We are going to have a simple, legal ceremony however, does the officiant wear a suit or does he wear a collar like a pastor? 

If anyone has anymore info, I would greatly appreciate it!! 

Thanks!!!

Leah22, that's not the case at the Beach Resort.  It does seem that the rules are different at every resort.  At the Beach resort you pay a $100 VENDOR fee for an outside dj, photographer, band etc.  PLUS you pay a pass $75 for EACH person in the group... so if I have a photographer with an assistant, its going to cost $250 to get them on site.  This is in the agreement you sign:

6) VENDORS OFF PROPERTY:

If the couple desires to hire any other supplier, for a service that it is provided by the hotel,each vendor will be assess separately to verify that they comply with the hotel policies & standards. This in this case will attract an additional cost of $100usd

_ FLOWER SHOP: the hotel works with an outside flower shop called “Tai Floraâ€.

All flowers services should be hired though this flower shop.

The hotel will not allow any other flower vendor to be used on property.

_ PHOTOGRAPHER: the hotel has an exclusivity agreement with the Photoshop on

property “Digipix Ltd.â€.

_ If you decide to hire an outside photographer, please note that you will have to

pay the hotel the vendorâ€s fee of $100usd and also you will have to purchase a

day pass of $75usd per person for every photographer.

_ WEDDING PLANNERS: The hotel does not allow any outside wedding

coordinators. If the wedding couple is using the services of a local wedding planner,

she must be advised about our policies and that all wedding details will be

dealt with and confirmed directly to the wedding couple.

The outside wedding planner will be considered as another guest of the

wedding and she will not be allowed to address or give instructions to any

Iberostar staff. She must only address the hotel wedding coordinator for

suggestions, comments or corrections, which the hotel wedding coordinator

will double check with the couple.

If the wedding planner should come on property on the wedding day or any

other day during the coupleâ€s stay, a day pass fee will apply.

If the wedding couple is using the services of an overseas wedding

planner, the hotel wedding coordinator could confirm and arrange wedding

details with her (through emails or phone calls) but all final decisions must

be confirm directly by the couple.

If this wedding planner is staying at the hotel she can be involve as a

witness in all the wedding planning but she can only address the hotel

wedding coordinator for any suggestions, comments or corrections

regarding the wedding events, which will be confirmed directly with the

_ If the overseas wedding planner is not staying on property on the wedding

day or any other day during the coupleâ€s stay, a day pass fee will apply.

_ MUSICIANS: the hotel has certain outside musicians that work for our

different private functions. These musicians are recommended by the Hotel

Entertainment manager and have audition for us in order to work within our

premises.

If the couple desires to hire another musician that is not part of the ones

recommended by the hotel, the hotel will not be held responsible for

their performance

If the musician or band will stay/perform for an extended time, extra

fees might apply in the case that food or beverage must be provided by

the hotel.

If you decide to hire an outside musician, please note that you will have

to pay the hotel the vendors fee of $100usd and also you will have to

purchase a day pass of $75usd per person for every musician

Party providing services:

(Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel)

Hope that clears it up for you!!! pinkie.gif

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie View Post

I hope you are right about the vendor fee.  It would suck to have to pay for each band member when they will only be there for 2 hours or so.