Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

We're planning for those exact days too - I think that should be sufficient as you can meet with the WC the Fri or Sat to make any last arrangements/changes.

Originally Posted by erin2100 View Post

THanks everyone for being so helpful.  I got the docs i was looking for :)  one more quick question for now, i read that you are to be at the resort 3 full days in advance, just wondering if that is true. I was hoping to arrive on a Friday and get married on Monday...will that be sufficient time?

all of my guests are staying at the resort but in the wedding package/contract it stated that if anyone off property was going to attend or even if anyone stayed at the beach as I am getting married at the suites they would have to pay a fee.  When doing my shopping around for locations this seemed to be the practice at all the all-inclusives that I looked into.

Originally Posted by MrsG 81812 View Post

I an getting married at Iberostar Rosehall Suites in August. They are charging my guests not staying at the hotel an entry fee of $100. Does anyone else have to have their guest pay this? I think this is too much since I am already paying for my guests to attend the wedding. I have family in Jamaica who do not need to stay at the resort but asking them to pay $100 to attend the wedding is ridiculous. Input anyone?

@clonedtwice. 

I am really glad to hear that it turned out great!  I have been debating between this or hiring digipix to videotape since they seem to be the most resonable.

Originally Posted by clonedtwice View Post

@vbbbtk  - I was surprised that the wedding coordinator was okay asking one of the staff members  to video tape it, since they seem to charge you for everything.  We tipped Megatron after.  

I was debating whether or not to hire a professional videographer but I thought it would be too cheesy so I stuck to the homemade video and luckily it turned out great. 

Just a question for all Past and future brides... when it comes to tipping.. do you plan on, or did you.. tip the wedding coordinator and your photographer? We chose a photographer that owns her own company, but she is still working hard ( i hope) hahah so i am confused on whether or not to tip these people, and if so.. how much should we tip? Obviously the minister and bar staff etc.. DJ and what not are no brainers... but i am a bit torn on the WC and photographer.. so any insight would be very helpful!! Thanks ladies!

With regard to the question about arrival.  It was my understanding that you had to be there 2 business days before the wedding to legally get married in Jamaica.  In other words, for a Saturday wedding, such as mine, the bride and groom would need to be in Jamaica on Wednesday at the latest.  I would then think that a Monday wedding you would need to be there Thursday (maybe even Wednesday).  Is that not right?  

Happy planning!

Courtney

http://CourtneyMara.com/Wedding

p.s. if anyone is needing a Jewish officiant, I have been in contact with Stephen Henriques: henriques@kasnet.com or davidstephenhenriques@gmail.com

Courtney, just reading your response re: timing and I realized I wasn't specific enough in my answer to Erin2100... (so thank you!)

@Erin2100 - I'm not sure where you're from, but Iberostar requests 3 days in advance, and for Canadians such as myself, we need to be in Jamaica for 24hrs (any day, not limited to M-F). Sorry if I caused any confusion!

Sarah

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

With regard to the question about arrival.  It was my understanding that you had to be there 2 business days before the wedding to legally get married in Jamaica.  In other words, for a Saturday wedding, such as mine, the bride and groom would need to be in Jamaica on Wednesday at the latest.  I would then think that a Monday wedding you would need to be there Thursday (maybe even Wednesday).  Is that not right?  

Happy planning!

Courtney

http://CourtneyMara.com/Wedding

p.s. if anyone is needing a Jewish officiant, I have been in contact with Stephen Henriques: henriques@kasnet.com or davidstephenhenriques@gmail.com

That's fine, we arrived on Sunday afternoon and got married on Wednesday. They just want to make sure you have time to meet with them AND do your rehearsal. Just make sure you don't book any all day excursions before the wedding so you can get all that done.

Originally Posted by erin2100 View Post

THanks everyone for being so helpful.  I got the docs i was looking for :)  one more quick question for now, i read that you are to be at the resort 3 full days in advance, just wondering if that is true. I was hoping to arrive on a Friday and get married on Monday...will that be sufficient time?

If they don't have any questions or issues with the final details they won't email. Don't worry, they read everything you send, they're just SWAMPED with weddings every day right now and tend to only reply to direct questions. When I arrived they reviewed every one of my requests with me in person anyway.

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

How long did it take for you ladies that sent in your final details sheet to hear back from the WC?