Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

The Grand has a free wedding package if you book 5 rooms (but it's a bare bones package with nothing included).  I haven't heard anything about the Suites having a free package.

Originally Posted by Luis N Dijah View Post

Hello to all future and past Brides, I have a question about the costs for wedding at Iberostar rose hall. I have the wedding details from Tiffany and Nicole but its hard to get in contact with them. My question is the cost of golden coast wedding is $2100  but its up to between 2 to 8 people but its say more than 8 people there will be additional fee of $18 a guest. I was told before that if we booked more than 10 rooms the wedding package will be free. Is that true?????? thanks for your help

Thank you so much for sharing. Everything looked so beautiful!

I'm in the process of finding a photographer so I will definitely have to look up Sandy.

A couple of questions too if you don't mind. I love the scattered rose petals on the aisle - did your florist provide or did you bring artificial from home? I also love the candles you have attached to the huppa. Was there a trick to keeping them lit? I keep hearing that beach ceremonies are so windy!

I think there was something else...but I'm blanking now, lol. I'll write again if I remember. :)

Thanks!

Sarah

Originally Posted by abbyroldan@yahoo.com View Post

It's been just a little bit over a year since I tied the knot at Iberostar Rose Hall in Montego Bay.  We had a blast.  Here's is my slide show link that Sandy May, my photographer put together.  She and her husband, Pata, were wonderful to work with! She was quick responding, very reliable, and trustworthy.  I received all of my pics on a CD just a few weeks later at home. 

http://www.pictage.com/photographer/slideshows/viewslideshow?autoplay=1&slideshowid=28208&slideshowkey=ooalmhqhlqbtctjb

Also, If there is anyone interested in touring the country, I would highly recommend booking tours with Ken Gracey who operates Doctorbird Tours!  He grew up in Jamaica as a boy and knew a lot of about the towns.  My small group of 20 booked several personal and private tours with him and felt very safe and trusted doing business with him.  He is so easy going and laid back!  He even drop me to my Trash the Dress site, which was a nice small secluded beach.  One great thing about Ken is how he takes pictures of you and your group during the entire trip and burns the photos on a CD for you to take home! You can search him on tripadvisor. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraver25 View Post

Does anyone know if men are allowed to wear shorts in an ala carte restaurant if you have the entire restaurant rented for your party?

Men have to wear long pants even if you rented out the restaurant.  My sister was married at an Iberostar in Mexico and my uncle came in shorts and they actually gave him pants to wear since he was not staying at the resort so he couldn't change.  Seems silly, but they are strict about that.

Thanks ErinDoc.  I emailed Nicole before I saw your response and she confirmed that they would move the chair ties for us.  Good to know!

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

JamaicaSukie - I did not bring my own chair ties, but I would guess that they could just move them into your reception.  Because of rain, they tore down the ceremony decor while moving the site of my cocktail party AND setting up the reception....so I would guess that moving the chair ties wouldn't be a problem at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbyroldan@yahoo.com View Post

It's been just a little bit over a year since I tied the knot at Iberostar Rose Hall in Montego Bay.  We had a blast.  Here's is my slide show link that Sandy May, my photographer put together.  She and her husband, Pata, were wonderful to work with! She was quick responding, very reliable, and trustworthy.  I received all of my pics on a CD just a few weeks later at home. 

http://www.pictage.com/photographer/slideshows/viewslideshow?autoplay=1&slideshowid=28208&slideshowkey=ooalmhqhlqbtctjb

Also, If there is anyone interested in touring the country, I would highly recommend booking tours with Ken Gracey who operates Doctorbird Tours!  He grew up in Jamaica as a boy and knew a lot of about the towns.  My small group of 20 booked several personal and private tours with him and felt very safe and trusted doing business with him.  He is so easy going and laid back!  He even drop me to my Trash the Dress site, which was a nice small secluded beach.  One great thing about Ken is how he takes pictures of you and your group during the entire trip and burns the photos on a CD for you to take home! You can search him on tripadvisor. 

Thanks for sharing your slide show is beautiful!  One question the hanging candles on the huppa that you had... did yo ubring them yourself or did you get them from Tai Flora?  If you got them yourself where are they from?  Thanks!

After reading the threads about communications with the WC at Iberostar (and other resorts in Jamaica) I was expecting to have to wait a while to receive a response to my inquiry. I sent an email yesterday to the general wedding email that is on the Iberostar website asking for the wedding package info and available dates for April/May 2013 and already received a response today! I don't know if future communications will be that quick, but hopefully I will be able to get my date reserved soon if I decide to go with Iberostar. I am currently leaning towards the Rose Hall Beach.

Hi Guys!  I really haven't been an active member on this forum but I used this forum to plan my wedding.  I just got married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on December 11, 2011.  It was an amazing wedding and we had such a great time.  64 of our friends and family came to celebrate with us.  Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see any pictures.  I feel since I used this forum to plan my wedding I should do the favor and give back.  Happy planning!

Marie

I would love to see pictures or if you could post a review!

Originally Posted by strelkam View Post

Hi Guys!  I really haven't been an active member on this forum but I used this forum to plan my wedding.  I just got married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on December 11, 2011.  It was an amazing wedding and we had such a great time.  64 of our friends and family came to celebrate with us.  Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see any pictures.  I feel since I used this forum to plan my wedding I should do the favor and give back.  Happy planning!

Marie

I'm not going to write a review but if anyone has any specific questions please feel free to email me.  As for pictures, here is a link to a blog that our photographers did.  It's just a few pics that captures the day.  After our wedding day there is a trash the dress session that shows you a lot of the suites.  For those that haven't been to the suites this should give you a better idea of what the inside and outside look like.  It's beautiful! :)

http://nphocusphotography.com/blognphocus/?p=2018

Enjoy!