Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I just got an email back from Nicole:

Hi Traci,

The Beach and the Suites have different wedding details/information likewise the operations of how their restaurant system works.

Me: Thanks Nicole! So just to confirm we will not be required to have a private reception if our group is over 40?

No…youâ€re not required to have a private reception if your group is over 40 people.

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie View Post

I wanted to follow up with you on whether you received additional information/responses from the resort.  I wonder if this is the new rule at the Suites as well.  Perhaps an option might be to have your reception at their beach restaurant (the open air one...I believe the beach has one...Uncle Tony's maybe?) and have the DJ and bar set up right on the beach.  I saw another bride was able to do this at the Suites.  I'm considering it myself.

OMG.  I am so excited, the wedding is in 103 days at the Grand and I have pretty much nothing done..LOL.   Some people still haven't booked and it is driving me crazy!  Three of my BM are now expecting, so they may not be going.  Its getting crazy!  But trying not to stress out.  Janielle actually contacted me to finalize details, I was so surprised!  I think that is a good sign!

After almost 3 months with no marriage certificate/word from the Suites, I emailed the coordinator to see what was up. She replied with some excuse that they were backed up at the government office and it just so happened that it went through 3 days later and I received it a few days after that. Stay on top of it by emailing your wedding coordinator... they may need a nudge/reminder! ;)

I have a question for past Iberostar brides.  My fiance is uncomfotable sending copies of our birth certificates and passports.  He is concerned about identity theft and whatnot.  How safe is it to send this paperwork to someone we've never met?  Has anyone had any negative experiences?  I could also use advice on what to say to fiance to ease his mind.

Thanks  

Originally Posted by malikmakhi View Post

I am planning the following events for my wedding day:

Ceremony 5 to 5:30 pm

Cocktail Hour 5:30 to 6:30 on the beach

Dinner Calabash 6:30 to 8:30 

My question is I would to do something after dinner with a DJ and drinks. Is it an option to do a cocktail hour at the lobby bar with a DJ after the dinner. I am thinking two hours 8:30 to 10:30. I will not have enough guest to do the private disco. Please let me know your thoughts as well as your wedding day schedule. Thanks.......

I love this idea! We have a very small group and that is the part I have wrestled with the most.  Have you heard anything or asked the WC?  I would love to hear more on the possibility of this.

Thanks

Ciecee

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie View Post

I have a question for past Iberostar brides.  My fiance is uncomfotable sending copies of our birth certificates and passports.  He is concerned about identity theft and whatnot.  How safe is it to send this paperwork to someone we've never met?  Has anyone had any negative experiences?  I could also use advice on what to say to fiance to ease his mind.

Thanks  

I've struggled with this too.  I've read through this entire post over the last 8mo and never read anything that has gone wrong, but it is nerve racking with all the identity theft......  Does sending it registered mail help protect us in anyway?

Ciecee

*sigh* you guys are lucky!! i just got an email from Silvia at the beach.. ( as i sent her my final wedding details sheet) and i have told her several times what our plan was prior to this... and she said nothing.. Now that i put on the final details that we wanted there is an issue!

So i put on there that my total number of guests is 38, however my photographer is bringing 3 people, which puts us to 41 people. I told her i wanted a SEMI private dinner, with a bonfire.  she then responded and told me that we have the numbers to rent the steakhouse, and to consider this because they cannot accomodate more than 30 people for a semi private. ( which doesnt make sense to me!!! as what do those who have more than 30 people.. but less than 40? they can't eat?!?!?!) ugh!

Anyway.. i wrote her back and stated this was not n option for us. we want the semi private dinner as stated.. along with the bonfire on the beach. renting the steakhouse and having the bonfire is NOT in our budget. and so i wrote her back and told her i wanted semi private. and if they won't let me then i stated i want to know what the other options ASIDE from renting the steakhouse.. is. 

I will keep you posted.. but this is stupid!! they have not communicated this prior! now 6 weeks before my wedding they are claiming i will be forced to rent the steakhouse..( pay ALOT extra than our usual plan) 

so frustrating!

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B View Post

I just got an email back from Nicole:

Hi Traci,

The Beach and the Suites have different wedding details/information likewise the operations of how their restaurant system works.

Me: Thanks Nicole! So just to confirm we will not be required to have a private reception if our group is over 40?

No…youâ€re not required to have a private reception if your group is over 40 people.

Originally Posted by Ceecie View Post

I've struggled with this too.  I've read through this entire post over the last 8mo and never read anything that has gone wrong, but it is nerve racking with all the identity theft......  Does sending it registered mail help protect us in anyway?

Ciecee

Yeah I gotta say I'm a little nervous about it too now that fiance put negative thoughts in my head.  We are playing with the idea of getting married stateside and then just doing the renewal in Jamaica but that just doesn't sit well with me.  I'm uncomfortable asking people to send X amount of dollars to come and watch us basically renew our vows.  Any advice anyone can give would be helpful.

Is there anyone else you can contact at the resort/Iberostar company? It sounds like you've got record of previously communicating your plans, for a handful of people you would think they would just accommodate, especially with 4 of them being your photographers who are working, not guests.

I feel like I'm increasingly hearing about challenges with dealing with this resort, especially around what they communicate as being allowed and then at the last minute changing direction. I'm certain that at the end of the day you'll have an absolutely fabulous time and a memorable day but wouldn't it be nice if the entire experience (including dealing with the resort YOU chose) was an absolutely positive one?!  Good luck girl!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

*sigh* you guys are lucky!! i just got an email from Silvia at the beach.. ( as i sent her my final wedding details sheet) and i have told her several times what our plan was prior to this... and she said nothing.. Now that i put on the final details that we wanted there is an issue!

So i put on there that my total number of guests is 38, however my photographer is bringing 3 people, which puts us to 41 people. I told her i wanted a SEMI private dinner, with a bonfire.  she then responded and told me that we have the numbers to rent the steakhouse, and to consider this because they cannot accomodate more than 30 people for a semi private. ( which doesnt make sense to me!!! as what do those who have more than 30 people.. but less than 40? they can't eat?!?!?!) ugh!

Anyway.. i wrote her back and stated this was not n option for us. we want the semi private dinner as stated.. along with the bonfire on the beach. renting the steakhouse and having the bonfire is NOT in our budget. and so i wrote her back and told her i wanted semi private. and if they won't let me then i stated i want to know what the other options ASIDE from renting the steakhouse.. is. 

I will keep you posted.. but this is stupid!! they have not communicated this prior! now 6 weeks before my wedding they are claiming i will be forced to rent the steakhouse..( pay ALOT extra than our usual plan) 

so frustrating!