Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Thank you so much for sharing!  Your photos look amaizing and congratulations!

Originally Posted by pmwoodard1978 View Post

Sorry I've been so bad about posting a review or informaiton since I've been back, but here is a link to my professional photos. I had Marcia Roberts as my photographer and she took over 1100 photos, and I narrowed them down to a smaller group to share with you guys in this Kodak album.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=313664225311%3A62527868&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=Share-_-Personal-_-shareCopyLink-_-Sharer-_-Top

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. I had a great time at Beach and the Grand was awesome for our honeymoon.

Paula

Guess what? I got my confirmation this morning!  December 3, 2012 at the Suites!  It's finally starting to feel real, lol.

We've got a wedding website started so I'm going to have building it out now.

BTW, there's an Iberostar Roll Call discussion here you can add yourself to - it's for all three of the Iberostar Jamaica hotels. It's cool in that it helps you identify who else has married on the property so you can check out their planning threads, reviews, etc. You can also find out who's getting married on/around the same date you are - it seems girls get to know each other here and then have the chance to meet each other in Jamaica! Here's the link:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/70055/iberostar-rose-hall-and-suites-roll-call/110

Good luck with getting started on planning - I'm sure we'll talk again soon!

Sarah

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie View Post

Thanks, I hope you get yours soon as well. I quite literally giggled myself to sleep last night. I can finally get on with the details like booking a photographer and finding a travel agent. WOO HOO!!

Hey ladies, I just purchased a fab deal on the wedding channel for a custom cake topper. It's only $14!! I've been looking at ones on theknot.com and they're pretty expensive for something similar. I think it's good for a few days. Check it out!!

http://deals.weddingchannel.com/deal/baltimore/crosswire-design?utm_source=i&utm_campaign=da3&utm_medium=email&blastID=243941&rcpEmail=nkiankhooy%40gmail.com

Hi everyone! 

Sorry if you are seeing this twice, I tried to post it earlier, and I got a message it was being "held for moderation"?

But.....I am getting so excited reading through this thread. My fiancee and I are meeting with the travel agent TODAY to go over choices for our Jamaican wedding.

So far we are leaning towards the Iberostar because from I what I can see, it gives our guests the options of staying at the Beach, Suites or Grand. We are really at the beginning phases, but if we choose to stay at the Suites and hold the the wedding there, Should we give our guests the option of staying at all three of the resorts? I understand the Day Pass issue, but I had read that there was some percentage requirement for guests to stay at the hotel where the wedding will be held. Is that true? 

Also, did anyone find it helpful to do a "site visit" prior to the Resort? We are looking to plan a mini vacation sometime this year, and were wondering if we should use that to head down and scope out the resort/island. 

Any other January/February brides out there? 

I've already devoured all the recaps under the Resort Reviews, is there another thread where I can find more wedding recaps? 

Thanks for any help!!!!! :) 

Melissa 

You looked beautiful!!! 

Sorry I've been so bad about posting a review or informaiton since I've been back, but here is a link to my professional photos. I had Marcia Roberts as my photographer and she took over 1100 photos, and I narrowed them down to a smaller group to share with you guys in this Kodak album.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=313664225311%3A62527868&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=Share-_-Personal-_-shareCopyLink-_-Sharer-_-Top

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. I had a great time at Beach and the Grand was awesome for our honeymoon.

Paula

Congratulations Paula - beautiful photos! Your dress and makeup were perfect! I hope it was the day it you had dreamed of. :)

I've seen Marcia's name a fair bit on this forum - I'm definitely considering hiring her...although I've lots of time yet.

Sarah

Paula

Starrysim,

The wedding was on the 6th and the pictures were sent out on the 23rd. I finally got them on the 25th so it didn't take that long, but I also had a video as well so that might be why it took a couple of weeks. I think one complaint that I had was that I didn't have many candids of guests that came out well.

Paula

Quote:

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Thanks for sharing!  We got married at the Beach 10 days after you, and we also worked with Marcia.  I'm so nervous about seeing her pics, but I can't wait!  When did you get your pics back from her?  I hope they come in time so I can frame some to give to family for Christmas.

Hi Melissa "Liss Miss",

Congrats! My fiance and I are planning to do a site visit next month! I've been before but he hasn't so I wanted us to see it together before our wedding in June. We're calling it a mini "working vacation". We're just going for a long weekend. We plan to meet the wedding coordinator and staff, check out the different venues/activities, restaurants, and ask a gazillion questions. We're also planning to shoot a video there that we're going to post on our wedding website for our guests to see so they can get excited about the trip! They do offer discounted rates if you inquire via e-mail. Make sure you get a confirmation number in writing before you book your airfare though. Best Wishes!

Paula, your pictures look beautiful!!!  That dark sky looked familiar about half way through your pictures.  It's still crazy to think that we were right down the beach from each other.  I loved the color of your flowers!!!  Your mom looked so nice too....I did recognize her in the pictures from our chats from the airport to the resort.  I'm still sorry we didn't meet!  Are you back to reality yet?

Paula

I'm happy to hear you got your confirmation. I know what you mean about it finally feeling real, after a fit of laughter I turned to FI and said "I guess we're really gonna do this huh? Didn't hit me til I read that email" lol. Thanks for the role call link, that will be my next stop.

Originally Posted by Sjay View Post

Guess what? I got my confirmation this morning!  December 3, 2012 at the Suites!  It's finally starting to feel real, lol.

We've got a wedding website started so I'm going to have building it out now.

BTW, there's an Iberostar Roll Call discussion here you can add yourself to - it's for all three of the Iberostar Jamaica hotels. It's cool in that it helps you identify who else has married on the property so you can check out their planning threads, reviews, etc. You can also find out who's getting married on/around the same date you are - it seems girls get to know each other here and then have the chance to meet each other in Jamaica! Here's the link:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/70055/iberostar-rose-hall-and-suites-roll-call/110

Good luck with getting started on planning - I'm sure we'll talk again soon!

Sarah

Great pics, you were a beautiful bride. Congratulations!

Paula