Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

On another note, for those ladies who have  a large group of people going to their wedding, I have run into a problem trying to book the 'rehearsal' dinner the night before the wedding. Initially, they tell you that you can book a dinner and it will use 1 a la carte option for your guests, but they don't tell you the guest  limit! So, my group is 60. I tried to book the rehearsal dinner at the cajun restaurant and they tell me that it's now called a semi private dinner because its more than 40 guests, so its an additional $400 USD!  OMG. I'm spending how much on the package, the flowers, the steel band, the DJ, the favours, the alcohol, and now you want $400 for a dinner that is in the contract ?! confused.gif

What!!  That is crazy.  I have 44 people (including myself and FI), and if they want to charge me for the rehearsal dinner I will freak out!  I hope this is a mistake on their part.    I feel as though they are really trying to nickel and dime everything.  I know that the contact says things are subject to change without notice so that they can change things at a whim, but it makes it impossible to budget and plan. 

On top of the fact that this is the first time I have heard this, and there have certainly been larger groups. 

I hope this works out. 

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

On another note, for those ladies who have  a large group of people going to their wedding, I have run into a problem trying to book the 'rehearsal' dinner the night before the wedding. Initially, they tell you that you can book a dinner and it will use 1 a la carte option for your guests, but they don't tell you the guest  limit! So, my group is 60. I tried to book the rehearsal dinner at the cajun restaurant and they tell me that it's now called a semi private dinner because its more than 40 guests, so its an additional $400 USD!  OMG. I'm spending how much on the package, the flowers, the steel band, the DJ, the favours, the alcohol, and now you want $400 for a dinner that is in the contract ?! confused.gif

daizyduke,

We are thinking about it now.. I mean, who do you cut out ?! People that I work with, and just have family there ? And then they all wonder where we are the night before ? That kinda sucks since we are spending the whole week down there together, that's the whole point of it!

Everything looks beautiful.  You must be so happy.

Anything future brides should be mindful of? 

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Oops, forgot to add above, our flower package included the arch centerpiece.

And here's an idea of the semi-private dinner at the Steakhouse. There was 31 of us, we had a U-shaped table set up, centerpieces from Tai Flora.

IMG_7286s.jpg

And this is our first dance at the disco.

IMG_7296s.jpg

The rehearsal dinner isn't supposed to be for your whole group, just the bridal party and parents.  I really wouldn't suggest having a dinner for your whole group the night before.  Maybe you can book a few a la carte dinner for groups - one night for friends/co-workers, one night for your side of the family, one night for his side.  We had 31 people, and we booked two group dinners - one for my side, one for his side.  We had a rehearsal dinner the night before for bridal party (and their partners) and parents.

On another note, glad to hear you've got the steel pans band!  We had them at our ceremony.  They played while guests were arriving, and they also playved the Canon in D for my entrance, and they played while we were signing, and champagne afterwards.  We had them for an hour, it worked out well.  I liked it so much more than recorded music.  We forgot to tip them though :(

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

I am currently planning my wedding for October 2012. I was planning to do a beach ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner at Calabash followed by a bonfire on the beach with a DJ. I believe I read a post where they have a beach party on Saturday nights so you are not allowed to have a bonfire. Can someone please confirm this information for me? I was looking forward to the bonfire on the beach so we could dance and have fun. I think going to the hotel beach party is not personal enough. Any suggestions or ideas?????

How about having the bonfire for your welcome party instead?  We did that, and for the night of the wedding we rented out the Disco for the private party.  Either way it ends at 10:30, but at the disco at least you can stay when it opens to the public.

Originally Posted by malikmakhi View Post

I am currently planning my wedding for October 2012. I was planning to do a beach ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner at Calabash followed by a bonfire on the beach with a DJ. I believe I read a post where they have a beach party on Saturday nights so you are not allowed to have a bonfire. Can someone please confirm this information for me? I was looking forward to the bonfire on the beach so we could dance and have fun. I think going to the hotel beach party is not personal enough. Any suggestions or ideas?????

Have you tried confirming with the WC at the resort? If you call them it's a lot easier to get a hold of them if email isn't working :) 

Originally Posted by malikmakhi View Post