Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

FYI, after complaining to the WC earlier today, I heard back from Tai Flora within 4 hours.

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

I just wrote to the WC at the Grand to complain about Tai Flora!  I've written to them several times and they still haven't responded.  I just want to get some initial prices so I can compare with an outside vendor (Godfrey Guy).  I don't know how they can require us to pay a vendor fee for the florist when their chosen florist is so unresponsive. 

We are using Godfrey Guy...our budget is really tight and my bouquet was priced at $300 with Tai Flora. With Godfrey, it was $75 I think? We are getting a bridal bouquet, bout, flower hairpiece and 3 large centerpieces for about $400-something...sorry I don't remember the exact prices...but either way it is way cheaper than Tai Flora. Hope that helps! wink.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride View Post

Hi everyone! I'm still waiting on a quote for flowers from Tai Flora (2 weeks later!). What is everyone spending on flowers if you don't mind me asking!? I'm trying to stay on as much of a budget as possible but really have no idea what is reasonable!

Yes, Nicole's studio is in Maryland, but I met her years ago through a great friend of mine....so we brought here along for the whole trip.  It was awesome!

I would highly recommend CSA.  They have a free Catamaran cruise that lasts about 2 hours and takes you out to Rick's Cafe (but doesn't let you off the boat) and then stops at some caves to swim for about 30 minutes right by Rock House.  There is definitely something to be said for being able to walk right out onto the beach at CSA.  If you are a beach goer you should totally check it out!

Originally Posted by Leah22 View Post

I really love your photos!  Did you bring your photographer with you to Jamaica?

My fiance and I are also planning on going to Negril for a few days after the wedding.  I can't decide where, but I was thinking about some place smaller like the Caves or Rock House or Tensing Pen.  I will look into CSA as well, I've heard great things about those resorts.

Hi all,

I'm a newbie - this is my first post! I'm interested in getting married at the Iberostar in late 2012 and would appreciate it if someone could share Nicole's email address, as I understand she's the WC at the Suites (my preferred property). Before I get too far along with pricing it out (or getting excited!) I need to find out what dates are available in late Nov/early Dec.

I've also read that most (all?) of you have had trouble getting a response from Nicole - is there another way to find out available dates?

Thanks for your help!

Sjay

So I finally heard back from Tai Flora but the quote didn't include some of the things I asked for... I've asked to set up a phone meeting but still haven't heard back.. hopefully it's not another 4 week wait!

Like some others have said, I just want a quote to be able to compare with other vendors! This is nuts!

So quick question and sorry if this has been asked, I can't come up with an answer when I do a search.  For everyone that is or has provided their own music for the ceremony, how long/many songs did you have before your walk down the isle when guests are all coming together, and how many after when the signing and champagne is going on?  I was thinking about 15 mins of music before and 20 after. It would be great to hear from past brides how long everyone was standing around before and after the ceremony.

Hi all,

I have about 45 weeks till my big day and I'm wondering if I should be mailing out official invites with wedding info for my guests. We have 25 guests going.  I'm hesitant to provide wedding information since it sounds like the WC seem to be changing info.  Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.  I've booked my ceremony for 4:30pm and have requested the restaurant.  I am providing OOT bags and welcome letters at the resort, so maybe I don't need to mail out anything beforehand.  What did other brides do? 

Hi clonedtwice,

You said 45 weeks, but I see your date is in January.  So you have 45 days!  Almost there!  That's very close to your wedding to send out invites, especially when you already have several people booked!  I think it's great to give additional information about the wedding, but probably unnecessary to send formal invites (unless you're trying to persuade more people to book their trips).

For me, I sent out my save the dates a little late.  I just got them out a couple of weeks ago, with about 7 months to go to the wedding.  I was planning on sending out formal invites in January and ideally I want everyone to book by March to take advantage of the group discount.  But my STD's and website and very thorough with full travel information, info about the hotels and Jamaica, and info about the wedding events (although those are not really planned and may change).  I'm starting to doubt whether I need to send out invitations, but I actually wrote on my STD's "formal invitations to follow", so I feel obligated to send them out!  Plus I think some people may be waiting for the invites to book their trip!

Good luck!

Originally Posted by clonedtwice View Post

Hi all,

I have about 45 weeks till my big day and I'm wondering if I should be mailing out official invites with wedding info for my guests. We have 25 guests going.  I'm hesitant to provide wedding information since it sounds like the WC seem to be changing info.  Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.  I've booked my ceremony for 4:30pm and have requested the restaurant.  I am providing OOT bags and welcome letters at the resort, so maybe I don't need to mail out anything beforehand.  What did other brides do?