Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

The wedding packages & costs at the resort include all taxes & fees. When you order anything from an outside vendor (including the florist) you need to check for additional fees. I would also suggest to pay cash on arrival to avoid those extra cc fees.

Just wondering, are we charged taxes on top of all the wedding fees?  I'm asking because my quote from Tai Flora has 17% tax added on top.  Plus another 4% to pay by credit card.  Then an extra 2.5% that my credit card will charge for the USD transaction.  It really adds up!  I don't want an unpleasant surprise when we check out and pay for the wedding.

Can't believe I have less than a month to go!

Awesome bags Erin! So excited for you! Have a blast!

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

http://nicolekphotography.com/2011/09/i-love-getting-fun-stuff-in-the-mail/

My photographer posted my OOT bags. Check it out!!  Only a week and a half until we leave......WOW that time flew!  I will let you all know how it goes...

Here are my general details:

Welcome party - Friday night - Lobby Terrace (use Lobby bar so we don't have to pay for open bar) - 8:00 - 10:00 with Mento band then wish lanterns on the beach

Rehearsal dinner - Saturday night - Calabash (approx 23 people) will pick off the menu

Wedding - beach ceremony at 4:30 PM (no aisle runner, only white fabric on huppa no aritifical flowers, Steel Pans band)

5:30 - 6:30 cocktail hour on the beach - Menu A & National bar - Steel Pans band

7:30 - 10:00 - private reception at Aunt Ruby - guests picked choices from the group menu & DJ

Happy planning to everyone!

Also, about the taxes and fees at the resort, all are included.  Whatever you see on the price listing, for example, $2100 for the wedding and $18 per person over 8 for the wedding and reception and then $8 per person for Menu A of appetizers for a cocktail party is exactly how the costs come out.  It was definitely pleasant to not see any "additional charges" on the bill for our festivities at the resort.

For anyone thinking of tips for the band, etc. I talked to my TA to see what they suggested and here is what we came up with:

WC - small thank you gift

Ceremony Officient - $20

Band - $10 per person in the band

DJ - $20 maybe (we'll see how good he is based on all of the great reviews I HAVEN'T read)

Thank you Erin! 

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

DeAngelis2be - I got my wish lanterns from wishlantern.com. I got the Eco friendly ones...a 10 pack for $45 with shipping. They look pretty big but I am not sure exactly how big. My plan is to do them after the welcome party on the beach but I don't know the exact plan. Here are some pics of the package of 5. So I got two of these and they look pretty easy to pack .

Hey ladies!  I don't post on here to often, but I definitely read the thread every day and love the ideas you ladies all have!  I had a question.  I am using Marcia Roberts for my photography and now I am wanting to add on videography.  Has anyone who used Marcia used her for this service or should I get it from a different place?  Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum21 View Post

4% to pay by cc?! WTF! That's crazy, they don't even pay that much in fees to MC/Visa so it's another way of making $$.

Pay by cash! Go where you get the best rate possible for currency exchange and pay them cash so you can avoid extra costs.

I know, the 4% is ridiculous.  The other payment options are cashier's check or bank transfer, and those would also cost money.  I also don't like to travel with so much cash, and with having to pay cash to the photographer and the band, plus random tipping, it's too much cash to travel with IMO.  Also, they're not located on the resort and the wedding day might be hectic to try to catch them when they're delivering the flowers, I just don't want to be stressing about it.  I might just pay credit card because it's so much less hassle.  They also ask to send copy of photo ID with the credit card payment, but I refuse to do that, so we'll see if it's a dealbreaker.

On that note, is there an ATM machine in the hotel?  I don't really want to travel with that much cash (ie paying for the florist, and any musicians we hire).  Could that be an option? 

Although it would run the risk that it runs out of cash or is out of ordre. 

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Quote:

I know, the 4% is ridiculous.  The other payment options are cashier's check or bank transfer, and those would also cost money.  I also don't like to travel with so much cash, and with having to pay cash to the photographer and the band, plus random tipping, it's too much cash to travel with IMO.  Also, they're not located on the resort and the wedding day might be hectic to try to catch them when they're delivering the flowers, I just don't want to be stressing about it.  I might just pay credit card because it's so much less hassle.  They also ask to send copy of photo ID with the credit card payment, but I refuse to do that, so we'll see if it's a dealbreaker.

Yes there is an ATM in the beach resort, for all 3 hotels. It has a max withdraw, which I believe is $200. When I was there I just kept going back and taking out more. But check with your bank because there will be a fee to use you card and of course it is one of those stand alone (kind of shady) ATM with a service fee. We did take $1000 cash for spending money, we just went for a few days, and I was extremely nervous! I am in the same boat, as to what to do for the wedding, becuase like you said that is soooo much cash to carry. angry.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, does the wedding just get added to your room bill? So whatever card you used to reserve your room, will there still be an extra charge to use it?

Originally Posted by daizyduke View Post

On that note, is there an ATM machine in the hotel?  I don't really want to travel with that much cash (ie paying for the florist, and any musicians we hire).  Could that be an option? 

Although it would run the risk that it runs out of cash or is out of ordre. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

Yes there is an ATM in the beach resort, for all 3 hotels. It has a max withdraw, which I believe is $200. When I was there I just kept going back and taking out more.

That's good to know.  The $200 limit is so low!  We'll need about $1500-2000 to take out, minimum, so that's a lot of fees and a lot of hassle too.  Tai Flora doesn't want me to mail a money order, they want bank transfer or credit card.  I'll have to find out what's the more cost-effective option.