Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Hmmm well maybe it is different for the suites than it is for the beach? I just checked my wedding package.. and what it includes.. maybe just double check with your WC to see what all it includes.. :)

Originally Posted by Tropical Love View Post

Im waiting for my travel agent to get back to me in regard to penalties for cancelling the actual ceremony and reception but still stay at the resort.

know why they can't give all the brides who previously booked that special, it would really help with the finances.If that was the case I wouldn't give a care about the $800 for "ceremony set up"  Im having 50 people and that $20 per person I was told was only for the ceremony setup. My WC never said anything about champagne or cake for my guest.

I am using the free wedding package at the grand and here are answers received from the grand (Janielle) about costs. I do plan on paying the $20 per person for the ceremony because that was on the original price list from the grand.

HI!

Got this from your wedding coordinator:

I have a few questions regarding my June 9th, 2012 wedding.

1. How big is the wedding cake included in the free wedding package? If it is small, how much would it cost for a larger cake for 50 people? We will provide a cake for all 50 persons.

2. I want to bring an outside vendor to drop off flowers. Would a vendor fee apply if they are only dropping off? As long as they come to the lobby give the flowers to me then no fee applies however they will need to set anything up at all then a cost of US$ 250 will apply.

3. What is the FREE room upgrade for the wedding couple included in the free wedding package? If we book an oceanview room, will we be upgraded to oceanfront? If we book a standard room, will we be upgraded to oceanview or oceanfront? Please note upgrades are based  upon availability. But as you said from standard to Ocean View and from Ocean View to Ocean Front.

4. The free wedding package says it includes a champagne toast. Is this only for the bride and groom? If so, how much would it be extra per person for the toast? No the Champagne Toast is for everyone at the ceremony.

5. Do you have decorations available to use for the reception for tables other than the head wedding table such as vases and candles? Also, do you have paper lanterns, LED lights and boxes for table cards or do we need to bring these items ourselves? Our local florist tai flora will provide all that for you if you need to get in touch with them let me know so I can send you contact info.

6. Since I am using the free wedding package, what would it cost for the decorating of a huppa and the decorating of the reception venue since that's not included in the free wedding package? The huppa is not a part of the package and cost US$250 and is draped in white if you need it to be decorated then the florist will provide any additional that you will need.

7. The cost for a 3 hour private reception is $1,750. How much would it be if we wanted to rent it out for an extra hour to make it 6:30 - 10:30 PM? It would be a cost of US$ 250 and the time would be form 7:00pm to 11:00pm.

8. My fiance and I were planning to do a site visit in September to see the resort and possibly visit with you if you are available. Would we have to pay the $100 to come on the property if we stay at a different resort or will you waive this fee since we are having our wedding there? Once it will be a regular site visit then sure I will have them waive the fee. Just let me know when so I can advise the relevant depts..

Im waiting for my travel agent to get back to me in regard to penalties for cancelling the actual ceremony and reception but still stay at the resort.

know why they can't give all the brides who previously booked that special, it would really help with the finances.If that was the case I wouldn't give a care about the $800 for "ceremony set up"  Im having 50 people and that $20 per person I was told was only for the ceremony setup. My WC never said anything about champagne or cake for my guest.

FYI - I am not sure how many Pennsylvania brides there are out there but in getting my documents notarized to send to the WC my TA noted that my documents didn't have the raised seal which the WC said was necessary. Apparently it has been the case for a few years in PA that the embossing seal is not necessary. My TA is handling it and spoke with the WC coordinator again. She is sending a note explaining all of this with the notarized documents. Hopefully that is acceptable but I will keep you posted in case anyone has a similar issue.

ErinDoc,

You bring up a great point.  I am working on getting our needed documents for our wedding.  Does the birth certificate need to be a certified copy that has been notorized or does a photo copy notorized work?  Same thing with the passports, did previous brides take a photocopy and have that notorized and sent in?  confused.gif   I want to make sure I get this done correctly.  I emailed the WC but have not heard anything yet

Thanks

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

FYI - I am not sure how many Pennsylvania brides there are out there but in getting my documents notarized to send to the WC my TA noted that my documents didn't have the raised seal which the WC said was necessary. Apparently it has been the case for a few years in PA that the embossing seal is not necessary. My TA is handling it and spoke with the WC coordinator again. She is sending a note explaining all of this with the notarized documents. Hopefully that is acceptable but I will keep you posted in case anyone has a similar issue.

I think the Suites is pretty much the same as the Beach resort.  Here is the language out of the package I received...

Our wedding package is for 2 to 8 people.
Groups of more than 8 people will be charged an additional fee of $18 USD per each extra guest

[iberostar Rose Hall Suites Guests]
(Incl. GCT and service charge).
Children under the age of 12 are free of charge.

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Hmmm well maybe it is different for the suites than it is for the beach? I just checked my wedding package.. and what it includes.. maybe just double check with your WC to see what all it includes.. :)

Thanks for the heads up!  I have plenty of time, but I am definitely going to check this out now so I don't run into problems next year.

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

Hi Tropical Love,

This information may help you out.  Keep in mind that this is for IRHBeach.   Have you sent your legal paperwork yet? I think this is key in determining whether you will have to pay cancellation fees.   

If you haven't submitted your legal paperwork from my understanding there are no cancelation fees.

If you cancel the date after you have submitted your legal paperwork, there is a cancellation fee of US$100.

If you cancel the wedding once already at the hotel they will charge you for the wedding package.

Hope this helps.  Everything should be outlined in the information package your WC sent you.

Suites and Beach brides...are you required to pay $20 per person to set up for the wedding ceremony when you go over 10 guests?

I'm not having any chairs for the ceremony and the Grand still wants me to spend $20 per person which is going to cost me $800 for NOTHING! She said regardless I have to pay.  WHAT THE F*CK!

Anyone know what the penalty for cancelling the wedding but still staying at the property is? Right about now with all the extra cost,...Im thinking about having my ceremony and reception elsewhere!BangHead.gif

I went for the notarized photo copy approach, and my TA (who has done a ton of Jamaica weddings) seemed to think that would work even after talking to the WC.  I will let you know asap if the don't accept my notarized copies without the raised seal.  I figure I will just bring the originals along to Jamaica just in case they have any issues.  I'm hoping that getting them in a little early (3 months early) will be enough time for me to get them acceptable copies if these don't work.

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

ErinDoc,

You bring up a great point.  I am working on getting our needed documents for our wedding.  Does the birth certificate need to be a certified copy that has been notorized or does a photo copy notorized work?  Same thing with the passports, did previous brides take a photocopy and have that notorized and sent in?  confused.gif   I want to make sure I get this done correctly.  I emailed the WC but have not heard anything yet

Thanks

Here are the measurements I have for the huppah at the suites 7'5"x7'7"x3'4" - I got this info somewhere in this thread.  Hope this helps ladies.

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

I have been trying to get dimensions for the huppa at the suites.  I have asked the WC but have not heard back yet.  It would be great if a past bride could share how much fabric they took with and if they had too much, not enough, etc!!!

Are you sure? I know they give a marriage register ("receipt") that you are married, but the certified copies take 4-8 months. I think what you get may be something saying you have been married, but its not "official." The delay are the certified copies which are needed by the Social Security Administration (SSA). You must have certified copies to change your name with the SSA.

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Just to add to my previous post also, I know ti takes a long time to get the actual license.. but the resprt we are going to gives us the option to get a certified copy of the marriage documents while you are there, so that tyou can start changing your name and doing that sort of thing as soon as you come back.. so that is what we are going to do.