Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

For the past and fairly recent brides that who were married at the Suites and had a private reception, what types of stuff were done during the reception to keep your guests entertained and occupied? For example I've been to wedding where guests play games, or the bride and groom had dancers to entertain, to a little fire show. I'm just seeking ideas to fill the 4 hour window along with the dance with our mothers, the garter toss, cake cutting and typical dancing.

Awe thank you. I know it hurt me too a lot and still does. I know everyone has financial hardships. If we could pay for all of them to attend we would, but God knows my heart.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe View Post

msncry.gif I cried when I read 0/3 sisters going. But thank God for your momma. Sorry to hear that.

Hey Tiff, I am so sorry none of your sisters are going, but thank God for you mom. Your day is going to be beautiful no matter what! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures. I am happy as long as the groom, our daughter and parents show up. I know it's going to be a wonderful day regardless.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

Hey MrsGreen..it's me Tiff. I say go for it. If your mom is offering to make your day special, then let her. It's also a special day for her too, because her baby, you are getting married! My mom is my heart too and she is walking me down the aisle. I have 3 older sisters and can you believe NOT one of them are attending my wedding?? Two of them live in the islands and one lives in NJ. I thought the one in NJ would at least attend to represent on behalf of my other 2 sisters. But as long as I have my mom, I'm happy. Yes I will be emotional on my wedding day because naturally I want my sisters there. But God will create a beautiful day for me, my husband to be along with our close family and friends. So girl live it up! Sucks re the guests that aren't attending your wedding, but you're going to be a beautiful bride either way marrying your hubby to be!

Jeanine - I am sorry to hear about your brother canceling!! I don't think that what your mom suggested is too much just make sure that it is what YOU want!! Once my FI and I booked and I booked my photographers I figured anyone else that came was a bonus. That isn't to say that I didn't want other people to come or that there haven't been a few disappointments. I am sure it will all work out for you!!!

Thanks girl! I know it will. With less people there is a lot more I can do that I wasn't going to. I am a silver lining kind of girl! How long are you staying down there again? Maybe we will see each other.

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

Jeanine - I am sorry to hear about your brother canceling!! I don't think that what your mom suggested is too much just make sure that it is what YOU want!! Once my FI and I booked and I booked my photographers I figured anyone else that came was a bonus. That isn't to say that I didn't want other people to come or that there haven't been a few disappointments. I am sure it will all work out for you!!!

Sorry you are having that fight! UGH!! I feel your pain, I started to verbally mention the other resorts but thankfully I quickly decided that if I allowed that to be an option, odds are the additional fees would end up on us (and yes like you we are paying for the whole wedding too). Hopefully no one will fins out about the other resorts, or think they are smart and try to get a deal at another resort and come just for the wedding, because truthfully that is not a smart choice on their part!

Good luck... I feel your pain girl!

Originally Posted by akamikey11 View Post

OK So for all of the future brides that have not sent out invitations....here is what happened to me in regards to the other Iberostar resorts.

1. you can have kids at the suites...that is one of the reasons why I decided on it.

2. I put in my invitation that the wedding and activities would be at the suites....being nice I added (there are three resorts at the property, you can stay at the Grand, Suites or beaches.  If you stay off property you will have to pay $100 per day per person to attend events)   BIG MISTAKE

3. if they stay at the beaches they have to pay $30/person/day to attend the wedding activities at the suites.  and my future inlaws took advantage of my misprint and argued that since I didn't mention the $30 in the invitation their guest staying at the beaches shouldn't have to pay the $30 fee.  so basically to keep the peace I am eating the cost for her 6 guests that are staying at the beaches.  (did i mention that my and FI are paying for everything ourselves...and all of my inlaws guest work for the airlines and fly for FREE so they are not even paying for airfare.....)

My suggestion...DO NOT MENTION THE OTHER RESORTS....if they find out about it themselves then they are responsible for the additional fees...just like eholt said.  This has been a serious headache recently and if I had to do it over again...I wouldn't mention the beaches or grand at all.  I am having to adjust my budget to cover this expense....agggggggg

Sorry needed to vent...:)

I'd like to know the answers to the cigar questions too.  FI wants a cigar roller for the reception and we may do that as well.  Its his job to research that part but I can share the information when he gets it.  Let me preface that by saying my wedding is next July so I dont expect any information until next May at the earliest LOL.