Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

cheesy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

This is the standard cake and not an upgrade.  I didn't bring the knife set.  Never even thought of it actually.  Im telling you, keep it simple!  The setting @ Iberostar is enough and the small details will go unnoticed.  I promised!  The do a great job with everything there.

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie View Post

Mrsdeloatch2be: We both have got to work on our controlling tendancies!!! LOL

We're almost there......

Quote:

Like (fb style)!!!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun View Post

ok, ladies..i'm almost down to 100 days and counting..O M G...the time is flying by and i have SOOOOO much to do!  i need to adopt the no problem, mon mantra NOW...cuz i'm starting to panic!  i'm trying to lose weight, finish up ALL of my DIY projects, find dresses for my daughters..finish paying off ALL of the travel for my kids AND maintain some sort of normalcy on the job when honestly, all i have on my mind is WEDDING STUFF, WEDDING PLANS, WEDDING TRAVEL, WEDDING PROJECTS...WEDDING...WEDDING..WEDDING...AND MORE WEDDING!!!

i'm reading ALL reviews...on here and on trip advisor despite the fact that i've already visited iberostar rose hall...but i'm afraid that my guests will read a bad review and it will hinder some from wanting to come...HELP!?! 

i'm driving my fiance crazy with DIY projects....and logos and monograms and photography quotes and what to do with my hair..and oh what do you think of this or that....i know he just wants to SHOW up and here i am SHOWING him EVERYTHING wedding....i'm sure he can't wait for ALL of this to be over....good grief, i need to get my mind on something OTHER than weddings!!!

undecided.gif

R~

Eholt or anyone that could advise,

I am having guests find all these amazing disounts and deals with their jobs, hook ups, time shares etc. all at other resorts but the IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL SUITES. Some can add more people to these deals for really, really low rates. I want to help my guests pay least as possible, but my greatest fear...NICOLE SAID...majority guests have to stay at the hotel property to honor your wedding and the $100 day passes...I don't want to tell everyone,"YOU HAVE TO PAY A $100 FEE TO COME TO MY WEDDING."thatswck.gif

CALM DOWN!  First and foremost, know what you can and can not control.  Your guests are the main folks you have no control over.  I had suprised and let downs in terms of the guestlist along the way and in the end, I could not have had a better group.  Those who are supposed to be there will be there.  Iberostar is amazing and if they ready ONE bad review and back out then so be it.  Youjust imagine yourself poolside and don't let that cloud your mind. 

My new role on this thread is to now encourage and push you all along the way.  YOU WILL MAKE IT TO THE WEDDING OF YOUR DREAMS!

Are your invites already out?  I only offered info on IRHS as the HOST resort and no other resorts.  I was worried about people doing that as well, but no one tried it.  My TA did price match other deals @ Iberostar but none others came up (that I know of).  I was prepared to tell people if they chose to stay elsewhere, they would be paying the $100 fee but again, I didn't have to do so.  It's so much better to have everyone at the same resort.  I hope your group comes around and chooses to enjoy the Iberostar fun!

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe View Post

Eholt or anyone that could advise,

I am having guests find all these amazing disounts and deals with their jobs, hook ups, time shares etc. all at other resorts but the IBEROSTAR ROSE HALL SUITES. Some can add more people to these deals for really, really low rates. I want to help my guests pay least as possible, but my greatest fear...NICOLE SAID...majority guests have to stay at the hotel property to honor your wedding and the $100 day passes...I don't want to tell everyone,"YOU HAVE TO PAY A $100 FEE TO COME TO MY WEDDING."thatswck.gif

Eholt,

You are awesome! Thank you so much for your reassurance, all us future brides need it! I loved your review of the suites and I saw the pictures on Rachel's page. You looked amazing. I am so bummed that she is booked for my day, so now I have to find a makeup artist.  I have less than 5 months to go and I can't wait!!!!!! cheer2.gif  

Hi girls... I'm so grateful to have this forum! Over the past few weeks, I don't know what's come over me but I'm wedding obsessed! Control freak would be an understatement and I'm still over 6 months away but I feel the need to get all the details in order now! 

Ahhh... deep breath....

LOL.. I know!!!  Soon it will be over!  Thank God.. LOL

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie View Post

Mrsdeloatch2be: We both have got to work on our controlling tendancies!!! LOL

We're almost there......

Quote:

Eholt-  Im walking down to the same song.... cheesy.gif  Good Choice!

Ladies, in Jamaica they say "no problems only situations."  My wedding was so laid back it wasn't even funny but when I tell you it was PERFECT, I mean it.  I do not remember what part of the song played at all.  I walked out to "Giving Myself" by Jennifer Hudson.  Once I locked eyes with my hubby, it was only me and him.  My guest looked like the Wii characters, floating around! LOL!  For all I know, they could have plaid a Mickey Mouse or Barney song!  Lol!

Oh and you give your CD to Nicole and she gives it to the DJ.  Just have a note of what to play when.  We had a CD with like 12 songs.  Song #1 was to walk out to.  Song #12 was to walk out to.  Jazz in the middle to play for signing of documents, during champagne toast and while we took pics.

I have a group of 14..   I forget did you do a private reception? or just the dinner?  Im concerned with doing to much for such a small group but not doing enough since its still my wedding... What are your thoughts or woulds and wouldnts since youve gone through it?

All together, included bride and groom, we had a group of 19. 

14 is a perfect group size.  We ate together all the time and we managed an excursions as a group, which we loved.  Everyone got to know each other well.  As far as dinner, the semi-private area in Calabash is more than sufficient.  I dont know if it was because we were "flying so high" that day, but we barely recognized the other people in the resteraunt.  AND on top of that, the place wasn't packed.  After dinner, we thought of going to the disco, but everyone did their own thing and me and hubby headed to the Grand.

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be View Post

LOL.. I know!!!  Soon it will be over!  Thank God.. LOL

Eholt-  Im walking down to the same song.... cheesy.gif  Good Choice!

I have a group of 14..   I forget did you do a private reception? or just the dinner?  Im concerned with doing to much for such a small group but not doing enough since its still my wedding... What are your thoughts or woulds and wouldnts since youve gone through it?

Which outside florist are you using?

Originally Posted by mizzrojo View Post

I'm going through the same frustrations!! They are horrible to get back to and sooooo expensive!  The flowers included in the package are cheap looking and not worth it!  I'm going to have them supply my arch and other items, but for my bouquet, I'm going to do my own thing.  Outside florists for a really nice bouquet are like $40 compared to $200!