Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Congrats Mrsdeloatch2be

When did you receive the packet from Nicole?

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be View Post

Super Excited!!! Just Fed Ex'd my documents to Nicole.. plane.gif36 days to go!! WOO HOO!! woot.gifwoot2.gif

Could have done without the $55 it cost to send them smile67.gifbut OH WELL!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

ladies,

Is the menu set for the reception, or do we get a choice ? (ie chicken or beef) I'm getting ready to print my invites and I don't know if I should list a dinner option on them...any thoughts ??

Yes, there are different menu options for the various restaurants.  You should've gotten this info from the WC, but PM me if you don't have it and I'll send it to you.  But I wouldn't worry about putting it in your invites - you can just get everyone's choice before you leave, or even once you get to the resort.  You never know, you might change your restaurant or their menu might change.

you can also ask swap the menu items at the different restaurants.  I did not like the dessert option for Uncle Tony's so I had them serve the desserts from the cajun restaurant. 

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Yes, there are different menu options for the various restaurants.  You should've gotten this info from the WC, but PM me if you don't have it and I'll send it to you.  But I wouldn't worry about putting it in your invites - you can just get everyone's choice before you leave, or even once you get to the resort.  You never know, you might change your restaurant or their menu might change.

The DVD is not polished production of the wedding, The videographer only has two days to edit the DVD, so there isn't much time to do a lot with it.  However, I thoroughly enjoy my dvd because it's funny, the editing is a bit cheesy and there is a lot of raw footage.  My friends and family found portions of the video very entertaining and got a few good laughs out of it.  For example during the ceremony my two year old nephew who was the ring bearer decided when he got to the middle of the aisle that he no longer wanted to participate in the wedding and decided to run away.  The videographer edited this in slow motion and it's hilarious.  He also followed us while we took our professional pics, so there are some funny bits there too.

The sound and music on the DVD is good, partially because I brought a CD with music I wanted played during the ceremony and reception which the videographer used during portions of the DVD.

I decided to get the DVD at the very last minute as something to share with family and friends who could not attend the wedding.  I'm glad I got it because it really captures the day completely.

Quote:

I'd love to hear a review as well.  Originally I didn't want a video, but who knows....  The price isn't bad

There was a wedding everyday during the week of my wedding and I didn't have a conflict with any of the brides.  I recommend letting you WC know as soon as possible what you want, so she can book it for you.

Originally Posted by akamikey11 View Post

That is a very good question about more than one bride wanting to rent out a space.  I also have to keep reminding myself that there will be brides there on Friday and Saturday, and they may have the area I want from my welcome dinner or something.  I am surprised I haven't heard anyone in the reviews talk about bumping heads with another wedding.  Any past brides willing to comment on this please do.

I really enjoyed being a beach bride. You get full use of the suite's services, spa and disco. You have full access to the suite's beach.  Uncle Tony's was wonderful the food was delicious.  I'm sure you can negotiate your way into taking pics at the suites if you want to take your pics there.  I found that once you arrive they are a lot more flexible in bending the rules.  The beach has the best "beach" location for the wedding ceremony.   At the suites you are kind of plopped in the middle of the property at the beach it's off to the side at the end of the beach's property.

I'm about to move my wedding from the Suites to the Beach.  Thankfully they have my date available at the Beach.  I just think it would be more affordable for our guests, and we won't have to worry about paying the extra $30 for everyone to move over from the Beach to the Suites for the day.  Anyway, before I pull the trigger I just wanted to see if anyone knows of any major or significant differences between the two resorts, in terms of the wedding.  Any thoughts?

Hi Leslioni:

Attached are the bouquets from Tai Flora that are included in the Iberostar Beach wedding package.  These flowers did not go with my colour scheme so I upgraded, can provide pics of my flowers if you would like to see.

Originally Posted by leslioni View Post

I am booked at the IRHB Feb.1/2012. Just wondering if anyone has recently priced out the different florists.

What are the options from Tai Flora in terms of what is included in the wedding package? Any pics??

Just wondering if it is worth looking into another florist?

tai flora bouquet2.pdf

tai flora bouquet1.pdf

tai flora bouquet3.pdf

Im confused about the documents that they want.  They want our birth certificate and pass ports ahead of time.  The passport we need to get to Jamaica.  So are we able to give copies of the birth certificate and passport??