Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Okay Rashel's my makeup artist too. Let me know what either one of them say, because I'd like to know as well. Thanks! Btw were you able to take advantage of the free ceremony at the Grand or no? I know you and a few other girls getting married there were going to try to.

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be View Post

Hi Islandgirl. My wedding isn't until Dec 2011 so I haven't started working on all the details yet. I spoke to the WC and she said she might be able to help me locate them. If not I'm going to have Rashel (my make up artist) or Brian (my photographer) help me find them. If no one can help I"m going to see if I can check them in my luggage, of course I will have to call Air Jamaica to see if I'm able to bring this item on the plane.

I am planning a Feb 2012 wedding at IRHB with about 50 people. I am probably making it hard on myself to get the initial information because I do NOT want to use Uncle Tony's because I don't want the stress of trying to host a reception with decorated tables and a dj and all that stuff that I thought I got to avoid my doing a destination wedding.

I email the WC but she keeps sending me the same information over and over again...pics of the locations and the "extra" services menu that doesn't have very much detail.

My plan at this point is this...

ceremony- I want the decor simple so I thinking I can bring some fabric for a little something extra and call it a day. I am not dong a bridal party so flowers would only be for me and if I wanted some for the arch which I think I can do without. I am curious about the chairs though....do covers cost extra or what do plain chairs look like? I really want to see what the set-up looks like with someone who didn't go with extra's...but I can't open attachments and this site works SOOOOOOO slow on my computer that I don't think I'll ever get enough posts and stuff to be able to. Do you know what the flowers or any of the "decoration" that comes with the package are?

Dinner- I really want to do the Japanese steak house. We love them and think it would be a fun dinner. I can't get a straight answer on if they can accomodate my whole party though (about 50, 60 tops people). Also, they seem to always talk about renting it to be private for $800..which I am NOT doing. I'm working with a budget and I don't care if it's private I just want to eat and be done. Maybe we'd great everyone on their way in since we probably wouldn't do a speech or anything at the restaurant.

Cocktail hour(s)- After dinner, then I'd like to do a cocktail hour or two either by the pool or on the beach. This is where we would do our thank you speech and dance. Do you know if they would they provide a cd player or ipod dock for a cocktail hour...and would they charge for that?

Then just go to the disco to dance/party

Any thoughts or things you think I should think about with this? I appreciate any feedback or information I may want to consider doing it this way. Please help :) and if anyone can reply with pictures or a link in the post vs. doing an attachment you will make my day!!!!!!

Hi Ladies-

Heres my newest update.  I finally heard back from Jodi (tai Flora) from my April 1st email.. LOL... Thankfully my centerpieces will be much cheaper than expected.  However her quote for the aisle flowers was outrageous- $300!!  I will definitely be ordering my freeze dried petals and taking them with me.

Its is now less than 60 days to the wedding and Im super excited.. Cant wait to have formal conversations with Nicole and Jodi to get the final details nailed down. 

Will keep you all posted as things start to shape up!

Carol

below are heel protectors that are supposed to allow you to be able to walk in the sand grass and other things... Im walking barefoot but Im ordering these because i want pics on the beacj in my shoes also.. They are by "sole mates"

51ZIB02gFmL._SS400_.jpg

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 View Post

That's what I was thinking about doing, but with the 3-4 inch difference my heels would make, I haven't figured out how I will do that with my dress. I've thought of getting a short reception dress to wear with heels, but haven't found any I liked that weren't sold out! wacko.gif I just have my heart set on having an awesome pair of heels! haha.

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at IRHB on June 18th.  Right around the corner!!!  Anyways, I am bringing a lot of decorations with me (40 paper lanterns, 8000 rose petals, candles, etc.)  However, I would like to travel back with as little as possible.  If anyone is getting married around the same time frame.  I am willing to sell all my stuff at a very discounted rate.  So let me know if your interested.

Brandy

I am totally interested in your stuff and sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Kecia

Originally Posted by brandyshaunta View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at IRHB on June 18th.  Right around the corner!!!  Anyways, I am bringing a lot of decorations with me (40 paper lanterns, 8000 rose petals, candles, etc.)  However, I would like to travel back with as little as possible.  If anyone is getting married around the same time frame.  I am willing to sell all my stuff at a very discounted rate.  So let me know if your interested.

Brandy

Hi! I'm trying to get some ideas for the groom attire. i've looked at some people's pictures but i'm trying to let my fiance go a little casual and not have them wear suits. We were thinking of doing khakis or linen pants with a linen shirt or some other light shirt. Can anyone give me some suggestions or send me some pictures?

Paula

Check out the thread on "Studio suits" and also do a general search of "groom attire".

Lots of pictures and options out there, you just have to dig a little. If you haven't done so yet, read this entire thread from page 1. It will most likely answer most questions you have about the hotel.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by pmwoodard1978 View Post

Hi! I'm trying to get some ideas for the groom attire. i've looked at some people's pictures but i'm trying to let my fiance go a little casual and not have them wear suits. We were thinking of doing khakis or linen pants with a linen shirt or some other light shirt. Can anyone give me some suggestions or send me some pictures?

Paula