Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Daisy!

I'm going with TWJ too!!! Thanks to Princess J!!!! Like you, I am really looking forward to it!!!! When is your wedding? Mine is Aug. 21, 2011 at the Iberostar Suites. Got ques. contact me and vice versa!!!!

Hi!

Does anyone know the procedure to having a welcome dinner at the Iberostar Suites? I couldn't find a recent post on it.  Do we tell Nicole in advance vis email and she will set it up or do we tell her when we arrive to Jamaica?  Also, does it cost extra to do a welcome dinner?  

Second ques.- For the a la carte restaurants, I wonder if I could just reserve it for my entire group or if it has to be done individually by guests.  

Thank you!!

Happy Planning!

So the new Mrs. Smith has been great answering everyones questions.  I sent her a very detailed list of questions, and since I was starting to see the same type of questions pop up to her..I am posting her response to my very long list.  Mrs. Smith again I want to thank you for taking the time to answer all of these questions and helping me and I know other brides out tremendously....

You had a Welcome party at the lobby bar.

Which day was that? Thursday when most people arrived

What time? 9 pm

How long? we left to go to margaritaville at about 12

Did you have a music? no

Appetizers?no

The open bar? yes we just used the bar located there for free

Did you pass out welcome bags? If so when? No, I had welcome letters with an itinarary but because that changed i decided not to pass them out

Then you went to Margaritaville.

Is this on the property? no you take a free shuttle it stops at all the resorts

You had your rehearsal dinner at Aunt Rubyâ€s

Which day? friday

What time?7:30

How long?we left at about 9

Did you make reservations for this restaurant when you got there on March 9th? i did this before i got there Nicole will send you paperwork to fill out

Day of wedding

What time did you have your hair appointment at the salon? no salon did hair myself

What time did you have Rashell arrive for makeup?she came early about 1 but started at 2:30 

How did the airbursh makeup hold up for the wedding?great, i forgot i had it on

Did it come off on anyoneâ€s clothes?nope

Ceremony

What time was it?5pm

I saw your CD on your planning thread, who worked the CD player for the ceremony?i used an Ipod that the DJ played

Could your guest hear the music? yup it was loud

How did the person know when to change the songs for the processional?i had a singer

Did you provide the minister with the ceremony wording or just used theirs?i used theirs

Photographer

Who did you use?Marcia Roberts

How did you like them?she was great, i can't wait to see the pics

You said your guests waited at the reception place while you took pictures how long was that?after the cocktail hr about another 40 min, i didn't know they were waiting

Videographer

Did you have one?yes

If so who?marcia roberts too she brought 2 pp with her

Did you like them?yes

Reception Dinner @ Calabash

Was this the 6:30pm seating?it was supposed to be

Did you have your guest pre select their entrees?no everyone ordered from the menu because it wasn't private

Did you do a printed menu?no

Did you do a seating chart?i did and they still used it

First Dance and Toast at Music Bar

Is this where you cut the cake and had the champagne? we had champagne after the ceremony but we cut the cake here

You said the dj was $350, on my price sheet it says $150/hr we paid the $350 for the music bar he came along with it so it the open bar

Or $450 for private reception minimum 3 hours

Disco for the after party

Did you rent out the Mango Walk for $350 or just went there at 10:30pm when it opened for the public? no we partied with everyone else

Did you do a cocktail hour after the ceremony? yup, i paid for the cocktail hr on the lobby terrace, no open bar, guests just walked over to the bar in the lobby but I did do appetizers.

What did you bring with you to decorate? I brought down blue chair sashes, and blue tulle for the huppah.  I also brought my centerpiece filler, floralytes and candles.  I rented the vases from tai flora.

I thought I would share this PM I had with PrincessJ with everyone in case you might have the same ques.  Since I am doing my ceremony off-site but will be having the cocktail and dinner 

reception at Iberostar Suites I was wondering about the flower decorations:

PrincessJ:

"For my reception I brought my own centrepieces and had the hotel set them up (bowls with artificial flowers and candles and sand). We brought our flowers back from the reception and set those up too"

Ques-I was wondering if you planned any excursions/day trips for your guests.  That's my next project.

PrincessJ:

"We planned a 1/2 day Catamaran with Dream Catamarans and it was perfect. We just booked our group when we got them and got 10% group dicsount, so I think it was $60 pp all in. It was 4 hours long and took us out on the beautiful boat with open bar and stopped once for snorkelling and then stopped at Jimmy Buffets to play on the water trampolines. I would recommend them for sure."

Originally Posted by pintsize1 View Post

Daisy!

I'm going with TWJ too!!! Thanks to Princess J!!!! Like you, I am really looking forward to it!!!! When is your wedding? Mine is Aug. 21, 2011 at the Iberostar Suites. Got ques. contact me and vice versa!!!!

My wedding is July 13th. What is your location? I have had no response at all from Iberostar since I booked in January. I got frustrated and just booked off site. I feel like we made the right decision, it's more us than a beach wedding with other people around. Almarie answers my questions so quickly, it's great!