Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

That's so exciting! We will be at the Grand 11-29-12-6 (looking to honeymoon in Negril 12-6-12-9). Maybe I'll run into you before we head out. Let me know if you have any questions about the suties I met with Nicole in November when I did a site visit. I took alot of pictures of booth the suites and grand while there. What's your e-mail address I'll send you pictures.

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 View Post

I haven't gotten that far but that is a good thing to know! If only I could control the wind.... :)

We will be staying at the Suites because we have kids, but we'll be arriving on your wedding day... ours will be on the 6th- probably on the Suites terrace. It just seems surreal to talk to someone ahead of time who will be there at the same time! Too cool! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be View Post

Hi Kimberli,

Did you choose a photographer yet? I booked Brian Nejely and he will edit your pictures and remove people and objects from the background of your pictures if needed. It's something to keep in mind if you have your heart set on a beach ceremony.

When I met with the WC at the Grand in November I made it very clear to hear that I don't want anyone on the sidelines during my wedding. It's the staff's and WC responsibility to clear out the area before your wedding begins. It's best to have your ceremony around 4-5pm because of the lighting from the sun and most people will be heading back to their rooms from the pool to get ready for dinner.

We were initially going to get married at the Azul resorts in Mexico and they offered this.  I would also like to know if this is an option since we have a lot of family that won't be there.

Originally Posted by ErinDoc View Post

Does anyone know about streaming the wedding live for those that won't be there?  I don't know enough about this as to how difficult it may be, but when we were deciding on which resort, I remember reading that some resorts had this as part of the wedding package.  I have had a few people ask me about it, but I haven't read anything about it anywhere and wasn't sure if anyone else had done it or checked into it.  For me this would be mainly for my grandmother and close family that can't make it.

I'm all for getting our guests excited, however, many of them think the Suites is very expensive. We live in NY and majority of our guests are flying from NY. Right now rates @ the Suites I see are $373 per night. I just did a general online search for air & room and it's about $1,010 pp for 5 days/4nights. In a way I'm starting to wonder if we should've picked a less "luxurious" hotel and went to a resort that's practical for all. My fiance feels differently. He said we can't please everyone, which I understand, but I don't want to hear people bickering either. I'm just going to pray about it and hope everything works out in the end.  After all this is supposed to be a happy time in our lives.

Hi Island Girl,

We announced at our engagement party in August 2010 that we were doing a destination wedding to give all of guests and bridal party more than enough time to book. Both my fiance and I are in sales so we've been informing (selling) our guests about the hotel and airline rates, I could prob do this for a living and it's only been a couple of months lol. I'm extremly suprised that I have guests and flights booked before my STD even went out. Some of our guests said that they will be using their tax return to purchase their flight.

You need to get your guests excited about their vacation and how much fun they're going to have with all your closet family and friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

I am so jealous that a few of you brides who are getting married a few months after our Sept wedding already have some guests booked. How'd you do it? Up until now not one guest has booked a room for our wedding. Granted we gave them the option of booking through our TA or booking on their own. A part of me feels like many of them are waiting for their tax return before make a move. My fiance and I are going to be booking our room at the of this month, as our TA told us we had more than enough time. But still it'd be exciting to see at least a few people book, ya know?

I know how you feel Islandgirl.  I am in the same situation.  Many of our family think it's too expensive and my fiance feels the same way yours does.  I eventually ahd to get my head around the fact that our immediate friends and family will be there no matter what and that is what realy matters. We decided we really wanted a nice wedding, and that you only do it once.  I really think I'd feel worse if we went to a cheaper resort and people were complaining about this or that, food, service etc. At least the people that decide to go will be happy and have a great vacation! We just have to hope that some of the hesitant guests will jump on board once the others have booked and they see how nice the resort is.  I am flying from Canada so it is quite pricey as well. Don't let others get you down, it's your day and you'll want it to be extra special!

Quote:

I'm all for getting our guests excited, however, many of them think the Suites is very expensive. We live in NY and majority of our guests are flying from NY. Right now rates @ the Suites I see are $373 per night. I just did a general online search for air & room and it's about $1,010 pp for 5 days/4nights. In a way I'm starting to wonder if we should've picked a less "luxurious" hotel and went to a resort that's practical for all. My fiance feels differently. He said we can't please everyone, which I understand, but I don't want to hear people bickering either. I'm just going to pray about it and hope everything works out in the end.  After all this is supposed to be a happy time in our lives.

Hi Island Girl,

We announced at our engagement party in August 2010 that we were doing a destination wedding to give all of guests and bridal party more than enough time to book. Both my fiance and I are in sales so we've been informing (selling) our guests about the hotel and airline rates, I could prob do this for a living and it's only been a couple of months lol. I'm extremly suprised that I have guests and flights booked before my STD even went out. Some of our guests said that they will be using their tax return to purchase their flight.

You need to get your guests excited about their vacation and how much fun they're going to have with all your closet family and friends.

Quote:

I am so jealous that a few of you brides who are getting married a few months after our Sept wedding already have some guests booked. How'd you do it? Up until now not one guest has booked a room for our wedding. Granted we gave them the option of booking through our TA or booking on their own. A part of me feels like many of them are waiting for their tax return before make a move. My fiance and I are going to be booking our room at the of this month, as our TA told us we had more than enough time. But still it'd be exciting to see at least a few people book, ya know?

Islandgirl910 you have been reading my mind with that statement. Our wedding is on 9.10.11 and we only have 6 people booked and my TA says that prices are going up. I sent save the dates out 11 months in advance. I knew going into this that everyone would not be able to make it, but I was hoping for at least 15-25 people. I have started thinking about an AHR so we can celebrate with everyone who didnt make it. However an AHR is a couple more thousand dollars.  I'm trying not to stress out about it and just get people excited!

Quote:

Hi Island Girl,

Quote:

Ladies, try not to worry too much.  People do things last minute.  If they are meant to be there, they will be there.  My wedding is May 19; 4 months away and we have 14 people booked.  I am expecting around 25 but who knows what the others are waiting for.  I thought getting a TA that offered a payment plan would work for everyone but ohwell.  If they show, they show.  If they don't, both FI and I are fine as long as our parents are there.  Nothing else really matters.