Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

MsSmithtobe - those are GREAT questions!!  Hopefully you will get some replies on here b/c I am sure other people have the same questions or could, at least, benefit from hearing the answer!  I'm awaiting my November 2011 wedding, so unfortunately I won't be of any help in answering.  I do think I remember someone saying on this forum that they did multiple flavors for the cake.

Hi!  I recently got married at the Grand so my info might be a little different but I figured it might be of some help so I might as well weigh in:)  Hopefully it helps some!

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe View Post

Hello everyone,  so Nicole is gonna hate me.  I have a list of questions I need to ask her, a page long.  I figured I would try you guys first, try to eliminate some of these.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Rehearsal Dinner

I would like to have a rehearsal dinner at Aunt Rubyâ€s on Friday 3/11 at 7:30pm.  It does not have to be private, we would just like to sit together.  There will be no additional cost for this right?

Ceremony

5PM beachside

Is there actually a rehearsal?  We did have an actual rehearsal the day before at the same time.  We just walked over from the pool in our bikinis.

What is the ceremony script?  We met with the officiant a couple days prior and went over it.  We already had programs, though, so I wanted it to match that.  It basically went: Introduction, Reading, Vows, Exchange of Rings, Sand Ceremony

Where does the bride enter from if it is beachside?

Where is the back-up location in case of rain?

Is there proper equipment for my ceremony singer to plug in his keyboard and amplifier?  They had speakers right on the beach for other weddings I saw (we had a band).

Cocktail Hour

6PM Lobby Terrace

Is the terrace large enough to hold 55pp for the cocktail hr?  The one at the Grand can hold TONS of people and I think the one at the Suties was the same set-up and size.

How much is the saxophone player?

Can the bar in the lobby be used?  We had a "Welcome Cocktail Hour" a few days before the wedding.  We used the lobby bar for drinks but they still set-up high-boy tables for us outside.  There were even some waitresses who came around taking drink orders and we didn't pay for this, either.

Reception

7:30PM Calabash

Is the restaurant large enough for 55 seated and dancing?

DJ $450 Can he use an Ipod?

Can we use our own MC?

Where do I change into my reception dress?

Will all the decorations I bring down be set up for me?  I brought TONS of decorations and they set them all up for me.

Can the cake be 3 different flavors? A flavor for each tier? 

Checkout

We have to check out really early Sunday morning, when do we settle the bill?  We paid ours at checkout but asked for a copy the day before so we could review it.

Marriage License

When do we receive our marriage license?  They said it takes 4-6 weeks as I recall.  Ours was December 4th and we haven't received anything yet.

And I was just married at the Beach resort, so mine might be different too but I'll answer to what I did.

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe View Post

Hello everyone,  so Nicole is gonna hate me.  I have a list of questions I need to ask her, a page long.  I figured I would try you guys first, try to eliminate some of these.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Rehearsal Dinner

I would like to have a rehearsal dinner at Aunt Rubyâ€s on Friday 3/11 at 7:30pm.  It does not have to be private, we would just like to sit together.  There will be no additional cost for this right? We had our rehearsal dinner at one of the restaurants, not private, just sat together and it did not cost us anything.

Ceremony

5PM beachside

Is there actually a rehearsal? Yes, we went through a real rehearsal with walking etc in the ceremony location.

What is the ceremony script? I sent my own script (that I pieced together from samples on BDW) to the WC a few weeks before we arrived. The reverand loved it and asked if he could use parts for future ceremonys. I said of course!

Where does the bride enter from if it is beachside? We were around a corner on a pathway nearby, then walked down stairs to the beach. The groom could not see me until I walked onto the beach. The whole area was blocked off to guests and the WC would not let anyone walk behind the alter during the ceremony.

Where is the back-up location in case of rain? The lobby. I saw one Suites bride was married by the staircase due to rain. They're pretty felxible though, if you see somewhere you like you can probably get it.

Is there proper equipment for my ceremony singer to plug in his keyboard and amplifier? Yes.

Cocktail Hour

6PM Lobby Terrace

Is the terrace large enough to hold 55pp for the cocktail hr? Definetly.

How much is the saxophone player?

Can the bar in the lobby be used? Your guests will have to walk to the bar themselves, but yes. The waitress might even come out and offer drinks anyways and I'm sure if you slip her a tip, she will wait on you guys.

Reception

7:30PM Calabash

Is the restaurant large enough for 55 seated and dancing?

DJ $450 Can he use an Ipod?

Can we use our own MC?

Where do I change into my reception dress? I had to change into my 'first dance' dress and was told there wasn't really anywhere to use except the restaurant washroom (ew). I ended up using one of my guests rooms that was closest to the reception site.

Will all the decorations I bring down be set up for me? I also brought a TON of decorations and they did it all at no cost. Just make sure you give clear written instructions and diagrams.

Can the cake be 3 different flavors? A flavor for each tier?

Checkout

We have to check out really early Sunday morning, when do we settle the bill?

Marriage License

When do we receive our marriage license? 4-6 weeks, but they give you a temporary draft/reciept. I used that to get the honeymoon special at the Secrets resort.

In order to visit a resort that is higher up you have to pay for a day pass. Anyone staying at the Suites can go to the beach for no additional charge but for someone from the Beach to go to the Suites they will have to pay for a day or night pass. If you can stay at the Grand you have access to go to the Suites and Beach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Do you guys know if the Beach and Suites share the beach?  If we have guests at both resorts, we can easily sit together on the beach, right?  How long of a walk is it from one resort to another?  

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Do you guys know if the Beach and Suites share the beach?  If we have guests at both resorts, we can easily sit together on the beach, right?  How long of a walk is it from one resort to another?  

We had no problem going to the Suite's or the Grand's beach and we all stayed at the Beach resort. The issue is that Beach guests can't get drinks at Suite's resort, so your Suite's guests would have to go to the bar and get your guests their drinks. Some of my guests made friends with people staying at the suites and they did this while there.

Can any past IBRHS brides answer this question for me please. Right now we're in the stage where we just sent out our STDs and right now guests are viewing our website. Some of them are complaining about the price of the rooms at the hotel. I admit I realize the hotel rooms are very pricey. I just saw they're about $323 per night. Combine that with a flight and it comes out to about $1,000 for 5 days.

My question is, in the wedding contract, the hotel states that 90% of the guest have to stay at the resort, in order for us to obtain a private reception. Is this really true?

I'd like our guests to have the flexibility of staying at another hotel, paying the $100 day pass for the wedding and just not feel so restricted if anything. We do want a private reception, don't get me wrong, but I just want to know if this rule is set in stone?

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks!