Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Breeze616,

Chivari chairs were $6 a pop at taiflora, I just had to spedge but later on i thought the regular chairs that they used at the steakhouse  would be perfect if you don't want covers. Here is the picture of the chairs i am talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45411780@N04/4170248900/in/set-72157622838775003/ 

Just ask Nicole, i am sure you can use them if you don't want to use the chair covers.

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post

Glad to see you back and feeling better!! Your photos are gorgeous, great job on all the details! Im super jelly of your chivari chairs. wink.gif

I think you answered your own question! They are both beautiful, with nicer rooms at the suites and more restaurant selection (because you can eat at the beach's restaurants) but the suites is more pricey than the beach. I myself chose the Beach simply for the cost to my guests. Either way you'll be happy!!

Welcome back and what a beautiful wedding.  Love your OOT bags, we used the same ones!  Glad you are finally able to catch your breath, hope you are recovered and doing well from surgery.

Originally Posted by lmuze View Post

Ladies, i am sorry about my review being late, i have posted it plus the link to see my pictures. I know it's super late but it was crazy right after the wedding, first i got sick right after coming back, then 12 days later ,i had surgery and i had barely recovered when i had to go overseas for 4 months, i am just now catching my breath. I am back so please ask any questions and I'll be glad to answer you.

Thanks girl it did help. Your reasons why you chose to use a TA are the same reasons we'd want to use one as well. The hotel tried to lure us in by saying they can give us comp rooms if booked directly through them, but at the end of the day it has to be a feasible booking for us and our guests. Payment plans are definitely a must.

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be View Post

The rates with the travel agent were a bit cheaper.  The main reason I decided to use the travel agent is the ease pf the payment plan for my guests... All they had to do was put down a deposit of $100 per room by October 15th to secure the discounted rates and they do not need to make any additional payments until after the holidays which was my major concern.  Alot of my guesst have budget concerns and making a large lump sum payment is not in the cards for most of them.  All of my guests have "ocean view" suites at booking and Im not sure of any room upgrades other than the standard upgrade that comes with the package.

Hope this helps...  Let me know if you need anything else

Hi Imuze, you mentioned dancing, is there a dance floor at the steak house or did your guests have to dance elsewhere?

eholt,

Thank you so much for the compliments.

I did pay extra for my bouquet because I ended up not using flowerstudio (who the resort work with) because it was just impossible to work with the lady assigned to me, she wouldn't listen to what i wanted and keep suggesting something else claiming my burnt orange roses and cala lilies are imported so they were expensive and after insisting that's what i wanted the price to upgrade to the flowers i wanted was more than me getting a bouquet from taiflora, so i ended up using taiflora for all my flowers and chivari chairs ($6 per chair).

We had our ceremony at 5pm and it was nice and breezy (may be a little too breezy, i was scared my veil was going to fly off),  I would say it was about 70 - 72 degrees at the time and afterwards at the steakhouse, the weather was just perfect. It wasn't too hot. The only people who were sweating were those who were dancing the night away. The weather should be perfect in May.

Quote:

I would love your mint green and aqua lanterns. Just to be sure of the aqua color though (my colors are going to be sky blue) but aqua may be considered, can you send me a pic or post a pic? Would also be interested in the LED lights.

Originally Posted by maura777 View Post

Hi everyone,

I am getting married at Iberostar Grand on 12-4-10 (soon...woohoo!).  I have bought a TON of decorations, etc. that I am taking down with me and I would love to not bring it back so I was wondering if anyone who is getting married at Iberostar after me might be interested in buying it all.  It would save you a lot of time in research, and money since you don't have to buy it at full price or pay shipping on anything.  And you wouldn't have to bring it all down with you! 

I have the following items:

• 32 paper lanterns in 6 different colors (a mint green, aqua, turquoise, blue, lavender and lilac) along with the LED lights.
  • 36 floating votive candles and holders (the candles will be burned but their burn time is more than twice what my wedding length will be)
  • Sea glass in various shades of blues, whites, clear and aqua (for decorating the tables)
  • 2 sets of net lights, which I will use to wrap around poles a the entrance to the reception location
  • 50 yards of tulle, which I am using to wrap around poles or to separate rooms (exact use TBD)
  • 50 starfish to be used for table seating cards (tying ribbon around them and attaching seating card).
  • 10 turquoise crinkle taffeta table overlays (for over the white table cloths)

Hm, I think that is it.  Please let me know if anyone is interested in any, or all, of the above and I can just leave it at Iberostar!

Maura

Imuze welcome back! I thought it was totally odd after we didn't hear from you for so long as you were so helpful and got back so quickly.

Glad you are feeling better and your wedding was beautiful! Everything looked wonderful

I am still debating on wether to use Aunts Ruby's or  the indoor reception. Not really cause i car about my guest but because I sweat like a pig LOL

Thank you so much for this info, this was a huge issue for me too. At first I was thinking about just leaving it up to my guest to schedule their travel arrangements but after doing more homework it seems better to hook up with a travel agent to keep things more organizes. Can you tell me what company you are going through? Thanks!

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be View Post

The rates with the travel agent were a bit cheaper.  The main reason I decided to use the travel agent is the ease pf the payment plan for my guests... All they had to do was put down a deposit of $100 per room by October 15th to secure the discounted rates and they do not need to make any additional payments until after the holidays which was my major concern.  Alot of my guesst have budget concerns and making a large lump sum payment is not in the cards for most of them.  All of my guests have "ocean view" suites at booking and Im not sure of any room upgrades other than the standard upgrade that comes with the package.

Hope this helps...  Let me know if you need anything else

Thanks for letting me know how much they were. I knew they'd be costly. I also already knew about the nice 'wicker' chairs at the steakhouse (I'm getting married at the 'beach' resort but they have the same chairs at their steak house) and I do plan on using them, thought the low back them might be an issue with my chair swags... we'll see!!

Breeze616,

Chivari chairs were $6 a pop at taiflora, I just had to spedge but later on i thought the regular chairs that they used at the steakhouse  would be perfect if you don't want covers. Here is the picture of the chairs i am talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45411780@N04/4170248900/in/set-72157622838775003/

Just ask Nicole, i am sure you can use them if you don't want to use the chair covers.