Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Hi Camilla,

Glad I could help! Here are the answers to your questions:

1. We were able to choose from all 3, as long as we let Nicole know who was having what before the day of the wedding. I gave her a list of names, what tables they were at, and what they were eating. There were no place cards, but the servers just asked who ordered what and they were given their proper meals.

2. The DJ just used our cd at our request. We had our cocktail reception on the beach with drinks and nibblies. The DJ probably would have kept on playing music the whole hour, but we asked him to stop it (actually my hubby gave him a sign and he just seemed to know to turn it off). We had a guest that we had asked to make a toast so we wanted the music off so people could hear her. There was no extra cost for this.

3. The disco was a bit big for 37 people. The dance floor felt a bit empty at times even though at least 1/3 of my guests were on it at all times. The dance floor is sunken which is nice for the 1st dance because people can stand around you and take pics. Most of my guests sat at the stools and tables around the edge of the dance floor while we danced. If you are having the restaurant private all night, you can have the dj set up in there and do your dancing there. It would be more intimate, but more expensive to privatize the restaurant. The disco cost $350 for 2 hours and the restaurant cost $800 to make it private from 6:30-10:30.

Happy planning and I am more than happy to answer any future questions!

Jenn

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

Thanks Jenn, your review was great and so helpful! at the moment I have the exact same amount of guests as you. And I am choosing Calabash for reception dinner and Mediterranean for rehearsal dinner. I can't wait to see your pics! I have a couple of questions:

1. Regarding the reception dinner, on the menu it says you can only have one or maybe two entree, was it a problem having all three and did you have to pay extra for this?

2. For your cocktail reception was the DJ continuing to play music after the ceremony? and if yes did you have to pay extra for this? did you remain on the beach for cocktail hour or move to other location?

3. What is the size of the disco, did it feel nice and intimate with the amount of guests or was the space too big?

Thanks a mil, Camilla

There was definitely room for dancing at the Calabash. Originally we were not going to privatize the restaurant because my parents insisted on having the disco for dancing as we are all avid dancers, and wouldn't have needed the restaurant that long. It was only after that my parents decided to make the restaurant private, but since we only needed our seating private, not the whole night, we worked out a deal with Nicole to have it from 6:30-8:00 for $400. At 8:00, other people started coming in for the next seating. Hope that makes sense!

Jenn

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe View Post

Your wedding sounds beautiful Jenn, I'm excited to see the Calabash, was there not room for dancing in there?  Is that y u moved?

Jenn thanks for the heads up :)

I've spoken to Nicole about setting up a dance floor on the beach and the cost for that is $400.  I'm also doing a dove release which is $300.  I have her looking into lounge furniture for the beach I'll let you all know the cost as soon as I know.

So much to do and I don't know where to start lol.

Thanx for your wonderful review Jenn! Cant wait to see pics - especially of the flowers!

Just have one question for you. Did you feel pressed for time at all? (Since the dinner was 2 hrs and then moving to the disco for 2 hrs) - or did this feel like enough time for everything. I want to do a similar idea but concerned dinner will run late which will get pressed into the dancing time (and not leaving enough time for dancing). Any feedback would be great, thanx!! 

Originally Posted by Jamaica Jenn View Post

Hey all,

I finally posted my review. I will post the link here. I hope you enjoy, and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. I will post pictures soon!

Jenn

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/iberostar-rose-hall-suites-all-inclusive-montego-bay-jamaica/reviews#3973

Thank you so much for your post. All the reviews are so helpful, especially for someone like me who will not see the resort until we go for our wedding. I am so happy things went well for your special day. Congrats! Can't wait to see pics

Hey all,

I finally posted my review. I will post the link here. I hope you enjoy, and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. I will post pictures soon!

Jenn

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/iberostar-rose-hall-suites-all-inclusive-montego-bay-jamaica/reviews#3973

Great Review Jenn!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited.... I dont know how Im going to make it til June 2011 without bursting at the seams.. LOL

Hey all,

Jenn

Yay! I'm excited, i wasn't a fan of the open air restaurant, thought it would be too hot.  But I have 60 guests and I was worried Calabash would be too small for dinner and dancing.  Sounds like it may work.

There was definitely room for dancing at the Calabash. Originally we were not going to privatize the restaurant because my parents insisted on having the disco for dancing as we are all avid dancers, and wouldn't have needed the restaurant that long. It was only after that my parents decided to make the restaurant private, but since we only needed our seating private, not the whole night, we worked out a deal with Nicole to have it from 6:30-8:00 for $400. At 8:00, other people started coming in for the next seating. Hope that makes sense!

Jenn