Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by delgadot View Post

Hello everyone I have been on this site reading through this wonderful forum and getting so much information from everyone. I have a question and I am hoping someone will be able to answer me...If you hire an outside DJ for the reception do you still have to pay the $450 price for the resort DJ or can you just pay the $125 day pass fee?

I am asking because I think I read that a bride had a friend DJ and she still had to pay the $450 for the resort DJ....

I dont think you would have to pay the resort DJ if you aren't using him. I think NegrilB used the eqiupment and her own DJ so I would ask her. Go to her wedding review in the 'old' wedding reviews section and post the question to her. She's very responsive.

I've seen a lot of posts about booking costs and timing, etc, so I wanted to weigh in on what we did, which seems to be working so far (fingers crossed that it keeps working!). 

We worked with a travel agent about 6 months prior to the wedding and got a group rate through her.  We DID have to put down a deposit for a certain number of people, but there was no penalty if we went over that so we booked at the very low end of how many people we thought would come.  We actually asked a lot of our friends and family if they thought they would make it so we had some vague idea of what the numbers would be.  Now the money we put down as our deposit ($50 pp, as opposed to other Travel Agents we had talked to who wanted $100-$150 pp) just goes towards our hotel stay.

We didn't do anything with the flights because we have people coming from 10+ different airports and it would have been too difficult to organize that.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I have been away from the thread for a little while but also wanted to comment on prices + booking! We have been in a scramble with travel agents since Sept 1st and finally received our final price.

We are flying out of Vancouver (YVR) - connection to Toronto - then Montego Bay. We are also flying through Air Canada. We are staying the Suites and were orginally quoted astronomical prices through Air Canada Vacations and Flight Center. But finally now, Sears Travel has been a huge reflief. We are paying $2100 for 7 days. Our first deposit of $200 is due Oct 11th and final payment due Oct 31st in order to receive this early booking promo. Otherwise we have to pay an extra $400 higher without the early booking discount.

I thought this price was really high because I contacted Air Canada vacations in April 2010 and were quoted $1700 for the suites leaving from Vancouver but now it seems prices have gone up. My travel agent doesnt think prices will go any less but said if they do they will provide an adjustment. Fingers crossed many of our guests will still be able to come now with the high prices. Ekkk! 

However, if anyone else is going in April - staying at the suites - leaving from Vancouver AND is getting a cheaper deal! Please let me know! haha. 

Take Care. 

I also wanted to make a small comment about flights - we had a huge issue because sunquest and westjet do not not have enough seats avaliable during our dates - that is why we are flying through air canada. I believe sunquest only has 6 seats open and westjet was similar. So if you are flying in April I would book soon as I know its a very busy season for weddings!

I am now starting to regret March as my wedding date, seeing all the great prices you guys are getting.  I am paying $1300 for a standard room and flight for 4 days from ATL!  You would think it would be cheaper, because I'm closer than Canada.  But that's what I get for booking in the high season.

Thank you. NegrilB's review is where I saw that she used her own DJ and had to still pay the DJ fee. I am hoping that she had to pay because her DJ needed to use the resort's equipment. The DJ I hired has his own equipment so hopefully I would only have to pay the day pass fee...but thanks again for responding.

Thanks for sharing your pricing info. We are looking into flights leaving Wed April 27 or Thurs 28th in order to have our wedding Sunday May 1st, so I'm hoping for a good rate, but also do not want the seats to be sold out. I'm expecting quotes from about 3 different travel agents. I really like what Sears is doing for you by offering to provide an adjustment if the prices should fall. I'm going to ask my travel agents about that too.

Originally Posted by Jules23 View Post

Hi Everyone,

I have been away from the thread for a little while but also wanted to comment on prices + booking! We have been in a scramble with travel agents since Sept 1st and finally received our final price.

We are flying out of Vancouver (YVR) - connection to Toronto - then Montego Bay. We are also flying through Air Canada. We are staying the Suites and were orginally quoted astronomical prices through Air Canada Vacations and Flight Center. But finally now, Sears Travel has been a huge reflief. We are paying $2100 for 7 days. Our first deposit of $200 is due Oct 11th and final payment due Oct 31st in order to receive this early booking promo. Otherwise we have to pay an extra $400 higher without the early booking discount.

I thought this price was really high because I contacted Air Canada vacations in April 2010 and were quoted $1700 for the suites leaving from Vancouver but now it seems prices have gone up. My travel agent doesnt think prices will go any less but said if they do they will provide an adjustment. Fingers crossed many of our guests will still be able to come now with the high prices. Ekkk! 

However, if anyone else is going in April - staying at the suites - leaving from Vancouver AND is getting a cheaper deal! Please let me know! haha. 

Take Care. 

Hey Mssmithtobe,

Don't worry about it! 1300 is still an amazing rate. The hotel is beautiful and your guests won't regret it!!

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe View Post

I am now starting to regret March as my wedding date, seeing all the great prices you guys are getting.  I am paying $1300 for a standard room and flight for 4 days from ATL!  You would think it would be cheaper, because I'm closer than Canada.  But that's what I get for booking in the high season.

Thanks Jamaica Jenn!

I wasn't feeling any pressure unitl i started making a list then i said "OMG" lol

I know that most details won't be worked out until at least the month before but everytime i look at planning threads on here i feel a little ill lol.

Originally Posted by Jamaica Jenn View Post

Hey there,

I wouldn't worry too much about what you haven't done. At this stage, the main thing is to make sure you get your dress, as most dress places take anywhere from 4-8 months to get your dress in. Other than that, start looking at mens beach wedding attire - depending on where you live (if it is Manitoba), the stores might not have beach wedding attire like linen and such in until the summer. You might have to order online so it would be worth looking into at this point. At the 6 month mark, I had bought my dress, booked the resort and the group rate, sent out invites (to give guests enough time to book vacation and save money), thought about and started buying guest favours (OOT bag stuff) since I wanted to spread out my expenses so that they didn't all accumulate at once. I had also discussed with my FI some of the smaller details such as where we wanted to hold the ceremony, the rings, and talked about the music. When you choose a destination wedding, most of the details don't get worked out until about 1 month out - part of the reason why we choose to do it this way! Take care of the major things like dress and invitations, and the rest will fall into place. I leave in 12 days and my wedding is in 17 days and I am all set to go!! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Jenn