Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by daifje View Post

Aunt Ruby's is nice however it was really hot.  We were counting on the great ocean breeze to keep us cool but there was very little breeze.  Given that there was no AC we were hot.  Everyone was pretty drunk  so no one made a big deal about it.  It all depends on the weather that night!

Michael Saab is great!!

Not 100% sure for the 'Suites' but for the 'Beach' they only charge the guest day pass fee like $75 which is great! I assume they have the same policy.

Originally Posted by mrobertson988 View Post

I've also tried to contact Nicole and haven't had any luck.  Does anyone know if IRHS charges a fee for hiring an outside photographer?

Originally Posted by Princess J View Post

Not 100% sure for the 'Suites' but for the 'Beach' they only charge the guest day pass fee like $75 which is great! I assume they have the same policy.

Hey Princess, Do you know if they charge the day pass fee for your florist? Mine will drop of the bouquets earlier and come back and set up the reception centrepieces...

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post

Hey Princess, Do you know if they charge the day pass fee for your florist? Mine will drop of the bouquets earlier and come back and set up the reception centrepieces...

Nevermind - I asked Lisa and she said that her florist did not have to buy a day pass. She also said her florist was in contact with her WC during the planning process and that might have helped. Just posting this info for other brides who may be wondering :)

Not to get off track but I have a question regarding the beach ceremony.  

I'm super short 4'11" and my FI is 6'3", whenever we have an event I wear 4" heels and call it a day lol.  We dream of getting married on the beach but I'm wondering if I can wear actual heels on the runner and or if I sound crazy to ask the resort for a platform on my side lol.  

Any suggestions/ideas?

Originally Posted by Princess J View Post

Breeze you are getting married at the Beach right? How quickly are you getting replies? I am speaking with 'Elizabeth Miranda' and she has been taking weeks.

Do you know the size of the tables? I am making my own table runners but have no idea how big to make them??

Hey Princess,

Ya, they actually dont have a wedding coordinator right now! I have spoken with 'Tamika' and she hasn't been very helpful. I am slightly freaking out because I saw on trip advisor there was a bride who got married there in June and said she had a horrible wedding - I sent her a message to get more deets so I'll let you know once I hear from her.

I have a friend who is getting married there in like two weeks - she said she had to call repeatedly for over a week to get her 'final package' and she JUST got it like 3 weeks before her date. In the package it specifically says they need all the info for the marriage license atleast one month before the date or it might not be ready for your ceremony! She is not impressed. She's having a huge wedding there with about 100 ppl, you'd think they'd be more on the ball! I'm praying everything goes well for her - she leaves in about a week. I will let you know her report once she returns.

I am hoping that they get a wedding coordinator soon! I know that resorts typically have a skeletal staff in the summer since the high season is the winter, but I also know they've been having labor issues there. I think its just a temporary issue really. There are still alot of positive reviews going up on Trip Advisor. I too need the measurements for the tables and about a cajillion other things. I'll definetly be monitoring the situation as I'm only 3+ months away from my wedding. I'll keep ya posted an you do the same please :)

Originally Posted by Tina5978 View Post

Not to get off track but I have a question regarding the beach ceremony.  

I'm super short 4'11" and my FI is 6'3", whenever we have an event I wear 4" heels and call it a day lol.  We dream of getting married on the beach but I'm wondering if I can wear actual heels on the runner and or if I sound crazy to ask the resort for a platform on my side lol.  

Any suggestions/ideas?

Why not wear wedges? The heels wont sink and you'll still get height. Thats what I'm doing.

Breeze616,

Can you let mek now how your friend's wedding goes there. I'm not getting married there until next Nov, but I am trying to get all the info I can.

Thanks

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post

Hey Princess,

Ya, they actually dont have a wedding coordinator right now! I have spoken with 'Tamika' and she hasn't been very helpful. I am slightly freaking out because I saw on trip advisor there was a bride who got married there in June and said she had a horrible wedding - I sent her a message to get more deets so I'll let you know once I hear from her.

I have a friend who is getting married there in like two weeks - she said she had to call repeatedly for over a week to get her 'final package' and she JUST got it like 3 weeks before her date. In the package it specifically says they need all the info for the marriage license atleast one month before the date or it might not be ready for your ceremony! She is not impressed. She's having a huge wedding there with about 100 ppl, you'd think they'd be more on the ball! I'm praying everything goes well for her - she leaves in about a week. I will let you know her report once she returns.

I am hoping that they get a wedding coordinator soon! I know that resorts typically have a skeletal staff in the summer since the high season is the winter, but I also know they've been having labor issues there. I think its just a temporary issue really. There are still alot of positive reviews going up on Trip Advisor. I too need the measurements for the tables and about a cajillion other things. I'll definetly be monitoring the situation as I'm only 3+ months away from my wedding. I'll keep ya posted an you do the same please :)