Photo

:-( Don't want to board pets

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

So I just sat down and realized that the kids will need to be boarded for 7 nights. Marty flies in late Wednesday night so she will pick them up on Thursday morning. I'm having a really hard time putting the boys in daycare for that long. I need a good dog sitter.... :-((((((

#2 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

what kind of dogs do you have? i have a lab and was able to find some contacts and dog sitters who love dogs through lab rescue.

#3 Amy715

Amy715
      • 45 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

I have two dogs too (a yorkie and a dauschund). I am putting them in a pet resort/kennel (where they share a room together, have play time with other pets and several walks a day). They love it there and always come back really happy. There may be some near you.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

Leigh makes a good point, is there anyone you can talk to with the rescue group you work with?

#5 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:08 PM

I'm the same way---- I hate the idea of paying so much to wind up with my dog sitting in a kennel most of the day. We've been fortunate because in most situations, we plan our vacations with the purpose of taking Raven with us everywhere. But about once a year, we wind up having my 20-something nephew crash at our place while we're gone and he takes care of her.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

oh, that is so hard...is there any way one of your friends can stay at your house?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

I take my dogs to the Petshotel at Petsmart and they love it, lots of play time. But I understand I hate leaving them.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christine
              I take my dogs to the Petshotel at Petsmart and they love it, lots of play time. But I understand I hate leaving them.
              lol... I always thought those dogs were for sale?!
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

Well you guys have to remember I have the older foster girl as well and a cat. I can't possibly ask someone to stay at my house and take care of four pets. Our foster dog is going to stay with someone we trust and also fosters for Boston Terriers. Still not sure about Morris, since everyone we know has a cat, and he has FIV we can't leave him, with them, and the other people we would consider lives too far. I'm debating about asking another women who does rescue work but she has 4 dogs and one foster dog.. yes that's right 5 dogs already so that would give her 7,, I would be affraid it would cause her to go insane.. lol

#10 Janet

Janet
                • VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

Tammy, I totally understand what you mean, as I was really stressed about this too. Honestly, I think I stressed more than the damn cats ever did. It kinda helped break them of some of their annoying habits (like begging for food EVERY time I walk by the kitchen) and I'm sure they got lots of love and naps while we were gone. I guess it's prob different wtih dogs but I realized when we got back that the cats had been just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users