Photo

Hair flower

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 soma1133

soma1133
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:39 AM

Not sure if I should order a fake flower or use a real one for my hair. Any suggestions?

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Well...I really want a real one, but I am not picking out my flowers until I get there. Because I am so detail oriented (or anal as FI likes to call it!!) I ordered a couple of fake ones just in case I didn't like the real ones, or I couldn't get them to stay in my hair, etc! It's just an idea! Etsy has some great ones...here are the ones I just ordered....

Click the image to open in full size.

The best part is that they both cost less than $20 CDN (inc. shipping!!).

If you do a search for hair flowers you will find a lot of threads dealing with this topic...

Good Luck!!

#3 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

I am also ordering one off either ebay or etsy since I can then wear it to the wedding and then to the TTD.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 klopez

klopez
        • 176 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

do any of my fellow ontario brides know where I can purchase a hair flower in an actual store...i'm afraid if i get one online i wont get it on time or won't have time to order another one if i don't like it. any suggestions would be appreciated

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:55 PM

I orderd mine from esty from mickey and she ships priorty really fast. The only thing is I wish mine had been bigger.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#6 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

I think it's better to use a fake flower, my sister makes them too, here is here etsy shop and blog:

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by klopez
                do any of my fellow ontario brides know where I can purchase a hair flower in an actual store...i'm afraid if i get one online i wont get it on time or won't have time to order another one if i don't like it. any suggestions would be appreciated
                I'm not sure...have you checked any of the bridal shops?? Or maybe you could go into Michaels & they could help you make one?? What about markets?? I haven't been to the St. Lawrence Market in a couple of years, but I know they have a bunch of stones and jewellery & stuff - they might have a hair flower there. Or I haven't even looked - but maybe Ardene's might have a hair buckle that you could at least start with.
                (sorry I couldn't be more help!!)

#8 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                • 1,083 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

I am planning on ordering mine off Etsy ... I would rather get a fake flower so there is not chance of it wilting, etc and then I am assured that I will like it.
                  Real flowers are gorgeous but unpredictable IMHO.

#9 Jodyann08

Jodyann08
                  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

I think i would want one that matches my bouquet. Any advice on tropical flowers that would last?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users