Photo

Azul Sensatori - Magda and Neil's wedding

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 jamk32179

jamk32179
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Thank you so much for your detailed experience. I am considering this hotel for my May 2010 wedding and I am so glad to hear to had a great experience! Thanks
    September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#22 Jefiner

Jefiner
    • 119 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for the review.... the wedding pics look great. Do you have any pics for the resort as well? Did you get any grief from the guests having your wedding so close to the holidays? We are thinking of the same time frame for '09 and have not been getting good feedback?

#23 Magda&Neil

Magda&Neil
      • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jefiner
        Thanks for the review.... the wedding pics look great. Do you have any pics for the resort as well? Did you get any grief from the guests having your wedding so close to the holidays? We are thinking of the same time frame for '09 and have not been getting good feedback?
        We were a bit concerned about being so close to Xmas, but I didn't hear any complaints as almost everyone was home by Xmas eve. It helped in that a lot of people were able to get off work easily near the holiday. I guess overall I didn't think it was an issue, beside the fact that Azul's prices go way up after Dec 23.

#24 cdt_seattle

cdt_seattle
        • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

Awesome post - thanks for writing it all up! Mind if I ask you a couple of little details?

Which bouquet did you choose? The spec sheet I have lists basic, deluxe and premium.

Also I'm curious what made Tulum beach so much better than the one at the resort. Bigger waves to play in? Or calmer? (Depends on personal preference there I suppose). Or just better sand? My fiancee and I both love snorkelling, surfing and playing at the beach so this weighs in fairly heavily.

Thanks!
          Chris

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Magda&Neil

We had a few events planned for the group including a van to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins and beach (cost $25 pp in a private van). Hint if you do this – bring your swimsuit! The beach was breathtaking and we all wanted to jump in. The vans were booked through the hotel on short notice and showed a bit late. Turns out the short drive to Tulum of 80 km took nearly 2 hours one way. Bring snacks!! We came back by 3 and were famished and a bit grumpy.

#25 Magda&Neil

Magda&Neil
          • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cdt_seattle
            Awesome post - thanks for writing it all up! Mind if I ask you a couple of little details?

Which bouquet did you choose? The spec sheet I have lists basic, deluxe and premium.

Also I'm curious what made Tulum beach so much better than the one at the resort. Bigger waves to play in? Or calmer? (Depends on personal preference there I suppose). Or just better sand? My fiancee and I both love snorkelling, surfing and playing at the beach so this weighs in fairly heavily.

Thanks!
            Chris
            So, I picked a basic $50 bouquet which was the red and pink roses, but I also wanted Mexican Calla Lilies, so it ended up being $80. Pretty much anything you want in a bouquet can be made as long as you describe it well.

The Tulum beach had really big waves and the water was bluer and the sand was nicer. Also it was set along a beautiful cliff. If you want to get in the water, I would probably not choose the Azul Sensatori for the beach. It's fine to look at, but not good for getting in.

#26 jamk32179

jamk32179
            • 341 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

The beach at the Tulum ruins is amazing! The water is great and the backdrop of the ruins is beautiful! Bring a towel....we ended up air drying....LOL
              September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#27 MishMash

MishMash
              • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

Thank you for our post!!!  My fiance and I just stayed there this past June, and all the little "kinks" you mentioned seemed to have been fixed since then!!!  We bokoed our wedding there for next July and cannot wait. But without this website and brides like you, I would pull my hair out not knowing what to expect.  Thanks again :)

#28 lastminbride

lastminbride
                • 165 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Thanks

#29 Xarocas

Xarocas
                  • 157 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thank you for the review!:)

#30 Tanya81

Tanya81