rubyringo's Punta Cana wedding review with Pics!!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 rubyringo

• 68 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hello to all you lovely best destination wedding Brides!!!

Brad and I have been married for almost a month now and I could not be happier! the vacation, wedding & honeymoon could not have been better.....I would not change one single thing. Destination weddings are the way to do it!!!

Here's a review broken down into small sections and then I have a link to our photographers blog to see some of our pics. I really hope this will be helpful to anyone who is considering getting married in punta cana.

Our Resort:
    EdenH Real Arena.........absolutely stunning resort. It's so modern and the grounds are beautiful. I loved everything about this place. The rooms were also very modern looking complete with a jacuzzi on the balcony. The food was delicious and the staff was super friendly. Our group mostly hung out at the main pool bar and we always had a blast.

Wedding Coordinator:
    Her name is Elizabeth and we met with her our 2nd day there. She was super sweet and was willing to do anything to make our day perfect. I really didn't have anything planned out at all until I got there and everything turned out perfectly.....she definately knows what she's doing.

the Ceremony:
    the first couple of days we arrived the weather hadn't really been that great and the forecast called for more rain and overcast for the day of the wedding. When I awoke that morning I realized that my ceremony on the beach was not gonna happen.....it was way too windy and it would have been miserable. so back up plan was to have in in the tantra bar which is a roof top lounge with a bit of shelter to it. Looking back on everything I'm actually glad that the ceremony was there and not the beach......it was decorated fantastically and it was completely private. So just keep in mind that even in crappy weather, you can still have the wedding of your dreams.

We decided to go outside of the resort to the Jellyfish Restaurant. and Oh My God did we ever make the right decision......this restaurant is AMAZING. it's like a giant treehouse on the beach! we had the whole place rented out privately and it couldn't have been more perfect.......and the meal was best wedding food i've ever eaten in my life, we even had the wedding photographers tell us that and they've been to hundreds of weddings.
    Everyone had a blast and even still can't quite talking about how much fun they had there.
    anyone getting married in punta cana, no matter which resort you should definately consider have your reception at this place.
    check out their website
    Punta Cana restaurant Bavaro Jellyfish - Home
    they have their own in house wedding coordinator and her name is Mayte.....She is amazing........she put so much passion and thought into my reception and I will be forever grateful towards her.

we went over to the paradisus palma real for our honeymoon and wow.....if you wanna be spoiled rotten for a week go there. It was the perfect honeymoon place.....this place oozes romance :)

I'm not the best at writing these kind of things, but if anyone has any other questions please feel free to message me.
    and I would really just like to say thank you to this website and those of you that have shared there ideas and stories......during this past year it has been fantastic to oogle all of the photos and get loads of ideas and inspiration.

Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for reading my review and looking at my photos :)

#2 ACA Amy

ACA Amy
    • 88 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:51 AM

I am in love with your photographers! I actually found them online a few months ago and contacted them for my wedding. They ended up being out of my price range, but they are amazing! Congratulations!

#3 rach220

• 532 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:35 AM

your pics are AMAZING and you looked GORGEOUS! just beautiful....congrats!

Married July 16, 2009
        Aventura Cove Palace Resort
        Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#4 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Congrats great review. Your photos are amazing!!!!
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 **~Jenn~**

• 1,236 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

Your pictures are Stunning!! WOW...You look Beautiful!!
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#6 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

Your pictures are stunning!! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the one of you and your BMs laying in a circle on the ground. You were such a beautiful bride Thanks for sharing!

#7 KHarrod

• 902 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Gorgeous pics and a great review. I love your hair flower.

#8 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

Your pictures are AMAZING! Congratulations!

#9 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

Congrats!! And those are really great pics!!! Beautiful!

#10 kellywinter1

• 305 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

It looks like you guys had an amazing time!!! Your pictures are breath taking! Thanks you for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users