Photo

Cake topper: Yay or Nay?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Myda77

Myda77
  • 821 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

Ok so I am not a big fan of the bride and groom cake toppers, but I saw these cake toppers on Etsy, and thought they were cute. I was originally just going to just have flowers as a cake topper, but now I am thinking of getting one of these. I am on the fence about it. The seller can customize them for you. What do you guys think of them?

Click the image to open in full size.

Different seller:

Maida & Tomas
    Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

I'm not a real fan of these, but alot of the girls have gotten their toppers from etsy. Alot of people on etsy can personalize them to look more like you, or make their outfits very similar to yours.

#3 happygilmore

happygilmore
      • 576 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:01 AM

I like the first set you posted and I a not a big fan of the one under the "different seller".

We aren't doing people toppers, we got a mirrored starfish and have added crystals in our colors, my FI actually just finished the project a few nights ago and I think it looks great! So that could be an option for you, if you like it.

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Maida, I'm in the same boat as you. I usually think cake toppers are cheesy, but I saw those same ones (someone on here ordered them from the first seller you posted) and really liked them. I think they're fun!

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

I also like the first set thats posted. I think they are cute & unique. We went with the monogram cake topper which I just blinged out myself. I think these would have also been a good option to go with had I seen them. I say if you like them, go for it, especially if you can get them customized!

#6 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
            • 279 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

I think the first set looks really cool. Its not your average cake topper, i say go for it!

#7 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

I think they can be fun.....I plan to have the topper with the exasperated bride and the Golfer Husband...There in lies the story of my life

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

I think the first ones are beautiful pieces & would be nice figures to display after the wedding - especially if they looked like you. I do not like the second set under different seller.
                  Neither are really my style...but its all what you like! We are doing a palm tree topper to match our toasting flutes!

Good luck with your decision & happy holidays!!! :)

#9 nibsmom

nibsmom
                  • 564 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

I love the first set. I'm not so wild about the second set...they are a little too...indie...for me. If that's the right word...

#10 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
                    • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

I am an etsy buyer from Little Lynns Creations... check out my pic you will be see my topper and look for my thread along with all the other girls that ordered from Lynn. Lynn was just all out WONDERFUL Amazing!!!! She can do pretty much everything till you think its right... my cake dress matched perfectly to my real dress... and my hubby absolutely loved himself... with his nappy hair ... and how skinny he was.. LOL.. I kept it a secret of what it looked like because of my dress... but at the reception when he saw it ... he loved it and it was worth every penny in his eyes. It's already up and in a Shadow Box Jay made just for it to put up on the wall with our little wedding items that mean the most.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users