• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~
    I was considering the butterfly release, but a friend gave me a great alternative (and a lot cheaper). It will just take a bit of creativity and handy work. There is a way to make paper butterflies on a spring that you wind up, and when you open a card or envelope, they fly up. She is super creative and is looking for the instructions on how to do this. When she gets back to me, I'll post it for you!
    Does the paper blow away? Then you are just tossing trash into the ocean.

#22 Island Bride

Island Bride
    • 330 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

wow! So I was considering a butterfly release and just getting ready to order mine -LUCKILY I read this forum! I would be horrified if all my butterflys were dead! If anyone has a heart they will not do this to those poor butterflys! Cant believe I ever considered it!

#23 StephyD

• 342 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

We just did a butterfly release at our March 31st wedding and it went very smoothly and was very beautiful.  All of our guests were very touched and absolutely loved the moment.  All of the butterflies flew right out of the box and it was a very special moment.

My wedding coordinator at the resort arranged everything for us.  If you want more info, PM me and I'll get the vendor's information for you.

#24 Michelle27

• 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

i was looking into doing the same thing, can you tell me how you made the fake butterflies?

#25 cheflady

• 153 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

I love this idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users