Photo

singles travelling to your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 m_willis22

m_willis22
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

I had no idea it would cost so much for a single person to come to the wedding. I know resorts are based on double occupancy, but if a person comes by themselves they are paying almost double. I have told everyone they can bring a guest, but is there any way I can get the price lowered for a single w/o paying for it myself?

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

I had a few singles. The girls decided to double up, and the guys wanted their own rooms and they paid their own difference. (I guess the guys thought they were going to get lucky) (And actually one did) LOL. I know it sucks. Can any of the pair up?
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#3 KatyKo

KatyKo
      • 851 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'm facing this situation too. Most of our friends who are single are planning to just room with someone else, but some people won't have anyone and it is quite a jump in price for them.

I think our resort allows for a 3rd person in the room, maybe they could be added to another 2 people's room? Not sure if that would work.

Good luck!

#4 KHarrod

KHarrod
        • 902 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

Im in the sams situation, my photographer is coming and she needs a single room. It's so expensive.

#5 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
          • 698 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Same here ladies! I have my photographer, my boss and a few other friends that are also traveling solo. I included in our wedding website that sharing a room would save $$ and to please send us an e-mail and we'll help pairing people up.

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

I just asked people if they would mind being paired up. If it was an issue I am inviting them to come with a guest.

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

We have a few singles, although they are part of our bridal party and don't have much money to come w/ to begin w/. Our hotel is giving us a room free for every 10 rooms we book. So we're just putting them in our free rooms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users