Photo

Budget

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#111 Dijawana Diva

Dijawana Diva
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

I just looked at my spreadsheet; right now, we're a little over 23k (includes everything but incidentals and spending money); Luckily, we've paid about 15k towards it already.

I thought Destination Weddings are supposed to be less expensive :)

#112 Sunshine311

Sunshine311
    • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

Wow, either I'm doing something really wrong, or really right! lol. I was shocked when I read everyone's budgets!
      Our travel to PV for two weeks is $4300, and we're getting married on the resort where the wedding package, which includes almost everything, costs $1100. Add on our photographer for $600 and we're still at a pretty low price. Granted though, we're only having 12 guests, so after dinner we didn't bother planning a dance, too small of a group. We're just going to stroll down the malecon and see what kind of fun we can find!

#113 nueland

nueland
      • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

our total is going to be around $25,000 but we are paying for family members to come!!

#114 jthrasher

jthrasher
        • Banned
        • 486 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dijawana Diva
          I just looked at my spreadsheet; right now, we're a little over 23k (includes everything but incidentals and spending money); Luckily, we've paid about 15k towards it already.

I thought Destination Weddings are supposed to be less expensive :)
          According to The Wedding Report - Wedding Statistics and Market Research for the Wedding Industry. , average wedding costs in the U.S. for 2008 are $29,780 so you're still under average. :-)

#115 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sunshine311
            we're only having 12 guests, so after dinner we didn't bother planning a dance, too small of a group. We're just going to stroll down the malecon and see what kind of fun we can find!
            I think that sounds so fun, we love the malecon at night!! You'll find all kinds of fun :P

#116 ACPenn

ACPenn
            • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

Hey Nicole or any Cabo Dreams bride - can you give me an idea of how much things cost above and beyond the wedding packages?
              I know the 'Ultimate' is $2650 and then another $28pp.
              Are your estimates above and beyond these costs?
              Thanks - I know it's cheaper than NY but it's still daunting!

#117 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

Ha! I don't even want to page back to see what I originally posted for our budget, but I know we smashed it to pieces!!! I stopped tracking costs, for the same reasons mentioned above - it's a once-in-a-lifetime (ha, hopefully!) event! Little things keep coming up, we helped our sisters and my brother pay for the trip, I went a lil crazy on my BM gifts , and so on...

We were hoping for $5k, realistically, I think we're more like $7 or $8k for the Jamaica part - haven't even started thinking about our AHR in July! Argh!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#118 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

OMG, Heidi ... I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Tom has given me like $13K towards the DW and that doesn't have everything covered. Probably everything except the honeymoon (but that includes the small amount of $$ I've been able to contribute -- a couple hundred here and there plus my tac return).

That leaves $3500 for the honeymoon that he is going to flip out about when he realizes it's not included in our current funding. AARRGGHH!!

Truthfully, I have gone overboard in our planning (OOT bags, blah blah blah) and totally went over-budget in ssoo many areas.

He also thinks (unbeknownst to me WHY) that MY parents are paying for the AHR. I have told him a million times that my parents gavce my the $$ set aside for my wedding years ago to help me get out of stupid college credit card debt -- but he still thinks they should be/are paying it.

I hope to cover it on my own ... but with starting a new job ... it's HIGHLY doubtful.

All I can say is "oh well". We were watching "How I Met Your Mother" night before last when Lily had to explain why they couldn't get approved for a lower interest rate on their apartment -- b/c of her bad credit. We laughed -- and I told Tom -- "at least you know already that mine sucks. There's still time for you to run." But he just laughed and said we're in it through thick and thin.

So, I guess we shall see....

#119 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:57 AM

My FI just asked to see our budget...hmmm I think I accidentially deleted it.

I have been keeping him in the loop about most stuff, but not the little things I keep on buying.

#120 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:18 AM

Mike thought that a DW would cost us about $5000...ummmm, no! I think we're at about $16,000. I really don't think that's too bad though b/c that includes our trip plus both of our moms and our honeymoon. I've definitely gone overboard with OOT bags and BMs gifts, but you only do it once, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users