Holy Moly!

Thank you ladies for sharing your budgets.

FI and I are doing this on the cheap. $5000-$8000 is our budget for the wedding not including honeymoon. Granted we have savings, no debt, and time to save well over that amount in time (june or october 2010), we just don't want to spend so much money on our wedding.

This is just the info i was looking for, i'm trying to be realistic and figure out wht to expect. Thank you all for posting i thought it would be rude of me to ask people how much they spent but i appreciate all of you sharing, it helps.

This thread is a little depressing. I wanted to spend about $6000 but as soon as I started planning I realized this was impossible. I think I am at 10k now for the wedding and honeymoon. (not including my ring) By the time you add the little details to the wedding, it really starts adding up. Thanks for making me take a look at my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrfected View Post
This thread is a little depressing. I wanted to spend about $6000 but as soon as I started planning I realized this was impossible. I think I am at 10k now for the wedding and honeymoon. (not including my ring) By the time you add the little details to the wedding, it really starts adding up. Thanks for making me take a look at my budget.
DITTO!!! Same goes for me... so long with my $5000 budget.. looking more like $8000. But that's still good.

Approx 40 guests in Las Vegas:

Travel/Accommodations: 1,000

Dress: 250

Photography: Free :)

Church ceremony: 1,000

Reception: 1,500

After Party: 1,000

STD/Invitations: 150

Bridesmaid Dresses: 120

Groom's Suit: 120

OOT bags/supplies: 100

TOTAL: 5,240

I'm a TOTAL cheapskate so most of these totals include taxes and fees. I always say "all inclusive" when asking for a quote from a vendor. I've saved a lot by having amazing friends & a few connections. :)

Ok here is what we have so far:

Dress: 1000.00

Wedding band: 1000.00

My jewelry: 250.00

Photography(wedding & ttd): 7500.00

Video: 1800.00

Wedding Package: 1900.00

Bridesmaid gifits: 200.00

OOT Bags: (so far) 50.00

Ipod for reception: 400.00

STD: 100.00

I think that's it so far. We still need to get FI clothes and ring. Probably some extras for the ceremony. We still don't have rates for the hotel yet. So frustrating.

nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg View Post
Wow.....you guys are princesses. Our budget is really low compaired. Here's what I got so far:

Invites/STD: $200.00
Dress: $300.00 (no alterations yet)
Groom Attire: $60.00
Travel: $2000.00 (including honeymoon)
Photographer: Free (Friend of the family - but a professional)
Destination Reception: $300.00
OOT Bags: $350 for 20
At Home Reception: $500.00 (BBQ style)
DJ for AHR: $300.00 (Got a deal, we are friends with a local radio station DJ)

Total: $4010.00

Man I feel so cheap now!
LOL..I soooo feel you. I've had to revise since changing our date, but believe me..."cheap" is a relative term and when you have kids, paying more than you have to for a LOT of things is simply not a smart thing to do. You can still have a dream wedding on a "low" budget...I've seen it and know it can be done. I'm doing it! And I don't feel like mine will be anything less than what we want it to be or even some that I've seen that were twice as much. And I am NOT a good DIY'er..lol.

Here's my revisions so far:

std's/$150 and thats including the DIY aspects I added after getting the passes from Ana.
Invitations: tbd but aim to keep them under $200

Wedding Attire: his- $150/mine $500 w. shipping
TTD dress: tbd
Rings (wedding only, not e-ring)-$400

Ceremony: symbolic including flowers for decor/$800
No formal reception, just dinner/cocktails: tbd
Photography: $900 which includes Ceremony + TTD session.
Videographer: FREE!! My BIL is a pro wildlife photographer and videographer for many of the Chicago pro-sports teams (and has even done shot the Oprah show!). So he's shooting our welcome dinner photos and doing the wedding video.
My bouquet + parasols for BM's: $221

OOT bags for 20: approx $100
Wedding trip + 5 nts honeymoon @ resort: $1400
Welcome dinner: unknown/MIL/FIL picking up the tab

For us, keeping the cost low simply hinged on location and number of guests. We're doing everything we want, in a way that we want without having to scrimp too much because we picked a resort that's a 3 star instead of a 5..that freed up a LOT of cash and helped up not feel so guilty about asking the family and friends to join us. So far, I've found that people are more excited about going to Mexico and not going to a luxury resort in Mexico. For the type of people we are and the type of people we have as family and friends, that works.

We're determined to bring this thing in around 5K and we're on track for that so far!