Budget

We too have been finding that everything is way more than we originally thought, although I suppose a lot less than if we were having the wedding in the states.  Our budget is just based off our anticipated costs, we're still over a year away.  We'll be doing whatever we can to cut this down, hopefully closer to $17,000.

For 50 guests at Azul Sensatori (haven't booked but it's our top choice)

Ceremony package: $2500

Cocktail Hour: $800

Reception: $1250

Cake: $600

DJ: $2000

Mariachi band (45 min - cocktail hour): $900

Violin (45 min - ceremony): $600

Flowers/decorations: $3000

Photographer: $2600

Video: $1000

Make-up/hair: $750 (incl BMs)

Bridal dress: $3000

Grooms: $300

Bridal party gifts and OOT bags for everyone: $1500

Other misc: $1000

Flight and hotel for me and FI: $4000

Total: ~$27,000

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
Holy moly, we made our decision on time and date and we haven't even talked budget yet with FI, but I think I better sit down PDQ and figure this stuff out!!

I was thinking $8K tops but most of your budgets blow this out of the water eek.gif

Looks like I got some figuring out to do dizzy.gif

One Question though, do you couples have the cash for this stuff? Or is this going mostly on credit? My FI and I have some debt, but certainly don't have any savings to speak of that we can pay for this thing cash. It's stressing me a bit confused.gif

you're not alone with the $8k budget tops... we're trying to stay around $6,000ish.

my budget so far (assuming 40 guests, which may end up being way too high!):

Royal Wedding Package: $995.00

Boutonnieres (2): $12.00

Bouquets (2): $60.00

Steel Band 1 hr: $250.00

DJ 2 hrs: $300.00

Open Bar: $400.00

Hall/Disco Rental 2 hrs: $250.00

Room - 6 nights (approx): $1,776.00

Flight (approx): $800.00

STD's: $16.40

Invitations: $150.00

Dress: $250.00

Veil: $40.00

Photographer: ?

TOTAL $5,299.40

(as of now we're paying for it all. If parents can kick in for anything, we'll probably upgrade some things)

I know this is very old but I was wondering where you got married? I am seeing all of you lovely ladies highligghting budgets under 10 grand, this is amazing! Would love to know what areas you've found this is. I am looking for our wedding in mexico, 2014, for around 50 guests.

Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
Holy moly, we made our decision on time and date and we haven't even talked budget yet with FI, but I think I better sit down PDQ and figure this stuff out!!

I was thinking $8K tops but most of your budgets blow this out of the water eek.gif

Looks like I got some figuring out to do dizzy.gif

One Question though, do you couples have the cash for this stuff? Or is this going mostly on credit? My FI and I have some debt, but certainly don't have any savings to speak of that we can pay for this thing cash. It's stressing me a bit confused.gif

you're not alone with the $8k budget tops... we're trying to stay around $6,000ish.

my budget so far (assuming 40 guests, which may end up being way too high!):

Royal Wedding Package: $995.00

Boutonnieres (2): $12.00

Bouquets (2): $60.00

Steel Band 1 hr: $250.00

DJ 2 hrs: $300.00

Open Bar: $400.00

Hall/Disco Rental 2 hrs: $250.00

Room - 6 nights (approx): $1,776.00

Flight (approx): $800.00

STD's: $16.40

Invitations: $150.00

Dress: $250.00

Veil: $40.00

Photographer: ?

TOTAL $5,299.40

(as of now we're paying for it all. If parents can kick in for anything, we'll probably upgrade some things)

I know this is very old but I was wondering where you got married? I am seeing all of you lovely ladies highligghting budgets under 10 grand, this is amazing! Would love to know what areas you've found this is. I am looking for our wedding in mexico, 2014, for around 50 guests.

• 10 months later...

Wow!  I too was hoping to stay near the $10,000.00 range.  After seeing this I'm not sure if that is possible.  I didn't even think that I'd have to pay for having chairs on the beach for our ceremony.  

• 1 month later...

This thread is really interesting. When I first thought destination wedding, I thought it'd be under 10k for sure. Now I'm thinking closer to 15-20k looks realistic for us. I didn't realize at first about all the extra add ons either

As destination weddings have become more popular, the prices continue to rise.

Friends of ours got married about 10 years ago at the resort where we will wed. Back then, the price for the bride to be brought in horse drawn carriage was $50. It is now $500.

What used to cost about $10,000 in the past 5 years has increased to more like $18,000. Price & demand...

Edited by 1BeachBride