Photo

Help is the normal ????

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 blurt

blurt
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

Hi, Me and my FI have been talking about our wedding and he won't tell me what he is wearing or what colour, is this normal for the groom to do this or should I start to panic. He said he doesn't know what I am wearing so he's not telling me what he is wearing.

#2 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

Is anything normal with a destination wedding. I think that is sweet. As long as he is coordinated with your colour theme, I think it will be a great surprise for you.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

I think it is fine, but just drop hints for him. Little things like, "this would be nice to wear to the wedding" or give him some color options to choose from. =)

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

I think that it's really awesome that he is wanting it to be a surprise for you! A twist and what excatly makes us destination weddings... nothing is normal or the usual for us!

#5 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

I being a TYpe A--would want to at least know the color and material because pics are important! It is cool that he wants to suprise you--but see if he can at least share the bare minimum for coordination purposes.

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

I'm with YT...I would at least want to have him match up with bridesmaids. Tell him he has to have some sort of that colour involved :).

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Oh god i would be scared. Its cool that he wants you to be surprised but he should at least coordinate with your colors.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                • 1,209 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

DH wanted to do this too and I was terrified. In the end we suit-shopped together, so I knew what it looked like.
                  Just ask him about the colour and whether it goes with your stuff. OR ask him if he'll share with one of your BMs and ensure that another woman sees what it looks like together Not that all men aren't able to coordinate, but I'd want at least another pair of eyes on his stuff :)

#9 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by blurt
                    He said he doesn't know what I am wearing so he's not telling me what he is wearing.
                    that sounds like something tom would say to me. in fact, he's still threatening to wear shorts and sunglasses. as you can see from my siggy pic, he is not afraid of color or of standing out, LOL, so i'd personally be a little bit scared!

#10 blurt

blurt
                    • 105 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

Thank you for your lovely replies, you have put my mind at rest, I have told him the colour scheme and I must admit he has a pretty good dress sense.
                      Oh and he say's you are all awesome for saying I don't have to know and yes he said told you so. :-) x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users