Photo

Samantha's 11.20.08 Dreams Cancun Wedding Review w/ Pics

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

love your review! you look gorgeous in your pictures! big congrats lady!

#42 Samantha S

Samantha S
    • 369 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

Thanks everybody-- my head's getting too big to fit through the door! :-)
      Wow! Everything looks amazing. I really like your groomsmen attire, where did you get their shirts??
      We got the groomsmen shirts from
      Sammie, post your video pls.. Im dying to see it. I was thinking of opting out of it and changing it for the gazebo draping but now Im thinking about this.

Also, FI saw your Hubbys suit and he is in love with it. Who designed it or where was it purchased from.
      Hi Sylvia! Your hair looks smokin hott!! I don't know how to post the video!!! Its too private to post on youtube-- any ideas? I would definitely get the video over the gazebo drapery- you'll have the video your whole life. I still cry every time I watch it-- you will not even remember the drapery.

The suit was a steal too-- he got it on Amazon for $152 after shipping and it looks like its cheaper now-- good news, apparently you'll save $1,104 on the suit and get it for $95.
      BTW, just to confirm, the video guy you had, is he the one included in the package?? Can't wait to see your video!
      Yes, he was the one included in the package, i.e. the resort hired him-- however, we had the dreams of love and swapped the photog for the videographer. I really will send it out if there is some techie on here who can tell me how.

#43 Samantha S

Samantha S
      • 369 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:35 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cancunbride
        Sammie, post your video pls.. Im dying to see it. I was thinking of opting out of it and changing it for the gazebo draping but now Im thinking about this.

Also, FI saw your Hubbys suit and he is in love with it. Who designed it or where was it purchased from.
        P.S. Sylvia- I looked at your wed-site... so pretty! Since you listed nearby hotel options I thought I'd let you and others know that the Hyatt Regency is RIGHT next door to Dreams Cancun. It is a stunning hotel and had great rates (at the time we were there it was $85/night per room). Just an FYI because that is a question I had before the wedding.

#44 cancunbride

cancunbride
        • 531 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Sammie, email me the video pls. I will PM you my email address. I am getting on the suit and the guayaveras, great call on the grooms men they look smoking hot!! ciaooooo

#45 bbpacco

bbpacco
          • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Samantha S
            Thanks everybody-- my head's getting too big to fit through the door! :-)

We got the groomsmen shirts from Haband. They were awesome and only $12.99!!!! We couldn't believe it!! Here is the bad news, I looked recently and couldn't find them on there. You could try calling and asking about them. They were perfect and almost free.

Hi Sylvia! Your hair looks smokin hott!! I don't know how to post the video!!! Its too private to post on youtube-- any ideas? I would definitely get the video over the gazebo drapery- you'll have the video your whole life. I still cry every time I watch it-- you will not even remember the drapery.

The suit was a steal too-- he got it on Amazon for $152 after shipping and it looks like its cheaper now-- good news, apparently you'll save $1,104 on the suit and get it for $95. Amazon.com: Beautiful & Brand New Italian Linen Mens Suit in White ~~ Hand Tailored for Perfect Fit 3 Button Suits ~~ Perfect for Cruise , Wedding , Summer: Apparel. It looks a little cheese-y in the pic online but it looked great when he got it. He had the shirt already, it was from Saks but a year or two ago.

Yes, he was the one included in the package, i.e. the resort hired him-- however, we had the dreams of love and swapped the photog for the videographer. I really will send it out if there is some techie on here who can tell me how.
            Samantha, you can open an account and upload your video to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket. After the file is done, they will give you links which you can send to people to share.

If you have a google account, picasa has similar function that you can set your file private, and people can't access to your file unless you give them the link.

#46 Samantha S

Samantha S
            • 369 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bbpacco
              Samantha, you can open an account and upload your video to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket. After the file is done, they will give you links which you can send to people to share.

If you have a google account, picasa has similar function that you can set your file private, and people can't access to your file unless you give them the link.
              Thanks for the tips! Well, I have a photobucket account but the instructions say it can only upload 5 or 10 minute videos and I think mine is about 30 minutes or so. Looking in to the Picasa one. I can probably pay to have it done at my work and its not that much-- I'll look in to it-- its worth it. :-)

#47 Samantha S

Samantha S
              • 369 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

I lied! The Guayberra shirts are still there for $12.99. If this link doesn't work, just do a search for Guayberra on the haband website. They are pretty much the deal of the century for Groomsmen attire.
                Haband Guayberra

#48 destination

destination
                • 215 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

Anyone know where to get thos shirts in white?

#49 Jefiner

Jefiner
                  • 119 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Congratulations! You look stunning as well as your entire wedding party! I just sent you a PM looking for a few more details, if your not sick of sharing yet! Thanks so much for all the info!

#50 mc5363

mc5363
                    • 315 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

This is such a great review and everyone looked amazing!

Wheredid you guys do the father daughter and first dance? Is there a dance floor in the tower lobby?

Back to Destination Wedding Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users