Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, JAMAICA review!!
Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:47 AM
Question- Where did you get your cake topper?
Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:33 PM
Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:52 AM
I'm sure I'll have some questions for you after the holidays.
Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:00 PM
I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:
1) Temperature wise. I'm getting married in 3 months at this resort and our time slot is 5:00. Does it generally cool off by then? Were you hot? I'm trying to convince my groom and his groomsmen to wear a linen suit, but I don't want to make them sweat their butts off. Thought?
2) Upgrade to the honeymoon suite. Did you pay for this beforehand? Jascynthia told us we'd have to upgrade to get it. Shower with no hot water? Was there an indoor shower? Or did you have to bath the whole time? I can't remember the last time I had a bath prior to getting ready for anything and the thought of a cold shower doesn't sound inviting.
3) Would you recommend the ipod and speakers? Could you have had your first dance at the reception with the steel drum band? I was pondering this option. We also have the blue lagoon restaurant booked for the evening.
4) After party better upstairs then at the disco? Is there room to dance at the upstairs longue? What time does it close?
5) For all of us that are getting married here in the near future, is there anything that afterwards you thought you wish you had known so that you could have done differently?
6) Ceremony, was the officiant prepared to do a sand ceremony, or did you need to provide the script?
Thanks so much,
Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:07 PM
Nat, I will answer a couple of your questions.
In three months it will still be pretty hot at 5 but it shouldn't be unbearable. For us it was warm around that time but definitely cooler then earlier in the day. But this was because sundown for us was at about 5:15-5:45. I would say your groomsmen should be fine in linen suits at that time.
The ipod with speakers was loud enough for the first couple dances. You could hear it fine. But ipod docks are all made differently so what Caroline used may be louder then others. I know that Caroline's ran on batteries as I don't believe there is an outlet close at the Blue Lagoon. I actually looked because I wanted to plug in a laptop during lunch one day and couldn't find any.
Upstairs is more of a lounge with some dancing, depending on what the band is playing. One night there were tons of people dancing and the next there were only a few. There is lots of room upstairs for people to dance as well as lots of room for people that wish to sit and talk and have drinks. To be honest, the Disco the nights that I was at the resort and looked in, was dead. If you have a big party then it would be yours to take over.
The resort is huge. So if you need to call and take a trolly somewhere be sure to give them a lot of time to come. If you want to go out for dinner with a large group be sure to call ahead. Don't let the rain get you down if it happens. There were times when it cleared up after 15 minutes.
Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:25 AM
It is too bad I am already in Mexico on the 15th of April, I would have done it at cost. I seriously love the Grand Palladium.
Also, I thought I would add for everyone that I stayed on the Jamaica side and not the Lady Hamilton side. My room was amazing, everything was fantastic on that side as well. So if you have guests that want to save a little this is a great option. You share everything with the LH, the rooms/buildings are the only difference.
Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:14 AM
You guys are making us feel much more at ease!
How did you get the menu to include the beef medallions? I did not see this an option on any of the menus.
Should we just book the romance suites upfront since they don't seem to want to give any extras?
GM Dave's email or contact info??
BTW.......You guys look stunning!!!
Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:48 PM
Everything looks beautiful!! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay.
I had a few questions for you, my fiance and I are getting married in June. We noticed you had beef medallions which was not listed at the menus that I was given in Oct., do you know if they have updated them or were changed?
Also, I wanted to see what you did for your guests as favors?
What did you do for your bridal party?
I wanted to do my own flowers b/c the resort is expensive, do you know of any local markets around that sell flowers?
Is there anything you need to prepare for before leaving for Jamaica?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users