Photo

Dress Alterations...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

Thank you DestinationBride for the referral! I greatly appreciate it! I have been looking for someone who will do alterations for my dress. How long did it take to have it altered?

Jessica

#12 Evyb

Evyb
    • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

Great! Thanks for the tip. I'm getting my dress at a sample sale so I'll need a place for alterations.

#13 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm going dress shopping for the first time in 2 weeks.
        Michelle

#14 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
        • 714 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

Kasias has raised their price for alterations! My dress was too long so they need to cut it and do the bustle. They charged me $ 295. Oh well... I hope they do a good job.

#15 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
          • 714 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

Kasias did not do a good job on my dress. I found out that the bustle that they did was not right and the hem on my dress was uneven. I wanted them to do a sweetheart neckline on my dress but they refused and said that they can't do it on my dress. I just found a great alterations lady named Sara who did a wonderful job creating a sweetheart neckline on my dress. I always felt rushed at Kasias and the mother who is the seamstress is overworked. They need additional help. I can't recommend them.

#16 christmas

christmas
            • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

Hi Jessica - could you post more info about Sarah? I am looking for someone to alter the dress I bought out of town and just finally recieved today, and my wedding is only 4 weeks away! Thanks in advance,
              Christy

#17 christmas

christmas
              • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

Hi Jessica - could you post more info about Sarah? I am looking for someone to alter the dress I bought out of town and just finally recieved today, and my wedding is only 4 weeks away! Thanks in advance,
                Christy

#18 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jtds2713
                  Kasias has raised their price for alterations! My dress was too long so they need to cut it and do the bustle. They charged me $ 295. Oh well... I hope they do a good job.
                  Quote:
                  Kasias did not do a good job on my dress. I found out that the bustle that they did was not right and the hem on my dress was uneven. I wanted them to do a sweetheart neckline on my dress but they refused and said that they can't do it on my dress. I just found a great alterations lady named Sara who did a wonderful job creating a sweetheart neckline on my dress. I always felt rushed at Kasias and the mother who is the seamstress is overworked. They need additional help. I can't recommend them.
                  Oh no! I bought my dress there and it will definitely require alterations... if anybody has any suggestions for good Chicago-area alterations, please share!! Thanks. :-)

#19 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
                  • 714 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Here is the contact info for the alterations lady in Chicago. Her name is Sarah. She did a great job altering the neckline of my dress. She was also recommended to me by Al'amour, a well-known bridal salon. Here is the link to the thread with her contact info: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t10396

Best to all!

Jess

#20 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                    • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Quote:
                      Here is the contact info for the alterations lady in Chicago. Her name is Sarah. She did a great job altering the neckline of my dress. She was also recommended to me by Al'amour, a well-known bridal salon. Here is the link to the thread with her contact info: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t10396

Best to all!

Jess
                      Thank you so much!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users