Photo

How to ask guests to wear white to the wedding

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Sheree10

Sheree10
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

An all white wedding will look beautiful!
    http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#12 Fruitcrush

Fruitcrush
    • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

Awesome! I didn't think I would find others with the same request!! Let me know if you have updates of how it all worked out! I am going a non traditional route with a non white dress and want to be the one to stand out.. So, I would like it to be opposite :)

Adriana

#13 renee1811

renee1811
      • 539 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

I can't wait to see pics; I bet an all-white ceremony will look beautiful against the bright, tropical colors!

#14 BeautifulBridetoBe

BeautifulBridetoBe
        • 147 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

*UPDATE*

I am REALLY GLAD I had an all-white wedding, as I have always dreamed of one. It looked amazing...and the pictures were beautiful!

I told my guests, via our wedding website just that...as suggested by Neen:

" We are dreaming of an all-white wedding. White weddings represent the purity of love which is what we pray we will always share throughout our marriage. In keeping with this theme, we ask that guests wear white ensembles to the ceremony...."white" can be white, off-white, wintersilk, magnolia white, tan, beige, eggshell...whatever shade of white you wish! Feel free to change for the reception!"

All of our guests complied and most wore pure white. In the sun, it looked awesome! Only one or two changed for the reception.

Now, some people were not too happy because they wanted to wear their favourite blue dress. But most people do own something white and because it was a tropical wedding, almost anything goes. The complaint was that white does not alway look good on paler complexions or bigger figures...so those guests had the option of wearing the tan colours.

Most people were happy to wear a simple white sundress or a white shirt and pair of khakis. Those who needed that splash of colour wore it in their accessories: turquoise necklaces, coral rings, etc.

Happy planning!!!!!!

http://www.weddingco...ubdgkri2xzd.png

Interested in sharing a Photographer: May 9 - 16, 2009
          Punta Cana, Dominican RepublicPM me if interested....

#15 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I would love to see some pictures of this!  What a neat idea!

Originally Posted by BeautifulBridetoBe 

*UPDATE*

I am REALLY GLAD I had an all-white wedding, as I have always dreamed of one. It looked amazing...and the pictures were beautiful!

I told my guests, via our wedding website just that...as suggested by Neen:

" We are dreaming of an all-white wedding. White weddings represent the purity of love which is what we pray we will always share throughout our marriage. In keeping with this theme, we ask that guests wear white ensembles to the ceremony...."white" can be white, off-white, wintersilk, magnolia white, tan, beige, eggshell...whatever shade of white you wish! Feel free to change for the reception!"

All of our guests complied and most wore pure white. In the sun, it looked awesome! Only one or two changed for the reception.

Now, some people were not too happy because they wanted to wear their favourite blue dress. But most people do own something white and because it was a tropical wedding, almost anything goes. The complaint was that white does not alway look good on paler complexions or bigger figures...so those guests had the option of wearing the tan colours.

Most people were happy to wear a simple white sundress or a white shirt and pair of khakis. Those who needed that splash of colour wore it in their accessories: turquoise necklaces, coral rings, etc.

Happy planning!!!!!!

#16 KalikLove

KalikLove
          • 178 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

We are doing a dress code two!!! We are asking our guests to wear bright colors. Not sure how we will incorporate that into our invites yet, but here is the wording on our wedding website: 

For most restaurants and activities in Abaco, dress is casual or resort casual. Visit the screen-shot-2009-09-25-at-12-55-54-pm.png

After typing this out, I hope I dont come off too pushy. Again, I'm not sure how to say it in the invites...

#17 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
            • 166 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

I have never hear of this all white wedding idea - interesting - but not my cup of tea. I want to be the only one wearing white. Do you think thats something I need to tell people - or is it obvious that you should not wear white to a wedding if you are a guest?

#18 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

BeautifulBrideToBe, I'd also love to see a picture if you have any!! It sounds awesome!

Destination Girl, I think that most girls know not to wear a white dress to a wedding without you telling them not to. Men may wear a white dress shirt but I don't think that would be a problem, I'm sure they aren't wearing a full white suit haha. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#19 maridr2012

maridr2012
                • 251 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

I have to agree with one of the previous ladies...I don't want anyone wearing white to the wedding..I should be the only one in white.  I'm the bride!  Heck, I don't even want any girls wearing ivory, lol.  But...most girls do know not to wear it.  My FI's uncle told me a few weeks ago very excitedly that he knew exactly what he was going to wear and would be purchasing his outfit the next week.....a cream colored linen suit.  I blinked my big eyes very widely and said, "Are you serious?  Ummmm you can't wear that...Jaime's wearing an ivory linen suit".  LOL..  I felt kinda bad because he was so excited.  He then started teasing me and saying he didn't care, he would wear it and everyone would think he's the lucky guy.  haha.  It was all in good fun but I could tell I burst his bubble.  His wife later told me she would make sure he wouldn't wear that.  

#20 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
                  • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

i think the white will make for great pictures but i would be worried that i would not stand out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users