#11 Yari

• VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

Marriott does it

#12 nikkigard

• 200 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

We did it several times when we stayed at a condo on Playas Gemelas beach in Dec. They have a little turtle "sanctuary" there and will call the guests when they have turtles to release. Everyone comes down, gets a turtle, and then puts it in the sand and watches them crawl to the ocean. Its very sweet. People that are passing by on the beach can participate as well if there are enough turtles, and there usually is. I have some pictures of it and would attach them if I knew how!! Can you tell I am new at this?!

#13 tcuvicki

• 75 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

The Presidente Intercontinental does it too, that was one of my deciding factors when I choose it for our wedding ;-)

#14 babymagic40

• 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:31 AM

Anyone know if the Riu Vallarta does it? I am super excited about getting married, but releasing a baby turtle comes a very close 2nd. OK, I really like turtles. Matter of fact, I have one. I will be asking my wedding coordinator, but if anyone knows about the Riu Vallarta do tell.

#15 nikkigard

• 200 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

We went in the 2nd week of December and did it twice...

#16 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

I've done it a couple of times... they are the cutest!!

#17 mayanbride78

• 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

The coordiantor at Dreams told me that there isn't really a set amount of weeks/days during a given month that they do the release of turtles. They do it all year round but Nov. is when they seem to have the most!
                D & C
                Dreams 2009

#18 smith3576

• 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

There is also a company that comes highly recommended that does it if your hotel does not or not on the nights you are there. I can't remember the site and don't have time to look it up right now, but you can find a link to it on our wedding webpage under The Wedding and Beyond.
                  We're married! Jamie

#19 ChristinaH

• 178 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

The Marriott does it most evenings around sunset. My friends and family loved this! It's super cute and fun for all.

#20 jdrewett

• 171 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:30 PM

I'm going to do more research on this! I would love to do a turtle release and snorkeling for our guest activities!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users