Sign in to follow this  
angiel

sea turtle releasing

Anyone know what hotels or vendors offer the baby sea turtle releasing in November and dates that it is done? I asked our WC about it and they said that the dreams hotel is the only one they know of. My fiance is a sea turtle fanatic and it is one of the main reasons for picking a november wedding date in PV. We would love to have our guests do something that would be unforgetable and a "once in a lifetime opportunity for us Minnesotans to experience.

we did it at dreams. i don't know any other place, but the sea turtles don't come from dreams. i think they come from some nearby wildlife facility. try contacting the people at dreams and asking them what company the sea turtles come from. then contact that company and ask if there are any other hotels that they use as release sites.

When I was at Barcelo Maya Palace they did this the evening before our wedding. I dont know how it was arranged we just saw the crowd of people on the beach with all the baby turtles...so adorable!

thank you for the info. I will contact Dreams to find out who they go through. You would think that the Krystal would do it since it is "family friendy" and one of the original hotels.

Does anyone know if it's only during those dates (end of Oct thru Nov)? Lauren, I noticed that you did it, but had a Feb wedding date... I'd love to do it (sounds so fun and I LOVE turtles), but we're not getting married until March sad.gif

thanks!