• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

Okay, I am sorry but I just had to get this off my chest so I do not bust out into tears at work.

My FI lost his job last week and I think he company are total A**holes. They let go of half of the staff and in CO they do not have to tell you why. It just stinks right before Christmas and while we are planning our wedding. Ughh!

My FI is also a student and is 6 classes away from graduation and that job allowed him to work and be student and now he will probably have to work 2x as many hours.

Then the wireless card on my lap top was not working so I took it to "big name" store and when I arrived it would not turn on at all. Big Name store basically told me it was the mother board and I was SOL.

I am extra sensitive about the lap top issue because I saved money and bought it Aprl of 07' and it was my first computer and basically the first nice thing I bought for my self. Now it is garbage.

Sorry thanks for letting me complain.

I should not be wallowing, a lot of people have it way worse. I will still be able to have a beautiful wedding, might have to cut out the OOT bags for favors, but it is a small sacrifice when other people are losing their homes and fighting cancer.

Okay I am done now.

Sorry for the typos, I was on a rant.

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

So sorry you are having a bad set of events. It just plain sucks!

I am also so sorry your FI lost his job. This economy does blow.

I hope the rest of holiday season goes better for the both of you.

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

Yes, we do have each other.

I just have to turn my mindset around and look at the positives going into this holdiay week. We have each other love and our health.

#4 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

sorry to hear about the run of bad luck you are having..and its soo nice to hear you are considering others in worse situations than yourself!

Remember it is a new year soon, start the new year with a new fresh frame of mind and hopefully everything will fall into place for you lady!

#5 KRB

KRB
          • 61 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Sorry you have had a bad streak. As one door closes, look for better opportunities are behind a new door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users