Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#81 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

Duchess Thanks for the info on the veils bc I just got my gown and of course the veil i wanted cost $250 I'm like you gotta be kidding me. I willl do an ebay search tonite.

#82 cdngurlie

cdngurlie
    • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Great Ideas! Yes im also trying to stick to a budget. I dont have any talented baking friends so to avoid an expensive cake i am doing 150 cupcakes all arranged on a cupcake tree. The local bakery does cupcakes for about $1 each. see Cupcake Tree for ideas. Keep the ideas coming ladies!

#83 Duchess

Duchess
      • 358 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
        Duchess Thanks for the info on the veils bc I just got my gown and of course the veil i wanted cost $250 I'm like you gotta be kidding me. I willl do an ebay search tonite.
        Oh good, I am so glad. There were totally things that I regret spending the money on! If you search on here, someone had posted a veil site that was really good too. Maybe search this thread.

Even though I am done with my wedding, this is still one of my favorite threads! Well this one and the one with peoples confessions!

#84 bellalucefoto

bellalucefoto
        • 221 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Lots of great ideas on here! For photographers, you could find one who will travel with you, shoot all your events (rehearsal, wedding, TTD) and give you a DVD in exchange for travel costs.

I also got my dress in February as the new styles were coming out and last years were on sale. It was a $700 dress for $99 and the veil was $40.

I always try to get the best I can for the money. Have fun shopping!

Katie

#85 JC0721

JC0721
          • Banned
          • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

BeautifulBridetoBe - thanks for the great post! I am all about saving money without looking like you did! And I LOVE Vistaprint and thinking outside the box! It is definitely possible to do a wedding for $10,000 or less!

#86 JC0721

JC0721
            • Banned
            • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Speaking of frugal.........anyone have any advice on music? Using CD's in the church, for example?

It just seems like an awful lot of $$$ for a musician/group just to play for less than an hour!

I'm hoping to get info outside of using a WC.

Thanks!

#87 bellalucefoto

bellalucefoto
              • 221 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

JC,

Using an Ipod with speakers seems to be pretty popular. Would that be an option for you?

You can also buy rights to some up and coming artists' music on www.triplescoop.com if you want something more unique!

Katie

#88 JC0721

JC0721
                • Banned
                • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Thanks bellalucefoto! I do have that setup but I guess I will have to check with the chapel first to see if we can even do something like that.

#89 jmb0902

jmb0902
                  • 496 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

WOW thanks for the ideas! You are super organized... I can only aspire to be so great

#90 Bridget810

Bridget810
                    • 168 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
                      I just wanted to share that I got my veil for $7 at Hobby Lobby, and honestly, it looks beautiful. I'm going to have crystals sewn on to make it look a bit fancier (and to match my dress). My sister-in-law used a Hobby Lobby veil for her wedding (she had some lace sewn on hers), and it looked just like a $250 one, so I figured I'd copy her idea and save a hundred or so dollars!

So, if you have a Hobby Lobby nearby, I would suggest picking up one of their veils and see how you like it; you can always return it if it's not what you want!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users