Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#241 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Avens 

I you sign up for Vista Print's emails, and keep an eye out those sorts of things come on for free.  I got my 100 STD postcards for free, and paid about $15 in shipping, which also included address labels (free), magnets (free) and a few Christmas presents.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smith3576 

Slapsappyhappy:

I can't imagine that it would be cheaper to do it yourself. We ordered 100 save the dates (postcards) that we uploaded our own image to (color front, black and white back), rush ordered the process, and paid $28!! and they came out great.

That's cheap! It'll really cost you a lot money. I'll never know about that.

#242 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
    • 923 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

Great thread! Thanks!

#243 helen9

helen9
      • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

Such great ideas!

#244 fmichelle

fmichelle
        • 298 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

My biggest piece of advice for saving money, start early and often. I got some great deals on things through eBay and because I'm not in a hurry, I can wait for shipping from Hong Kong. I've also used Craigslist (got a great veil for $10) and bought my wedding dress used (recycledbride.com)  Always search the words "coupon code" with the name of the website before ordering ANYTHING.  Also, sign up at a website called Fatwallet.com which gives you cash back when you click through their site first (good for travel sites too!) I did the vistaprint thing and got a ton of stuff for free, only paid $10.40 for shipping for everything. (clicked through another site with top 10 free items and then it just kept updating the same shopping cart) Thanks to everyone for adding their ideas to this thread, absolutely no reason to overspend just got it's got "wedding" in the name.

#245 smille50

smille50
          • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for all the budgeting tips!  That really is great advise!  

#246 Pucca

Pucca
            • 485 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

Great post! It's very reaffirming cuz I've been doing a lot of this and have purchases quite a few things already for a great deal! But I forgot about the Dollar Store; gotta check that out one of these days! :) Thanks for sharing! 

#247 schmizer

schmizer
              • 213 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

These are all good things to keep in mind.  Our starting budget was put together with the most it could cost us.  I am planning on being well under that at the end.

#248 rosakost

rosakost
                • Banned
                • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Since my budget is tight too, I have been signing up for all the wedding giveaways, donations you name it.

I sign up for wedding favors giveaway after reading their article on http://www.prweb.com/releases/wedding-supplies/wedding-favors/prweb4806584.htm

I even called wedding-supplies.com regarding this giveaway, they were kind enough to answer all my questions. looks promising.

#249 rosakost

rosakost
                  • Banned
                  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

I have signed up to every single wedding site and most of them run giveaways. If you enter most of them you can end up wining something valuable and usefull.
                    I read this article and guess what? I sign up!

http://www.prweb.com...rweb4806584.htm

#250 muzikgrrl

muzikgrrl
                    • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

These are some great, very helpful tips!  I had never thought of Michael's for things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users