10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#181 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Make sure to sign up for mailing lists for stores like Michael's. You can get tons of coupons and use them to get DIY stuff for half off! I bought all of my invitations, save the dates, thank you cards, and favor boxes for half price.

I also bought vases at a dollar store. They actually have some decent stuff if you can look through the cheap stuff. :)

#182 Raykel

• 489 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

This is a great post!

#183 TLC4Rock

• 473 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Great tips here, thanks! I also recommend the following:

1. Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading
        2. Gifts, Home Decor, Home furnishings, Toys, Garden decor, Housewares | LTD Commodities - LTD Commodities - also may find nice gifts for attendants.

I agree with original post. I used Vista Print for all my stationary. Vista print now has linen paper as an option for some designs. Once you use they they send you all kind of freebees. Like free post cards.

#184 nbills511

• 164 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

great post!! so glad I found this...FI and I are really looking for ways to save money. Thanks for the great tips :)

#185 Eliana

• 676 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

AMAZING POST! I love your ideas! thank you!

#186 Miss Lighting Bug

Miss Lighting Bug
            • 162 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Think wholesale: save-on-crafts.com is a great place to find items for centerpieces, lighting and more.

Forget the fluff: You can have a beautiful wedding without a lot of fluff. Wedding planners will tell you you need to do this or that. Not true. Make a list of what is important to you. Then compare to the checklists you find online. Look at the leftover items...do you need them or want them.

Example: I think programs for a small wedding are silly if we all have the same backgrounds and traditions. Plus most people throw them away. I will not have programs. I don't care for garters- they feel weird and I won't be tossing it. I won't be buying one.

Once you sit back and really think of your wants and needs it is easy to eliminate some fluff. Just think you have a stunning setting that guests will already remember.

#187 mareW9

• 159 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

I have a friend who also referred me to this wholesale site for a lot of decoration/little things: gandgwebstore.com -
                Apparently, they have a store in Saddle Brook, NJ for those of us who are in the NY/NJ area. She recommended checking it out b/c the store prices are even cheaper than the web prices! I haven't had a chance to go yet, but hopefully soon.

#188 natalie1987

• 201 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

does the wedding packages change in prices when you get down to your destination?

#189 Lindobride14

• 279 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

Some great tips.

My motto is if it's something you really want, go for it. But pick three things you really care about, like your bouquet, centerpieces, and photos, splurge on those, and cut corners in other areas:)

#190 LowcountryGirl

• 153 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

Great post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users