Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#171 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

I saved some cash on my oot bags. We used colourful beach towels that were on sale for $2. I cut them into four, and then sewed them with some white cotton rope to make a sling bag...each bag cost less than $1. The rope came from home depot, which seems odd, but it was exactly the same stuff that was at the fabric store at about 25% of the cost. My mom really wanted to 'help' with something and this turned out to be the perfect job for her!

#172 RonNMel

RonNMel
    • 388 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

Awesome thread!!

I'm trying to keep my budget under 8000$ Since our wedding package is 1000$ and it might cost us close to 1500$ in getting certificates translated and legalized (FI is TOTALLY opposed to the idea of getting the paperwork done here and having a symbolic ceremony there), that means we REALLY have to save money on the other things.

#173 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

I did my own STDs and now I'm thinking of doing our invitations too. I've also bought things for the OOT bags when they're on sale!! My bags cost .49 each at Old Navy :) and most things inside are costing $1 or less. Created the welcome brochures using vistaprint (thanks bahiabride) and it was $30 for 50 pieces..with shipping and taxes!! I also bought my dress at a trunk show so it was reduced as well. All this saving cause we want to stay an extra week for the HM and we don't want to come back to ANY wedding bills!!!

#174 crsperanza

crsperanza
        • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

Great budget saving information. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

#175 mmshaughness

mmshaughness
          • 155 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

great post! Thanks for the great ideas everyone :)

#176 Sylvie143

Sylvie143
            • 181 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

GREAT GREAT GREAT advice, really...

My FI and I are saving to buy a home and I don't want to depleate out savings for the wedding, so although I want a nice wedding, since we are paying for it, I don't want anything over the top.... You make some fantastic points!

#177 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
              • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

This is perfect. Thank you for the help! You have so many excellent ideas. Buying stuff for the OOT bags is overwhelming.... I am always looking for deals but keep thinking if I wait I might get it cheaper!!!

#178 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
                • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Pastryqueen_Tanya
                  I saved some cash on my oot bags. We used colourful beach towels that were on sale for $2. I cut them into four, and then sewed them with some white cotton rope to make a sling bag...each bag cost less than $1. The rope came from home depot, which seems odd, but it was exactly the same stuff that was at the fabric store at about 25% of the cost. My mom really wanted to 'help' with something and this turned out to be the perfect job for her!
                  Where did you find the beach towels?

#179 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
                  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Excellent thread!!! Everyone can always use help saving money!!!

#180 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
                    • 194 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

My advice is for you and your groom to each pick what is the most important detail of the wedding and decide to splurge a little on those things, the rest you can cut a few corners or eliminate. For example, for us it is the photographer and my dress :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users